• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 5 |OT| - A Fraud’s Hankering for Some Bites

Narag

@AlbertBreer
Lions QB Matt Stafford said Jim Caldwell warned him at the half that he'd bench him if he threw another pick. He did, and he did.

DMczaf

the fuck is this shit

http://www.ashtondrake.com/search/P...DirectLoad&utm_term=ashtondrake.com/nflsunday

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Did the colts trade for a new front seven recently?

They've been better against the run this year so far. That being said I'm pretty sure I said the same thing before both of their previous games against the Pats and they just pounded the ball in over and over with the occasional great gronk play.

I still see throws for next week.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Detroit Lions report card: Everyone fails in embarrassing loss to Arizona Cardinals

DETROIT -- Grading the Detroit Lions after the team's 42-17 loss to Arizona:

QUARTERBACKS: F
Matthew Stafford was benched for the first time in his career. The starting quarterback completed 20 of his 32 passes for 188 yards and a touchdown, but tossed three inexcusable interceptions directly to Arizona defenders.

Stafford set the tone for an incredible sloppy game for Detroit's offense on the first possession of the game, failing to get enough air under a ball intended for tight end Tim Wright. Instead, it landed in the arms of safety Rashad Johnson.

Backup Dan Orlovsky, not wanting to feel left out, also threw an interception.

RUNNING BACKS: F
Speaking of benching, rookie Ameer Abdullah found himself riding the pine staring in the second quarter after fumbling twice, including once on a kickoff. The Lions turned to Zach Zenner the rest of the way and the undrafted back churned out 30 yards on 10 carries. He also badly blew a blitz pickup, leading to Stafford getting lit up by cornerback Justin Bethal.

Theo Riddick caught a touchdown pass in the opening quarter, but his other nine grabs were largely fluff as the game got away from the Lions.

WIDE RECEIVERS: F
Golden Tate joined the turnover parade, fumbling the ball over to the Cardinals after a reception in the second quarter. Calvin Johnson appeared to be in for a big day, catching three early passes, but disappeared the remainder of the contest.

The bright spot might have been Corey Fuller hauling in a 48-yard bomb on a free play after the Cardinals jumped offside. He couldn't build on the success though, dropping a perfectly placed deep ball from Orlovsky in the fourth quarter.

TIGHT ENDS: D
Brandon Pettigrew returned to action and gave the Lions an upgrade in blocking on the edge. He also caught three passes for 29 yards. It wasn't exactly a standout performance, but it's difficult to point to the veteran returning from injury as a big part of the problem in this one.

OFFENSIVE LINE: F
The run blocking still left plenty to be desired, especially early, when both Abdullah and Zenner had to dance around tacklers ready to hit them deep in the backfield.

The pass protection wasn't awful, but it also wasn't good. The Cardinals recorded just one sack and four quarterback hits, but moved Detroit's quarterbacks off their spot on several other throws.

DEFENSIVE LINE: F
It was a promising start for the unit as defensive ends Ezekiel Ansah and Jason Jones recorded first quarter sacks, but that was the last time the Lions got to Arizona quarterback Carson Palmer. With a relatively clean pocket, he was able to complete 11 of his 14 passes.

On the ground, Cardinals running back Chris Johnson needed just 11 carries to pile up 103 yards, with the majority of the damage coming on a 40-yard romp. In short-yardage situations, Arizona won the battle in the trenches, opening up enough space for David Johnson to plunge into the end zone for a pair of short scores.

The Cardinals poured some salt in the wounds with a 63-yard Andre Ellington touchdown run in the fourth quarter.

LINEBACKERS: F
DeAndre Levy's day sadly ended less than a two quarters into his return from injury, after he re-aggravated his hip strain. Stephen Tulloch had an inconsistent afternoon, getting beat for a touchdown down the seam by tight end Daniel Fells.

The linebackers also played a role in the leaky run defense, which allowed Arizona to rip off better than eight yards per carry.

DEFENSIVE BACKS: F
With Arizona pinned at the shadow of their own goal line, cornerback Darius Slay got beat down the right sideline by John Brown for a 49-yard gain. Two plays later, Rashean Mathis and James Ihedigbo allowed Chris Johnson to turn the corner and pick up 40 yards on the ground. Palmer's two other touchdown throws saw Brown beat safety Isa Abdul-Quddus and Larry Fitzgerald get the best of Slay.

SPECIAL TEAMS: F
Penalties. So many stupid penalties. The Lions pushed themselves backwards on three first-half returns. Combine that with Abdullah's fumble (which the Lions managed to recover) and it was a bad day from the third phase as well.

COACHING: F
What can we say? The Lions came out lacking urgency, struggled to play with sound fundamentals, and in a must-win game, got embarrassed on their home turf.

At times, the offense seemed to move the ball as well as they have all season, but most of the positives were undone by turnovers. The defense didn't look anything like the group that made Russell Wilson's life a living hell the week before. And the special teams play was undisciplined, at best.

Five weeks in and the season has come off the rails. It's only fair and reasonable to blame those calling the shots.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ss...eport_card_ariz.html#incart_river_mobile_home

Pitiful performance all around, the team seemed lost and just gave up. I honestly have not seen a loss this bad since the 2008 season.

This was an issue in the one complete Romo game as well.

Heck their only good second half defensive performance was against an absolutely lost Eagle's team when Romo went down.

Because their best defensive player went to Philly. Sure he may not have been on the defense.. But he is the reason why (along with that oline) the defense was decent and wasn't a handicap.

Hardy (piece of shit he is) was a good addition and helps that d.

Syrinx

Happy about the Bucs win, but I will say that I'm losing patience with Mike Evans. Seems like every time Winston gives him a chance to go up and make a play, he can't come through. He needs to step up for a rookie QB and so far he hasn't.

Spinluck

We will probably lose

Fuck you.

Well............I can say that Indy probably won't get run all over this time.

We will get throat fucked mostly by Brady. Have you actually noticed that our run defense has improved or are you just saying Tam will throw it 55 times out of spite?

Can only hope Luck is back next week.

Need his patented 2-4 picks.

Fuck you but this true. This is how you treat a fellow semi German!?

Come on Hasslebest!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
We will get throat fucked mostly by Brady. Have you actually noticed our run defense has improved or are you just saying Tam will throw it 55 times out of spite?
!

Both. I've watched a ton of Colts games because they keep getting primetime or end up facing the AFC East in slots not against the Pats, They've done very well in stopping hard running teams in the Jets and Bills.

Brady will also deflate some balls by throwing them 70 times.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
@AlbertBreer
Lions QB Matt Stafford said Jim Caldwell warned him at the half that he'd bench him if he threw another pick. He did, and he did.

"We're 0-4, getting our asses kicked, but if you throw one more pick I'll bench you in front of the whole country."

FOH Caldwell. Stafford isn't Jay Cutler mentally but what kind of playcalling and situation are you putting Stafford in when you call a streak/fade route on a 4th and 3?

What does this teach Stafford? Did we have a better chance with Dan Orlowsky in the game? Ridiculous.

Godslay

Banned
Good game Raiders fans around here.

I've always thought Carr was legit, check the post history if you don't believe me. I've always wanted Raiders to regain some glory, so that our rivalry can be born again. You guys are getting closer. Just need a little more offense at skill position (OL looks decent), and a better backend of the D.

Del Rio is still flaky as fuck, but maybe he'll bring you back for someone legit to take over.

effzee

I don't even know what to make of the Eagles. Great win today yes but still so many mistakes. They could have or should have put up 50 points with the way the Saints played on D.

Bradford got over the 2 picks and played much better as the game went on but some of his throws are baffling in how bad they are. He had 2 guys open for TDs and under-threw.

Oh well I think the team is better than what it has shown but it never seems to come together at the same time.

Bradford still needs to improve a lot. These WR's aren't good enough to make plays on bad throws. At least the offensive line finally showed up and played a full game pass and run blocking.

Hopefully Giants lose tonight and next week we are playing for first place weird as that is to say.

Top Bottom