• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 5 |OT| - A Fraud’s Hankering for Some Bites

Holy shit, that was Mech? HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH What a baby

You're alright, Darkest.

Almost as bad as wasting Barry Sanders and doing nothing to stop him from quitting on the Lions.

Why would they stop him? Honestly. If they were in his position, they'd have retired too.

LionPride

Banned
If I'm GM, I'd call playoff contenders and see if anyone needs a WR. Get Calvin somewhere he has a chance to win and hopefully get a 2nd round pick for him.

I don't know why I don't just go start cheering for an organization that isn't a complete fucking joke.

I honestly want to see Calvin traded to a contender. Patriots, Packers, Bengals, I don't care. Just get him away from the most disappointing team in Michigan.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
If this was a good organization I'd be 100% confident that this would happen. But this is not a good organization. This is the organization that gave Matt Miller a contract extension.

Mayhew had arguably the hardest job in the NFL: rebuilding an 0-16 team. He succeeded to an extent. I can honestly say we have NFL talent on this team, which genuinely was not the case a few years ago. Levy, Ansah, Warford...we have drafted some good pieces. But Mayhew has missed on so many picks, ESPECIALLY second round picks (btw Van Noy is inactive today).

However the biggest Mayhew fuck up was the Suh situation. It was quite clear that Suh didn't want to be here, and even more clear that keeping him would require giving him QB money. Yet the Lions never prepared for the likely result of him leaving. We could have drafted Aaron Donald, and thus have had the best young DT in the league. Instead we took a vanity pick: a TE who doesn't block, another weapon for Matthew. Ebron isn't a bust but regardless it was a bad pick.

Mayhew has to go. Lombardi should be fired tomorrow. I don't care what happens to Caldwell tbh; inf we bring in a new FO I could see him getting one more year before getting bounced.

There is absolutely zero chance a new front office would keep Caldwell for another year.

squicken

Football Perspective @fbgchase
It's week 5, and it feels like the AFC East, AFC North, AFC South, AFC West, NFC North, and NFC West are already wrapped up

Still think Seattle can win NFCW but otherwise, pretty grim

There is absolutely zero reason to keep playing Weeden. He can't even throw simple fade routes in the end zone to wide open receivers.

There isn't a Quarterback in this league who couldn't throw 2 yard passes to running backs all day. Anytime Weeden throws down field it goes god knows where.

If they play him next week it is just plain bad coaching.

I9kP6Qo.gif

I thought Byron Jones did a really well against Gronk.

or D actually played really well. It would have been even better if our offense could have sustained some drives and kept them off the field more and we had all our players.

Our whole team v NE would of been a classic game. Would of been fun to watch. This game was always about how many points will NE score. Us holding them to 30 is a huge win if you ask me considering all the circumstances.

Glad we are walking away without any more major injuries. That is the biggest win.

What's the downside to cutting Weeden right now? I wish we had Jimmy instead of Garrett.

There isn't one. He has shown he has no capacity to throw down the field. His passes are all over the place. His numbers look decent only because he throws 2-4 yards every single play and any QB in the league could do that behind this OL. It makes it impossible for our running game since the D can play 9 in the box to defend those short passes happening the whole game. When Weeden does throw down field, its more likely to end up in the corners arms then our receivers.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
There is absolutely zero chance a new front office would keep Caldwell for another year.

I honestly want to see Calvin traded to a contender. Patriots, Packers, Bengals, I don't care. Just get him away from the most disappointing team in Michagan.
I would be giddy to see Calvin get traded to New England. He is to me what KG was to Timbervolves fans.

And yeah, I can't imagine a GM that wants to keep his job not getting rid of at least one coach tomorrow.

Top Bottom