• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 5 |OT| - A Fraud’s Hankering for Some Bites

Bros I need a harsh dose of reality.

I have now talked myself into the Steelers beating the Chargers and Chiefs and being 5-3 with a healthy Ben coming back to start the beginning of the end for the Bungles.

Chargers look bad, and Charles is out for the year. They could lose one of those sure, but it looks better than it did when Ben just went down

Man God

Non-Canon Member
To be perfectly frank Vick should have gone undefeated without Scobe and then there would have been a QB controversy in the Pitty City.

cdyhybrid

DAVIS HSU ‏@DavisHsuSeattle 53s
Seahawks middle of Pack on 3rd Down, Dead Last in Sacks Allowed & sack Percentage, Dead Last in Red Zone!!!

I2ELaUT.gif

I thought this was a good post even though it still boils down to "we needed something different".

I guess I'm not sure if change for change's sake is always the smart move in the NFL. Houston isn't doing a whole lot better without Kubiak, Detroit isn't doing that much better without Schwartz, etc.

I mean, I get it. Coaches "lose" the locker room and the fanbase sometimes. It feels like Coughlin has been perpetually on the chopping block since forever for instance because of the media and fans.

As for QB, the solution for Philly was still draft and develop ultimately. If Chip couldn't get Mariota, ride with Foles and keep your second rounder until the following season when you draft a quarterback and use the 2nd round pick to get him a weapon or a lineman. Now instead Philly gets to play the Sam Bradford game for probably two seasons. I guess I just don't get any of it.

So in year 4 Chip was going to draft a guy to develop? That is crazy talk. How many years where they going to wait to actually have a real qb? Chip came into a terrible situation in terms of Qb and tried to make it work, but it was clear that neither Foles nor buttfumble were the answer and he couldnt get the guy they wanted in the draft this year. Taking a guy with talent who had been hurt was the best option that was also possible. No way do you let Foles flush another season. Trading for Bradford was 10000% the right move, that does mean it will work out but Chip to at least try.

Tabris

Seahawks just aren't the same.

Russell Wilson is way overpaid for a game manager with break out potential.

Marshawn Lynch is obviously dealing with multiple injuries.

And their defence isn't as threatening as was before. Remember when people wouldn't throw to Richard Sherman's side? Those days are gone.

And their defence isn't as threatening as was before. Remember when people wouldn't throw to Richard Sherman's side? Those days are gone.

Yeah I remember peypey getting embarrassed by that D

bionic77

Chargers look bad, and Charles is out for the year. They could lose one of those sure, but it looks better than it did when Ben just went down
I want to believe but the bum ass negative part of my brains knows that Vick is due for a 4 TO game too.

I am scared and need a win dammit.

gutshot

Mariotta not getting stuck with Chip is the best thing that could've happened to the kid since it looks to me like he is a ton smarter than Chip ever gave him credit for.

Chip was on record with comparing his football IQ with Peyton Manning. So no, I think Chip knew exactly how smart he was.

Kam had the worst grade of any SS yesterday according to pff.

Luckily for you, pff is fucking stupid. But eifert/Dalton did abuse him

Kam looked terrible against the Chargers last year too. He just one of those guys where when he playing in a good matchup he looks like a god and in his bad matchups he looks bad.

Thankfully he has more good matchups than bad.

1.) The Colts and Broncos are the only team realistically standing between NE and another perfect regular season. Everyone else on their schedule is a cupcake, as it turns out. Colts not playing well and Broncos are winning but not being especially impressive in doing so. 16-0 again? If I were a betting man, I'd put my money on it. Barring injury, I don't see anyone in the AFC beating them.

2.) Fuck McCown. But he did work this weekend. Maybe next year for you, Johnny. Pretty clear McCown won the job for the rest of the year.

cdyhybrid

DAVIS HSU ‏@DavisHsuSeattle 16m
Seahawks 27% in Red Zone- Ranked 32, Cardinals 77% in Red Zone- Ranked 1.

We might finally outfraud the Cards this year :(

DAVIS HSU ‏@DavisHsuSeattle now
The Median NFL Team gets sacked once every 16-17 DropBacks or closer to 6-7%....so 14% and one every 7 is UNHEARD OF!!!!

DAVIS HSU ‏@DavisHsuSeattle 2m
Put another way- Russell Wilson gets SACKED once every 7 DropBacks!!!!!

RIP Russell :(

There was a report out that Russell is trying to cut some weight to increase his speed to account for having to run for his life every other dropback :jnc

Pepiope

1.) The Colts and Broncos are the only team realistically standing between NE and another perfect regular season. Everyone else on their schedule is a cupcake, as it turns out. Colts not playing well and Broncos are winning but not being especially impressive in doing so. 16-0 again? If I were a betting man, I'd put my money on it. Barring injury, I don't see anyone in the AFC beating them.

2.) Fuck McCown. But he did work this weekend. Maybe next year for you, Johnny. Pretty clear McCown won the job for the rest of the year.
They play the Eagles.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
...you think the Colts, who needed a lot of help beating up the other shitty teams in their division, who couldn't handle the Bills who the Patriots demolished at home, who are on the Pats shitlist because of the whole deflategate scandal are standing in the Pats way?

Dragon

Banned

B6igBHQIIAIdBPP.jpg

I'd bet the Patriots will probably lose at the Jets. Even with Fitzmagic, that defense is good enough to do what Dallas did but with a mediocre QB instead of a shitacular one.

I thought this was a good post even though it still boils down to "we needed something different".

I guess I'm not sure if change for change's sake is always the smart move in the NFL. Houston isn't doing a whole lot better without Kubiak, Detroit isn't doing that much better without Schwartz, etc.

I mean, I get it. Coaches "lose" the locker room and the fanbase sometimes. It feels like Coughlin has been perpetually on the chopping block since forever for instance because of the media and fans.

As for QB, the solution for Philly was still draft and develop ultimately. If Chip couldn't get Mariota, ride with Foles and keep your second rounder until the following season when you draft a quarterback and use the 2nd round pick to get him a weapon or a lineman. Now instead Philly gets to play the Sam Bradford game for probably two seasons. I guess I just don't get any of it.

I mean, Chip has done better than Andy did in Philly his final two seasons which were 8-8 and 4-12. Even the Mike Vick experience 2010 only led them to 10-6, the same Chip has done both years he's been here. Reid got more time to get it done in Philly than 90% of NFL coaches and there weren't any indication he was about ro turn it around in 2013. The team was directionless

At some point the owner needs to make a decision and move on.

Godslay

Banned

Pats will probably blowout the Broncos. That's okay though.

The fall back is always Nov. 15th.

Oddly enough Cortana (who has been pretty spot on) selects the Colts over the Pats.

Respect

Their schedule is weak, but NE will slip up a few times. I wouldn't count out the Jets either, they always give NE fits no matter if they are home or away.

Evening everyone. I survived ruining the future of America today.

Evening friend - how was it teaching America's youth today?

0807999001410268159_filepicker.jpg

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Am I a bad person for hoping Chicago hangs 40 on Detroit this weekend so the Fords, front office, and coaching staff look like even bigger idiots?

Crisco

Banned
Patriots won't get 16-0. Some team will triple team Gronk while getting pressure on Brady and eek out a win. Probably the Jets.

Am I a bad person for hoping Chicago hangs 40 on Detroit this weekend so the Fords, front office, and coaching staff look like even bigger idiots?

Yes because the only way they would look like the biggest idiots is having Alex Smith hang 40 on them in London. That needs to happen most. That's the only way someone gets fired during the season in Detroit

Top Bottom