• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 5 |OT| - A Fraud’s Hankering for Some Bites

I haven't watched as many Seahawks games as you i'm sure, but this is what I see whenever I do:

Snap
5-7 step drop by Wilson
Scramble to the outside (usually the right)
run back towards scrimmage, throw a bomb to receiver.

Do you think said receiver was still in his original route by the time that bomb comes?

Well on 5-7 steps it becomes that shit because our line can't block for 5-7 steps. And wouldn't that be the OC fault for calling for a 5-7 step drop back when he damn well knows our line can't last that long?

Or when we run behind Okung on running plays when he can't run block? Should that be the OC fault as well? I say yes because when we run the other side we gain yards, when he run his side we lose/no gain yet we continue to run... his side. Is the bubble screen that get us nowhere the OC fault? Maybe.... but is calling it 10 times and getting 10 terrible results his fault? I say yes.

Is Russell not throwing the ball to Jimmy his fault? Maybe yes maybe no I'm not sure, but is not dialing up a play to where Jimmy even runs a route the OC fault? Yes that is his fault. He has Jimmy as a weapon so at least put his ass out there. If he's not open then yea that's Jimmy fault for not getting open, but it's your fault if you don't even give him the chance to get open.

So is it the OC fault that the line can't block? Nope... but is it his fault that he calls play where it is designed that the line is blocking for X amount of seconds when he knows they can't last that long? 100% in my book. He is suppose to be working with what he has. He should know the talent he has and working around it.

Think of the NBA for a second. Should the coach be telling centers to shoot 3's and avoid the paint? Of course not because that's not what most of them do. As the OC you should play to what you have, and same goes with defense and ST.

There's a reason we play the D that we do and no other team does. Because no other teams has Earl Thomas and Kam back there to allow their CB to play the way our CB does. That's why no one copies us, because the other DC in the league are playing to what they have. You don't see a team with great LB only play out of quarter/dime and nickel. Why? because they have great LB so they play out of 34 or 43. You have to understand your personnel, and our OC doesn't understand shit. And lets not even get started on the play callings when every females in my family (I love them but let be honest they don't know shit about football) can even call out the play before it happens because our OC is that predictable.

I don't know man. Telling the truth about women in off-topic can also result in a ban.
Speaking of which, the addition of women to FIFA didn't ruin the game! Shocking, I know. They are pretty boring to play as, though.

So hes upset that he shit on the player, but he says he didnt shit on the player a specific way?

That franchise is a bigger mess than the Bears'
If you've ever worked in your life you should understand why it's a pretty big deal to attack a coworker about how little money they make.

zychi

Banned
Speaking of which, the addition of women to FIFA didn't ruin the game! Shocking, I know. They are pretty boring to play as, though.

If you've ever worked in your life you should understand why it's a pretty big deal to attack a coworker about how little money they make.

It's also a pretty big deal to verbally abuse a practice squad member when you're supposed to be the team leader.

The NFL is a different world, they all make good money. Google says a practice squad player makes $6300/week at minimum.

It's also a pretty big deal to verbally abuse a practice squad member when you're supposed to be the team leader.

The NFL is a different world, they all make good money. Google says a practice squad player makes $6300/week at minimum.
He owned up to that part of it.

For me personally I don't mind him getting frustrated in practice once in awhile and getting upset with a guy. Not something you like to see but I don't think it's a big deal. Insulting a guy directly for how paltry his pay is relative to your own is a whole different story and would make me think much less of Tannehill's character.

That's just my opinion.

j-wood

For me personally I don't mind him getting frustrated in practice once in awhile and getting upset with a guy. Not something you like to see but I don't think it's a big deal. Insulting a guy directly for how paltry his pay is relative to your own is a whole different story and would make me think much less of Tannehill's character.

That's just my opinion.

It's a big deal when you get mad at them for playing at a high level and not taking it easy on you.

zychi

Banned

That's just my opinion.

It's one thing to get upset at a guy for not doing his job. The practice squad guy is doing his job correctly. Stop throwing picks.

It's a big deal when you get mad at them for playing at a high level and not taking it easy on you.

It's one thing to get upset at a guy for not doing his job. The practice squad guy is doing his job correctly. Stop throwing picks.
So I guess you guys have taken part in quite a few NFL walk-through practices the day before a game huh.

(I didn't put a question mark because I already know the answer).

gutshot

That's a FO outsiders metric. The offensive line gets little/no credit for run plays greater than 10yards (I think?) by FOs metrics, even though on a large percentage of those runs Kelce/Mathis/Johnson would be pulled into man blocking schemes on the edge or chip blocking the NT then going for the LB that opened up huge swathes of open field for Shady to run in. They get barely any credit for those plays. I see it as a flaw in the FOs metric for OL run blocking grades more than anything. FO also heavily penalizes OL for runs that result in losses, but barely penalizes them for runs that go for no gain. I just don't think the metrics they use accurately reflect the way the Eagles ran the ball last year.

Edit: Their metrics for OL:

Losses: 120% value
0-4 Yards: 100% value
5-10 Yards: 50% value
11+ Yards: 0% value

If a run goes for 11 yards, even if the OL were the primary blockers, they get zero credit. Conversely, if Shady dances instead of taking the no gain he could, the OL gets punished.

A valid point and certainly one way to look at the numbers. Looking at it that way probably explains why the Eagles' line seems to be absurdly low as run blockers in 2013 and 2014. They deserve to be higher than the bottom third.

But I still believe that the offensive line and rushing scheme was not quite as good as everyone thought back then and people are too quick to forget how good Shady was.

zychi

Banned
So I guess you guys have taken part in quite a few NFL walk-through practices the day before a game huh.

No, but I did play low level college football. Practice squads are supposed to go balls out against the first string, just don't injure anyone.

If you're getting picked off by the practice squad, you're probably giving your reads away and making bad decisions. It's the practice squads job to give the best looks. That's how they make their paycheck.

He's also the "franchise qb" that he got his contract for. If he's shitting the bed during practice, what makes you think he won't flip out on a starter during a game?

The new FIFA is great but fuck playing against Madrid/Barca all the time
It's a huge problem.

Attacking them for a low ranking role is not much different. Certainly not better.
So what exactly was said? Use a source other than the original.

I'm not sure what that has to do with anything
How do you know exactly what a scout team defense is supposed to be doing on that given day on that particular play?

Tannehill has been in this league for over 3 years and has never had a single instance of bothering a teammate or saying anything negative about anyone, even when things were going terribly. Now all of a sudden we're going to pretend like he's going to snap on a teammate in the middle of a game because of a minor exchange of words during a walkthrough practice against the scout team defense.

Screw you guys.

The scout team trophy comment.
What exactly was said? Use a source other than the original.

Crisco

Banned
Took 4 years but Tanny is finally getting the Cam treatment. He better not dare to put a towel over his after a 3 and out!

Great take on the issue,

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2576797-the-real-truth-behind-ryan-tannehills-feud-with-dolphins-practice-squad?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=share&utm_campaign=web-des-art-vid-145

It's a non story, anyone with a brain can move along, the rest can go eat a bag of dicks with gata.

Well on 5-7 steps it becomes that shit because our line can't block for 5-7 steps. And wouldn't that be the OC fault for calling for a 5-7 step drop back when he damn well knows our line can't last that long?

Or when we run behind Okung on running plays when he can't run block? Should that be the OC fault as well? I say yes because when we run the other side we gain yards, when he run his side we lose/no gain yet we continue to run... his side. Is the bubble screen that get us nowhere the OC fault? Maybe.... but is calling it 10 times and getting 10 terrible results his fault? I say yes.

Is Russell not throwing the ball to Jimmy his fault? Maybe yes maybe no I'm not sure, but is not dialing up a play to where Jimmy even runs a route the OC fault? Yes that is his fault. He has Jimmy as a weapon so at least put his ass out there. If he's not open then yea that's Jimmy fault for not getting open, but it's your fault if you don't even give him the chance to get open.

So is it the OC fault that the line can't block? Nope... but is it his fault that he calls play where it is designed that the line is blocking for X amount of seconds when he knows they can't last that long? 100% in my book. He is suppose to be working with what he has. He should know the talent he has and working around it.

Think of the NBA for a second. Should the coach be telling centers to shoot 3's and avoid the paint? Of course not because that's not what most of them do. As the OC you should play to what you have, and same goes with defense and ST.

There's a reason we play the D that we do and no other team does. Because no other teams has Earl Thomas and Kam back there to allow their CB to play the way our CB does. That's why no one copies us, because the other DC in the league are playing to what they have. You don't see a team with great LB only play out of quarter/dime and nickel. Why? because they have great LB so they play out of 34 or 43. You have to understand your personnel, and our OC doesn't understand shit. And lets not even get started on the play callings when every females in my family (I love them but let be honest they don't know shit about football) can even call out the play before it happens because our OC is that predictable.

That 'predictable OC' carried you to 2 Super Bowls winning 1.

Also I no I don't think it's the OCs fault for dialing up big drops. The sheer number of Russells throwing attempts outside the pocket proven he's not comfortable throwing from the pocket. I've always felt Russell had a hard time seeing the field over his linemen. The big drops give him the vision he needs, and that philosophy has seemingly gone unchanged since his rookie season.

As for Okung, see how far an offense that only runs to one side gets you.

And Jimmy? Seahawks are a running offense. Why Schneider went and got a tight end who can't block is beyond me.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
What exactly was said? Use a source other than the original.

Nfl.com says tannehill denied making a comment about a paycheck but essentially confirmed the rest of the story. Making a crack about someone's status as a practice squad guy was what i was referring to.

Farooq

Banned

Also I no I don't think it's the OCs fault for dialing up big drops. The sheer number of Russells throwing attempts outside the pocket proven he's not comfortable throwing from the pocket. I've always felt Russell had a hard time seeing the field over his linemen. The big drops give him the vision he needs, and that philosophy has seemingly gone unchanged since his rookie season.

And Jimmy? Seahawks are a running offense. Why Schneider went and got a tight end who can't block is beyond me.

It is pretty well known that Wilson misses things in the pocket. The coaches admit it, and they live with it because that is who WIlson is right now.

cdyhybrid

I assume they see themselves shifting to a passing offense (more a passing offense compared to where they were before, anyway) as Lynch starts to decline. They'll still build the offense around running, because that's what Pete does, but Russell is going to have to shoulder more of the load and become the engine of the offense.

That said, they haven't really been asking him to block much:

EzXpelA.png

Also, the biggest reason the team has struggled so far:

VaHBJLa.png

Disappointing, especially with Pete devoting an entire day of practice each week to turnovers.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
So you still don't know exactly what was said. Got it.

It was probably glowing words of encouragement. What do you think "essentially confirming the rest of the story" means? Who cares about the exact wording of mocking someone for being a practice player and making a joke about a trophy?

Got us to SB XL. Where we lost to you guys maybe you weren't around then?

LOL AT OUR OC GETTING US TO TWO SB.

OUR DEFENSE GOT US TO TWO SB. Our offense was basically "don't turn the ball over" and occasionally make some big plays.

You see Dan Quinn turn the shit Falcons into a 4-0 team? Do you remember Mike Smith as their HC? We are *were* a running into play action offense, and are not running the ball right now so there is no play action.

bionic77

It is pretty well known that Wilson misses things in the pocket. The coaches admit it, and they live with it because that is who WIlson is right now.
A bitch ass fraud?

Why would the coaches and the GM and ownership want to accommodate that bitch?

Top Bottom