• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 5 |OT| - A Fraud’s Hankering for Some Bites

Pop

Man Weedon is the textbook example of why completion percentage out of context is completely meaningless

And lol at Simms constantly defending him and then be throws it for once down the field right to Ryan

Exactly

How in the world does Weeden have backers. He's a practice squad player at best.

zychi

Banned
We also beat the Ravens who had the best defense that year, and Brady and the Pats.

So yeah, we played what's in front of us and we won. Peyton did not play well that post season, and the defense carried us in spite of that.

But since you're never wrong, I'll let you think what you want to think and be salty over a game from 10 years ago!
Im not salty? Bears were terrible and only got that far because of Hester and Rex throwing bombs on the shitty NFC that year. Peypey sucked when he had to play a decent team in the Super Bowl.

RBH

635801589268709041-1024X512-GENERIC-3-.JPG

Every game's a home game!

Spinluck

Team has no reason to play hard, and they did. DL was exceptional today, front 7 did such a great job.

I got pretty jealous watching that front...

But once Brady got time and they started dialing those pick plays I knew it was over. If you go zone, he shreds you, man? Get ready to run into a WR off the ball.

I'd be in favor of complete cleaning ofhouse, Martin Mayhew, Tom Lewand, Coach Caldwell, Coach Lombardi if we can get Sean Peyton here with the management he wants and the QB he wants.

Whether that means Matthew Stafford or one of the top QB prospects.

The #1-3 picks with some of the weapons we already have, plus slew of draft picks should at least give him notice.

If this was a good organization I'd be 100% confident that this would happen. But this is not a good organization. This is the organization that gave Matt Miller a contract extension.

Mayhew had arguably the hardest job in the NFL: rebuilding an 0-16 team. He succeeded to an extent. I can honestly say we have NFL talent on this team, which genuinely was not the case a few years ago. Levy, Ansah, Warford...we have drafted some good pieces. But Mayhew has missed on so many picks, ESPECIALLY second round picks (btw Van Noy is inactive today).

However the biggest Mayhew fuck up was the Suh situation. It was quite clear that Suh didn't want to be here, and even more clear that keeping him would require giving him QB money. Yet the Lions never prepared for the likely result of him leaving. We could have drafted Aaron Donald, and thus have had the best young DT in the league. Instead we took a vanity pick: a TE who doesn't block, another weapon for Matthew. Ebron isn't a bust but regardless it was a bad pick.

Mayhew has to go. Lombardi should be fired tomorrow. I don't care what happens to Caldwell tbh; if we bring in a new FO I could see him getting one more year before getting bounced.

Spinluck

Im not salty? Bears were terrible and only got that far because of Hester and Rex throwing bombs on the shitty NFC that year. Peypey sucked when he had to play a decent team in the Super Bowl.

And the defense carried us there despite him sucking.

Can you read?

Top Bottom