• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 5 |OT| - A Fraud’s Hankering for Some Bites

Mike Zimmer hasn't won shit.
Mike McCoy hasn't won shit.
Sean Payton hasn't done shit in years.
Harbaugh's Ravens are 1-4. In fact, all of these Coaches are .500 or worse.

You saying you haven't given this an ounce of thought is the understatement of the thread.

1. I said pre-Bountygate Sean Payton.

2. The Ravens have had an inexplicably bad start that I don't just attribute to the head coach. Perhaps it's the presence of Trestman, who knows.

But if it'll make you happier I'll sub the first two for McCarthy and your pick.

cdyhybrid

We are not big on details apparently. Like glancing up at the clock to see how much time is left in the game....

In other news I just won about $200 in my office pick em pool. I had 3 wrong and 2 other people had 2 wrong but they picked the Chargers and I picked the Steelers. If Steelers win we all have 3 wrong and tie breaker I s we try and pick the combined total of the points of MNF game. I picked 44 and I had to get exactly right to win.

I am rich bitch!

It's a miracle!

Where will you buy the purse from this time?

kevm3

Steelers won the game and steeler fans are still complaining about the coaching staff. The dude brought you a superbowl win, another superbowl appearance and won tonight, and yet the 'fans' are still complaining.

Steelers won the game and steeler fans are still complaining about the coaching staff. The dude brought you a superbowl win, another superbowl appearance and won tonight, and yet the 'fans' are still complaining.

Steelers fans are extremely vocal and as with any fanbase there is always a subset that finds a way to complain about everything.

Also, latent racism.

1. I said pre-Bountygate Sean Payton.

2. The Ravens have had an inexplicably bad start that I don't just attribute to the head coach. Perhaps it's the presence of Trestman, who knows.

But if it'll make you happier I'll sub the first two for McCarthy and your pick.

1. Why even mention him then? Bountygate was 4 years ago.

2. If by "inexplicably bad start" you mean "shitty defense" then agreed. Rats gave up 450+ yards to Josh McCown.

MRSA

Banned
alexandra.gif

I hope me and FMT can be friends again because we're both glad that Crabtree has a QB that can get him the ball.

Drakeon

Hue Jackson will be the next successful Head Coach.

I wonder where he'll go. :/

What about Kyle Shanahan? He's bound to at least make the offense successful of wherever he goes. No doubt he will get a lot of interest from teams this off season. He instantly improves the running game wherever he goes.

What about Kyle Shanahan? He's bound to at least make the offense successful of wherever he goes. No doubt he will get a lot of interest from teams this off season. He instantly improves the running game wherever he goes.

I can see Indy going hard after Kyle Shanahan.

Just to supplement my point from earlier:

5 games in Steelers are averaging 18.8 PPG against, good for 7th in the league. They have given up 95 points, less than the Bengals and Seahawks,

The "inexplicably bad start" Ravens have given up 27.4 PPG. 25th in the league.

We are not big on details apparently. Like glancing up at the clock to see how much time is left in the game....

In other news I just won about $200 in my office pick em pool. I had 3 wrong and 2 other people had 2 wrong but they picked the Chargers and I picked the Steelers. If Steelers win we all have 3 wrong and tie breaker I s we try and pick the combined total of the points of MNF game. I picked 44 and I had to get exactly right to win.

I am rich bitch!

It's a miracle!

congrats!! Put on that Magic smile.

We're spoiled. And we demand better. When you're satisfied with mediocrity, you've already lost.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Via pft:

“The NFL sent routine notices as part of its copyright enforcement program requesting that Twitter disable links to more than a dozen pirated NFL game videos and highlights that violate the NFL’s copyrights,” the league said in a statement forwarded to PFT and other media outlets. “We did not request that any Twitter account be suspended.”

The NFL also forwarded a copy of the notice sent to Twitter. It makes no mention of suspension of the offending accounts. Per the NFL, Twitter received similar notices from other sports leagues and conferences, including UFC and the Big 12.

lol i'm just trolling you my man! i actually think it would be cool for the cards to win it. if the niners cant win it i like to see teams who have never won win a championship. i wont lie and say i was rooting for the seachickens to win a couple years back but i was actually happy for seahawks fans after they did since they had never won shit.

in all honesty with the cards i worry about keep palmer healthy and limiting the turnovers. arians reminds me very much of prime mike martz: you're going to put up numbers at the expense of potential injury/turnovers. so far they have managed it. what happens when they have to go to greenbay in jan? can they get the run game going? we will see
Haha I knew you were initially but some of your comments are how you really feel so it was a nice blend and it's hard to tell when you were and weren't, well done. That's how I felt too, on one hand I wanted the Chickens to lose but on the other, I was happy for the fans. Now they've won one so fuck them ever winning again! At least as long as they are in the same division as the Cards. Dude, when are you going to get your fair weather friends to come to AZ for a game? We need to get that beer but now that your team sucks they'll probably never want to come :(

That's true, his system kills QBs but Palmer says he has it mastered now and is very comfortable in it so I think he'll be able to focus on reading defenses quicker and get rid of the ball fast enough to mitigate the risk. At least this is how I choose to look at it ;P Turnovers aren't a problem at all. Take a look at the games he played last year and this year. The first year he was turnover prone because it was a new system and he locked on to Fitz constantly. Arians specifically spoke about this and made a concerted effort for Palmer to spread the ball in year two. Fitz's numbers took a hit though we had backups playing the majority of the season but Fitz had to learn a whole new role in Arians' system and so many people thought his best days were over and were writing him off. Fitz finally has his new role completely down and a competent QB throwing to him again and look at the year he's having so far. Fitz has said this is the best he's ever been because he is a far more complete player now. He used to just run the outside but now he can do inside and outside do so many more routes and he's already the best blocking WR in the league. He's HUGE for our run game and most non Card fans don't even notice that about him. Take a look at that 63 yd TD run Ellington did yesterday and see who made that gap for him. Arians' system has brought multiple guys to life and playing better than before. That's what I try to convey about Palmer, I know he wasn't anything special on his last two teams though had a good year in Cinci, but on this team, he's pretty damn good.

I reaaally don't want to have to play in GB so am praying we pull ahead of them somehow but I know it's unlikely. Their schedule is really easy, we're the only tough game they have left I think. No way we win out the rest of the way so...yeah. On one hand, we have a much better defense and have an offense that can sling with theirs so I think we're very well equipped to beat them. On the other, they have the best QB in football and that counts for so damn much. With Rodgers under center, you better respect that team at all times.
it never wasn't good but there are a few too many minorities to be rated highly on the eznark scale

Jnc I love our little insular family.

Haha I knew you were initially but some of your comments are how you really feel so it was a nice blend and it's hard to tell when you were and weren't, well done. That's how I felt too, on one hand I wanted the Chickens to lose but on the other, I was happy for the fans. Now they've won one so fuck them ever winning again! At least as long as they are in the same division as the Cards. Dude, when are you going to get your fair weather friends to come to AZ for a game? We need to get that beer but now that your team sucks they'll probably never want to come :(

That's true, his system kills QBs but Palmer says he has it mastered now and is very comfortable in it so I think he'll be able to focus on reading defenses quicker and get rid of the ball fast enough to mitigate the risk. At least this is how I choose to look at it ;P Turnovers aren't a problem at all. Take a look at the games he played last year and this year. The first year he was turnover prone because it was a new system and he locked on to Fitz constantly. Arians specifically spoke about this and made a concerted effort for Palmer to spread the ball in year two. Fitz's numbers took a hit though we had backups playing the majority of the season but Fitz had to learn a whole new role in Arians' system and so many people thought his best days were over and were writing him off. Fitz finally has his new role completely down and a competent QB throwing to him again and look at the year he's having so far. Fitz has said this is the best he's ever been because he is a far more complete player now. He used to just run the outside but now he can do inside and outside do so many more routes and he's already the best blocking WR in the league. He's HUGE for our run game and most non Card fans don't even notice that about him. Take a look at that 63 yd TD run Ellington did yesterday and see who made that gap for him. Arians' system has brought multiple guys to life and playing better than before. That's what I try to convey about Palmer, I know he wasn't anything special on his last two teams though had a good year in Cinci, but on this team, he's pretty damn good.

I reaaally don't want to have to play in GB so am praying we pull ahead of them somehow but I know it's unlikely. Their schedule is really easy, we're the only tough game they have left I think. No way we win out the rest of the way so...yeah. On one hand, we have a much better defense and have an offense that can sling with theirs so I think we're very well equipped to beat them. On the other, they have the best QB in football and that counts for so damn much. With Rodgers under center, you better respect that team at all times.

Jnc I love our little insular family.

I tried to go this year but they didn't want to. Thank god too!

It'll be another 5 years before we are playoff contenders again so who knows!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
So essentially they still want all the stuff taken down. Twitter just went the extra step to suspend the accounts to suck the NFL's dick.

Still stupid.

Maybe. But mlb has been on a crusade all year. I'm more apt to believe they called for the takedown.

ampere

I am rich bitch!

It's a miracle!

You suck. Today I had to spend $80 to get my car towed and $200 on a new battery (didn't know if it was just the battery, jumping it didn't work)

Pushing the car out of a parking garage from the 4th floor was interesting though!

Wilson has some random as hell endorsements. Also a little surprised to see Lynch that high. Thought Sherman might be over him but he must make a ton of money from Skittles.

Lynch seemed to just recently be getting more into endorsements outside his own brand. "I'm just here so I won't get fined" was huge publicity, prob well worth his time and the fines he had to pay for the other non-talking times.

On $200?

Bitch we don't buy our purses from Kmart.

That's not how we roll.

Wife make you buy her purses? See women... their hobbies are so expensive. I mean I use to collect shoes in the day but that's like $150. Purses... and handbags. I mean my mama and aunties all on that LV/Chanel game. Dated a girl that was on that Gucci/Prada game. Another was on that Diror game... and that most recent one also LV game. My goodness money just goes flying out the window.

Top Bottom