• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 5 |OT| - A Fraud’s Hankering for Some Bites

Sephzilla

Just keep Green Bay the fuck out of Europe and I don't care what happens

Wish we didn't have Thursday night games either

Glass half full perspective = The only way Green Bay ever goes to Europe is if they're the road team. They'll never give up a sold out Lambeau game. If they're the road team that likely means the team that gave up the home game is one that cant sell tickets, so it would be a game against someone shitty like Miami

Pray for Kave tonight.

I'll edit this gif if needed.
GZ5x1bx.gif

I'll think they move Flowers to the right for this year only. I don't think they want to ease Beatty into a position he never played, and while Flowers will be our LT for the future, he would make for an extremely nasty RT for this year. I do think Newhouse will get alot of burn in our Jumbo set as well.
Beatty has played right tackle for us in the past. In a very limited basis, but its not a "new" position for him per se. My consideration is Coughlin's past inclination of wanting continuity on the line and realistically, the left side of the line with Flowers/Pugh has been a strength for us. I'm not certain Coughlin wants to rock that boat but we'll see how it plays out. You could be right and I agree that Flowers nastiness on the right could lead to good things.

Poetically, he's the guy we cut to make room for James Jones.

I would say his upside is probably around a #3. He never jumped out to me as having potential to make the leap to full time starter, but he could end up being a decent receiver.
Giants are looking for an answer in the slot with Cruz down. McAdoo has been moving guys all over the line trying to find a solution there but no one has really stuck. He may get snaps there.

Fantomex

Dan Campbell has the Dolphins doing the Oklahoma drill. He demanded physical play. Jarvis Landry already started scrapping with someone on defense. This is thankfully going to prepare them to at least put up a fight from now on.

Andrew Abramson ✔ @AbramsonPBP
I cannot confirm report that new Dolphins interim coach will have a fight to the death each week to determine the roster's 53rd player

oneHeero

Time for Escobar and Hanna. Also, I hope Whitehead doesn't fumble the ball.

Edit: Broaddus is hearing that they are adding another DL to replace Dunbar's roster spot. Curious who it might be. Oh...DT Hebron Fangupo, I remember now. It was between him and Irving. Or maybe Ringo. But Ringo measurables are hot garbage.

I wish Escobar had more looks, the upside was there but man he hasnt made enough plays at all.
Brice being out kinda sucks given our WR corp. Guess we'll be in a ton 2-3 TE sets this upcoming game.

Thankfully we get back Hardy, hopefully he can be disruptive in that first game back. I think the Dline is getting some good pressure, just need to make some more plays.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
The good thing about being a Great Franchise is that if you are playing on Thursday night it means no one else wanted the game, which also means it's likely a non-conference game against a shitty opponent. So it's essentially a free extended bye week.

Aren't thursday night games all divisional matchups now other that opening night?

Farooq

Banned
I wish Escobar had more looks, the upside was there but man he hasnt made enough plays at all.
Brice being out kinda sucks given our WR corp. Guess we'll be in a ton 2-3 TE sets this upcoming game.

Thankfully we get back Hardy, hopefully he can be disruptive in that first game back. I think the Dline is getting some good pressure, just need to make some more plays.

I really thought they would at the very least use Escobar in the redzone. He is seeing a lot of snaps though, even though Witten is never coming off the field.

Here is Dallas Personnel package usage in the NO game.

Like you said I anticipate more 13 and 12 packages as well, partly out of necessity and because of how useless Street has been. Although, when Weeden was in shotgun empty, they gave him clearly defined reads and he benefited. I am glad we have Linehan to sort through this shit.

If Dallas picks up Fangupo, I think they will have found another contributor. I can't fathom a DT with his explosive rating not contributing. His get off should be amazing.

MechDX

Mallet Joins Case Keenum and TJ Yates in the long list of Texans savior quarterbacks. Next up: Tom Savage.

Yeah the Texans as an organization should just quit. File bankruptcy and just cease to exist because the fucking franchise QB tree's don't grow in the city of Houston.

Fold it up! We're done!

Spinluck

5 DBs doubtful for Thursday

Luck might start but he has looked like crap anyway and now has a gimped shoulder.

This is Mallet's chance to shine.

Zeke

Pass rush always seems to be our issue they can never finish plays. Garrett seems optimistic about Lee playing Sunday if he does play that's going to be huge. Lee and McClain are going to be brutal and we get Hardy and Lawrence with Gregory after the bye. Also read on the fan questions that Weeden actually does better on empty sets and single back formations. Bryan and David think they should run a few more of those sets for Weeden.

zychi

Banned
Gaming side made me laugh today. They legit thought Metal Gear Online was going to work well after Konami rushed MGSV out unfinished.

Why would Konami waste their money and time fixing an online component when they already have your money, and didnt let Kojima finish his game?

Its like gaming side has a 5 minute memory.

Oh hey the Bears play Sunday!

Gaming side made me laugh today. They legit thought Metal Gear Online was going to work well after Konami rushed MGSV out unfinished.

Why would Konami waste their money and time fixing an online component when they already have your money, and didnt let Kojima finish his game?

Its like gaming side has a 5 minute memory.

Oh hey the Bears play Sunday!

Gaming....side?

gutshot

An interesting narrative is building that shows that maybe the Eagles offensive line (and Kelly's scheme, by extension) was never really that great to begin with and the success they enjoyed in running the ball in past seasons was mostly due to the greatness of LeSean McCoy.

According to the game charters at Football Outsiders, LeSean McCoy was second in the league with 51 broken tackles in 2013. It’s not clear how many of those were deep-in-the-backfield disapparations like the two examples we just saw, but it’s fair to say DeMarco Murray isn’t the first Chip Kelly running back to receive handoffs and tacklers at approximately the same time.

McCoy’s ability to turn less-than-nothing into something was one reason the Eagles have been such a boom/bust rushing team under Kelly. Turning again to the numbers, the McCoy-led attack in 2013 was first in second-level yards (5-10 yard carries) and second in open field yards (>10 yard carries), but only 25th in “adjusted line yards,” which purports to be a measure of offensive line effectiveness and goes down when running backs are frequently stuffed. All those ranks dropped in 2014 (6th, 9th, 29th), but the same pattern emerges.

You probably don’t want to look at the 2015 ranks.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/eagles/Video-analysis-Why-the-Eagles-cant-run.html

And here is a post from 2013 that shows the same:

http://mcnabborkolb.com/blog/2013/1...ensive-line-quietly-even-worse-than-last-year

Top Bottom