• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 5 |OT| - A Fraud’s Hankering for Some Bites

cdyhybrid

Having your offense practice turnovers for an entire day seems ill advised.

You say that like we don't do ill-advised things regularly!

Also, found this:

2V2Xg97.png

So he's on the field more compared to NO, but getting the ball slightly less per route run.

It was probably glowing words of encouragement. What do you think "essentially confirming the rest of the story" means? Who cares about the exact wording of mocking someone for being a practice player and making a joke about a trophy?
Context is important when using random "semi-true" reports to judge someone's character. I have a hard time crucifying Tannehill for something like this when we know very little about the situation and the only media report is questionable in accuracy at best.

I assume they see themselves shifting to a passing offense (more a passing offense compared to where they were before, anyway) as Lynch starts to decline. They'll still build the offense around running, because that's what Pete does, but Russell is going to have to shoulder more of the load and become the engine of the offense.

That said, they haven't really been asking him to block much:

EzXpelA.png

Also, the biggest reason the team has struggled so far:

VaHBJLa.png

Disappointing, especially with Pete devoting an entire day of practice each week to turnovers.

Well teams are no longer making stupid passes against our secondary and really our only TO are going to be if Cliff and Black Santa can get back there. They are the the best at getting to the QB... but not so good at securing the tackle. I swear Cliff and Michael B. miss more sacks than anyone I have ever seen. They someone always get back there and somehow always miss.

eznark

Banned
Context is important when using random "semi-true" reports to judge someone's character. I have a hard time crucifying Tannehill for something like this when we know very little about the situation and the only media report is questionable in accuracy at best.

not like this.....

I assume they see themselves shifting to a passing offense (more a passing offense compared to where they were before, anyway) as Lynch starts to decline. They'll still build the offense around running, because that's what Pete does, but Russell is going to have to shoulder more of the load and become the engine of the offense.

That said, they haven't really been asking him to block much:

EzXpelA.png

Also, the biggest reason the team has struggled so far:

VaHBJLa.png

Disappointing, especially with Pete devoting an entire day of practice each week to turnovers.

See that makes sense to me, though I still feel they overpaid. Seahawks twice weakened their team by getting rid of one of the leagues' better centers AND plugging in a glorified WR who hates contact on a tough run first offense. It could work, but I feel Russ' success is predicated on defenses having to respect that running game. Bevell is the last person i would blame.

cdyhybrid

Well teams are no longer making stupid passes against our secondary and really our only TO are going to be if Cliff and Black Santa can get back there. They are the the best at getting to the QB... but not so good at securing the tackle. I swear Cliff and Michael B. miss more sacks than anyone I have ever seen. They someone always get back there and somehow always miss.

Eh, you don't always have to get the sack though. Sacks are nice, don't get me wrong, but a lot of times all you need is to generate pressure and force an incompletion.

See that makes sense to me, though I still feel they overpaid. Seahawks twice weakened their team by getting rid of one of the leagues' better centers AND plugging in a glorified WR who hates contact on a tough run first offense. It could work, but I feel Russ' success is predicated on defenses having to respect that running game. Bevell is the last person i would blame.

I agree that they probably overpaid. I think most of the Seahawks posters here were lukewarm at best on the trade since everyone loved Unger, but we gave them the benefit of the doubt that they could keep making (relative) treasure out of trash with the line. Hasn't worked out so far. Our previous O-lines were pretty shit at pass-blocking too, but they were great at run-blocking, which allowed the running game to get going and take some pressure off Russell. This line can't block anything.

The OL is young and inexperienced in spots, so we can still hold out hope that they gel over the course of the season, but it's going to be a struggle to be consistent on offense until then.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.

If the practice squad was all sleeping with Mrs. Tannehill then it's excusable. I should have allowed for that possibilty.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I don't like crucifying someone's character without a good reason to do so. I know that's an unpopular position around here in kneejerk land but oh well.

He's being called out for a dumb comment during a tantrum. Hardly crucifying someone's character.

I like him, and agree it seems way out of character. Doesn't mean he should get a pass.

Pepiope

Reuben Frank ‏@RoobCSN 3h3 hours ago
Lane Johnson: "The offensive line, we're the ones sinking the ship right now."

Nice when players have accountability.

cdyhybrid

DAVIS HSU ‏@DavisHsuSeattle 2m
Carroll says Tyler Lockett was a great Point Guard and can play baseball-

BASEKETBALL

Edit: Marcus Burley having surgery on his broken thumb tomorrow. No timetable for his return. Ugh.

Likely means Shead is stepping into the nickel role. I like Shead, at least.

Leave Darkest alone guys. Tannehill's virtue is all he has left.
If he ever gets an o-line in front of him I think he'll be alright. Guards are rated last and second to last by PFF and they were down to a third string LT last game. Throw in the league's worst running game and surprise, your QB is struggling.

He's never going to be Aaron Rodgers but I think he's a guy you can build around. You won't convince me Seattle or Harbaugh era SF couldn't have succeeded with a guy like Tannehill, for instance. Of course, the idea of Ross and the Dolphins FO ever building that kind of team is a pipe dream, but that's just life as a Dolphins fan.

WedgeX

Banned
True to my off season prediction

wedgex of neogaf fame said:
While the outside of the defensive line remains largely unchanged, including an now oft-injured Jones, the interior is gutted. Well, Fluellen is certain to return to the Lions as he has every year, signing what has to be a league leading eight contracts in seven seasons with the Lions.

Andre Fluellen has signed an amazing ninth contract with the Lions following a season injury to DT Tyrunn Walker and an injury to DT Ngata that might keep him from Sunday's game. I am unsure of the record for most contracts signed by one player with one team over the duration of a career, but Fluellen's has to be close to the top. And probably the most masochistic.

Eh, you don't always have to get the sack though. Sacks are nice, don't get me wrong, but a lot of times all you need is to generate pressure and force an incompletion.

I agree that they probably overpaid. I think most of the Seahawks posters here were lukewarm at best on the trade since everyone loved Unger, but we gave them the benefit of the doubt that they could keep making (relative) treasure out of trash with the line. Hasn't worked out so far. Our previous O-lines were pretty shit at pass-blocking too, but they were great at run-blocking, which allowed the running game to get going and take some pressure off Russell. This line can't block anything.

The OL is young and inexperienced in spots, so we can still hold out hope that they gel over the course of the season, but it's going to be a struggle to be consistent on offense until then.

Yea but in the last two seasons it was actually better not getting the sack because QB would rush their pass and we would get picks. And obviously turnovers are better than sacks.

This year I don't know... we haven't generated a single INT yet. And only a few fumbles. I mean we lost the turnover battle last night and still won because it was the Lions. But against most other teams we would have gotten punish much harder by the Lockett and Russell fumbles.

If he ever gets an o-line in front of him I think he'll be alright. Guards are rated last and second to last by PFF and they were down to a third string LT last game. Throw in the league's worst running game and surprise, your QB is struggling.

He's never going to be Aaron Rodgers but I think he's a guy you can build around. You won't convince me Seattle or Harbaugh era SF couldn't have succeeded with a guy like Tannehill, for instance. Of course, the idea of Ross and the Dolphins FO ever building that kind of team is a pipe dream, but that's just life as a Dolphins fan.

I think you need to consider burnout. Next year Tannehill will be under another new system with a new coach and presumably a similar or worse oline. How many seasons do you think a QB can take with so much unrest? I can't remember the last QB who had a successful career despite high turnover in decision making positions early in his career.

You spent a lot of time shitting on Philbin but you must consider the people who hired him and gave him power (and KEPT him in power after bullygate). Do you feel Tannenbaum can field a winner? Because if not we're going to hear a lot more bitching from the Fins fans who dont squicken outright.

To me the most damning thing about this Tannehill curse out thing is that Philbin did nothing when the defense started teeing off on their quarterback. Guy was clearly not a leader of men yet was allowed to stay on for years. Some front office you've got there.

I think you need to consider burnout. Next year Tannehill will be under another new system with a new coach and presumably a similar or worse oline. How many seasons do you think a QB can take with so much unrest? I can't remember the last QB who had a successful career despite high turnover in decision making positions early in his career.

You spent a lot of time shitting on Philbin but you must consider the people who hired him and gave him power (and KEPT him in power after bullygate). Do you feel Tannenbaum can field a winner? Because if not we're going to hear a lot more bitching from the Fins fans who dont squicken outright.

To me the most damning thing about this Tannehill curse out thing is that Philbin did nothing when the defense started teeing off on their quarterback. Guy was clearly not a leader of men yet was allowed to stay on for years. Some front office you've got there.
That's a whole lot of words to tell a Dolphins fan his team is dysfunctional. YOU DON'T SAY.

Here you go Deacon. I don't think the Dolphins will ever win a SB with Ryan Tannehill and they probably won't win one in my lifetime period. You fuckin happy?

That's a whole lot of words to tell a Dolphins fan his team is dysfunctional. YOU DON'T SAY.

Here you go Deacon. I don't think the Dolphins will ever win a SB with Ryan Tannehill and they probably won't win one in my lifetime period. You fuckin happy?

Fins up friend, we know Tannehill isn't the issue. Now if the new coaching staff can do something with him or not has yet to be seen. But as long as Ross is the owner we have no reason to believe he will field a successful team, so for now just enjoy the best thing this team has:

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm going to pretend that everyone has seen Animal House and got the joke.

Hope your kid gets better ez, I had pneumonia at like 25 and I couldn't breathe for like two weeks and I was coughing up a little bit of blood because the coughing wouldn't stop. The way your chest rattles when you breathe is pretty unnerving. Couple that with a 105 degree fever and damn near hallucinating it was probably the closest I've ever felt to dying. I don't recommend getting it.

Pepiope

I'm going to pretend that everyone has seen Animal House and got the joke.

Hope your kid gets better ez, I had pneumonia at like 25 and I couldn't breathe for like two weeks and I was coughing up a little bit of blood because the coughing wouldn't stop. The way your chest rattles when you breathe is pretty unnerving. Couple that with a 105 degree fever and damn near hallucinating it was probably the closest I've ever felt to dying. I don't recommend getting it.
Did not watch it, but watched the YouTube video, now got the joke.

squicken

He figured that playing in baseball-crazed St. Louis, in front of the most dedicated and supportive fans in the game, would improve his play, especially after a season when he was suspended for 50 games for using performance-enhancing drugs. He turned out to be right. The fans supported him, his statistics improved, and he’s not the only one. The numbers show that players tend to perform better in St. Louis than they do with their previous or future teams.
http://www.wsj.com/articles/its-in-the-cards-why-ballplayers-want-to-be-cardinals-1444239032

If only Eagles' fans would be nicer, the players would play better!

Top Bottom