• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 5 |OT| - A Fraud’s Hankering for Some Bites

Godslay

Banned
If I have been overboard and being a tad more upset than usual there is a reason. I took my short LOA from this thread to finish dealing with a personal issue in my life. The type of issue that is personally humiliating and makes you feel at times you are failing at life while being half the man you want to be.

I have got that issue finally finalized and now I have to move on. Sadly I only have a couple outlets that help to make my mind off said issues. Football is one of them but of course the Texans decided to shit the bed and kick me square in the nuts at my lowest point. Thanks O'Brien

Darkest just pushed my buttons and got me riled up. I turned on Milj on Twitter and realized I was being an ass. I apologize to both of them. In the end they are choices and comments I made and I own up to them.

I know/knew you were a good dude, and I'm glad you did this. Good luck getting your stuff solved, like TDR said if you need to get a word out send me a message.

In Bronco's news, sucks that Ware is out but Ray/Barrett/Annunike can fill in and get some good reps for the Browns game. Bye will help too.

I'd say the last five years or so of people posting in here says otherwise.

I just feel like there's a huge gulf of opinion between everyone else and Eagles fans about their franchise and it's not all trolling. People will tend to call a spade a spade here after a while and I don't see anyone buying Sam Bradford as a franchise quarterback or that Chip Kelly was an improvement over Andy Reid.

Andy Reid did a great job of building a team to win the Super Bowl 2002-2005, when it didn't happen then (because of the cheating Pats) he didn't really make the necessary moves to hold it together. There was really no post-McNabb plan. At least I hope he didn't actually think Kevin Kolb was the solution. Once Jim Jonhson passed away the defense didn't work and then they just started throwing shit at a wall. Wide 9? Sure. Offensive live coach becoming the defensive coordinator? Sure. Kevin Kolb/Mike Kafka/Nick Foles? Sure.

2010 with Vick was an anomaly, an exhilarating anomaly, but nothing more. Reid spent the last of his capital building the infamous "Dream Team" which came up with flat tires in 2011 and the wheels came off entirely in 2012. There was no coming back from that fiasco.

Is Chip Kelly the savior? I don't know, maybe not. But he sure as hell gets shit on here more than any other coach who came to a 4-12 team and had two 10-6 seasons in his first two years. Especially having to deal with losing his starting QB for large portions of both. But I will say I don't look around the league and see many other options available I'd rather have at the moment.

Dragon

Banned
sorry i'm not well versed

10_2081836b.jpg

Dragon

Banned
I can attest that the toilet paper in London is fucking thin as shit. And my ass did not like it! So I understand why the Jets did what they did!

Omg dungy totally called out our team on the same shit i was bitching about how in 3 of our last 6 games we have blown 4th quarter leads and if it wasn't for Kam miracle punch it would have been 4 out of 6

cdyhybrid

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Andy Reid did a great job of building a team to win the Super Bowl 2002-2005, when it didn't happen then (because of the cheating Pats) he didn't really make the necessary moves to hold it together. There was really no post-McNabb plan. At least I hope he didn't actually think Kevin Kolb was the solution. Once Jim Jonhson passed away the defense didn't work and then they just started throwing shit at a wall. Wide 9? Sure. Offensive live coach becoming the defensive coordinator? Sure. Kevin Kolb/Mike Kafka/Nick Foles? Sure.

2010 with Vick was an anomaly, an exhilarating anomaly, but nothing more. Reid spent the last of his capital building the infamous "Dream Team" which came up with flat tires in 2011 and the wheels came off entirely in 2012. There was no coming back from that fiasco.

Is Chip Kelly the savior? I don't know, maybe not. But he sure as hell gets shit on here more than any other coach who came to a 4-12 team and had two 10-6 seasons in his first two years. Especially having to deal with losing his starting QB for large portions of both. But I will say I don't look around the league and see many other options available I'd rather have at the moment.

I thought this was a good post even though it still boils down to "we needed something different".

I guess I'm not sure if change for change's sake is always the smart move in the NFL. Houston isn't doing a whole lot better without Kubiak, Detroit isn't doing that much better without Schwartz, etc.

I mean, I get it. Coaches "lose" the locker room and the fanbase sometimes. It feels like Coughlin has been perpetually on the chopping block since forever for instance because of the media and fans.

As for QB, the solution for Philly was still draft and develop ultimately. If Chip couldn't get Mariota, ride with Foles and keep your second rounder until the following season when you draft a quarterback and use the 2nd round pick to get him a weapon or a lineman. Now instead Philly gets to play the Sam Bradford game for probably two seasons. I guess I just don't get any of it.

Tabris

Anyone else find this season is just a bit weird.

Ignoring the whole injured quarterback thing - we're seeing so many divisions that were once competitive become a joke. So many good teams have fallen.

Pepiope

I thought this was a good post even though it still boils down to "we needed something different".

I guess I'm not sure if change for change's sake is always the smart move in the NFL. Houston isn't doing a whole lot better without Kubiak, Detroit isn't doing that much better without Schwartz, etc.

I mean, I get it. Coaches "lose" the locker room and the fanbase sometimes. It feels like Coughlin has been perpetually on the chopping block since forever for instance because of the media and fans.

As for QB, the solution for Philly was still draft and develop ultimately. If Chip couldn't get Mariota, ride with Foles and keep your second rounder until the following season when you draft a quarterback and use the 2nd round pick to get him a weapon or a lineman. Now instead Philly gets to play the Sam Bradford game for probably two seasons. I guess I just don't get any of it.
Chip doesn't seem like the type of coach to just mail a season in. How many vets are going to buy into the program if the team is losing? They practice faster than just about every other NFL team, guys are fine with it as long as they're putting up Ws.

bionic77

Bros I need a harsh dose of reality.

I have now talked myself into the Steelers beating the Chargers and Chiefs and being 5-3 with a healthy Ben coming back to start the beginning of the end for the Bungles.

cdyhybrid

I have now talked myself into the Steelers beating the Chargers and Chiefs and being 5-3 with a healthy Ben coming back to start the beginning of the end for the Bungles.

If Vick is merely mediocre and you let Brown/Bell carry the load, it wouldn't be the craziest thing ever.

Biggest question mark is probably, can he even manage mediocre?

DMczaf

Nope, I want you to come crashing down hard like Kobe's body the last 3 years.

Zeke

Ignoring the whole injured quarterback thing - we're seeing so many divisions that were once competitive become a joke. So many good teams have fallen.
Lots of injuries feels like more than usual. I also think these light practice restrictions I'm cba is hurting teams execution on the field and getting players hurt.

Brown is going to do awesome tonight and get 2 scores and over 100 yards
pls my fantasy team needs it :(

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Those teams are very beatable, friend. Big Ben also heals fast.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Keep your hopes and dreams at a max of a wild card playoff spot.

eznark

Banned

Chip doesn't develop quarterbacks though. He tries to remove them entirely from the game and make them extensions of himself. He just needs a strong arm and some mobility to make the threat of an option keep real. It's sort of why it baffles me that he didn't try to trade for someone like Taylor or draft Hundley.

bionic77

Nope, I want you to come crashing down hard like Kobe's body the last 3 years.
Fucking Pringles man.

This is not how it was supposed to end!

Those teams are very beatable, friend. Big Ben also heals fast.
I think this.

If Vick is merely mediocre and you let Brown/Bell carry the load, it wouldn't be the craziest thing ever.

Biggest question mark is probably, can he even manage mediocre?
Hmm. This is probably the best answer.

If Vick can't find a way to get Brown the ball after a week and a half of practice I think it is safe to say he is done. He should have a lot of motivation tonight to get another backup role with someone else next year.

Please Tomlin just run Bell and co. at least 35 times tonight!

Chip doesn't develop quarterbacks though. He tries to remove them entirely from the game and make them extensions of himself. He just needs a strong arm and some mobility to make the threat of an option keep real. It's sort of why it baffles me that he didn't try to trade for someone like Taylor or draft Hundley.

That's makes trading picks away for Mariota even more baffling.

gutshot

Andy Reid is a good coach, not a great one. He benefitted from a great Jim Johnson defense and being able to get a franchise QB at the start of his tenure here in Philly. Once we lost both of those things, you saw how the team spiraled downward.

Kelly's blueprint with the Bradford move was Brees-to-Saints. That was a move that worked out for the Saints in a big way. But it was a gamble at the time.

Personally, I never understood the Bradford trade. Like you, I would have preferred the draft and develop route. But Kelly needs to do everything fast, so getting an immediate starter who had the pedigree to potentially be a franchise guy was the path he took.

I'm starting to think it is an ego thing. He's determined to prove that he can win without a "running" QB.

That's makes trading picks away for Mariota even more baffling.

He loves Mariota though. He already knew he'd run the offense "as an extension of him", so him wanting to trade up for him is actually not baffling at all.

Crisco

Banned

Injuries are a big part of it. In some cases you have average or aging QB's who's ginormous cap hit has become detrimental to the overall team. It's also still early. By the end of the season some of those struggling teams will have played their way back into contention.

eznark

Banned
Mariotta not getting stuck with Chip is the best thing that could've happened to the kid since it looks to me like he is a ton smarter than Chip ever gave him credit for.

Top Bottom