• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 5 |OT| - A Fraud’s Hankering for Some Bites

Wait, will Cowher go back for real though?

This is more of a wish by my friend but Cowher namely bowed out to raise his kids and that's done. Supposedly he's expressed interest in coaching again but I didn't come across that myself, heard it from my friend.

this_guy

Have you guys seen the sandwich thread today?

img_5844_156999231.jpg

The nation gets to watch Ryan Mallet tomorrow
:/

squicken

I honestly believe he's getting it together. He looked much better on Sunday.

No doubt it was his best game. Also took 5 sacks and got hit a lot more. Chip has to weigh whether he wants to dink and dunk or have the QB get hit. Lane Johnson is trying to tough it out, but he was immobile on that final drive

Narag

The nation gets to watch Ryan Mallet tomorrow
:/

Around the NFL podcast brought up the theory that switching back to Hoyer on a short week would lead to another implosion and that letting Mallett stink it up on Thursday will make transitioning back to Hoyer easy after he gets ten days of prep time.

Narag

Who is that?

And possibly ten by himself? Ehh, plausible.

You should listen to the Around the NFL podcast and find out. It's like an audio version of this thread except there's three squickens, one of which is a broken Browns fan, and the only true fan of the bunch supports the Jets!!!

BigAT

Around the NFL podcast brought up the theory that switching back to Hoyer on a short week would lead to another implosion and that letting Mallett stink it up on Thursday will make transitioning back to Hoyer easy after he gets ten days of prep time.

Or maybe the Texans stink and BOB doesn't know what he's doing.

Line_HTX

You should listen to the Around the NFL podcast and find out. It's like an audio version of this thread except there's three squickens, one of which is a broken Browns fan, and the only true fan of the bunch supports the Jets!!!

Three of them, huh?

How broken does that Browns guy sound?

RBH

UTI1810705_r900x493.JPG

While the league makes plans toward a January vote by owners on which team(s) will get to move to L.A., there is a nascent movement to make sure such a vote isn’t necessary.

There is concern that the relocation decision actually coming to a vote would be bad for the NFL, as owners are pitted against owners, and that it would be especially detrimental for the team(s) that lost a vote and had to return to their home markets.

It has become a talking point among some owners that perhaps a deal can be brokered between Chargers chairman Dean Spanos and St. Louis Rams owner Stan Kroenke.

“If we have to end up sorting it out and voting … that may be how it gets resolved,” said Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay. “But hopefully there will be a lot of discussion behind the scenes where it works out that all parties are happy.”

“Ultimately, that’s probably how this is going to get done … We do want to try to have a fairness and deals go through that make sense and have people compromise and have it be a workable situation. I think we’ll find a solution and move forward.”

There is no consensus on what that will mean, as both Spanos and Kroenke continue to pour time and money into their L.A. projects.

Both Spanos and Kroenke are pushing for a resolution by January, according to sources familiar with their thinking.

It appears they will at least get that wish granted.

Kansas City Chiefs owner Clark Hunt, a member of the Committee on L.A. Opportunities, pointed to the fact there “has been a lot of activity” as an indication a move will be made sooner than later.

Said Steelers president Art Rooney II, also on the L.A. committee: “I think we have a chance of getting something voted on by January.”

It is the L.A. Committee that is heading the move toward the L.A. market as well as assessing the situation in the home markets. The group is expected to make a recommendation to the entire membership by January.

Irsay, not on the L.A. committee but highly involved in league machinations, was almost as gung-ho as Jones.

“There is a high likelihood,” Irsay said when asked whether there would be at least one team in Los Angeles in 2016. “There is a greater percentage chance that there will be NFL in L.A. next year.”

Those statements are more certain than any made by the people at the center of the L.A. decision.

There has been some thought that the NFL will put off relocation as it assesses the stadium possibilities in St. Louis and San Diego and also does all it can to ensure it puts whichever team(s) move in the best position to succeed in a market it vacated 20 years ago.

The possibility of a delay remains.

“It’s not a guarantee,” Irsay said of relocation in 2016. “(Postponing a decision by a year) is possible. But in the end you have to come to sometimes difficult decisions … We’re excited about the possibility of this going forward soon.”

There remain multiple possibilities that could arise from negotiations yet to come, including ones that involve the Chargers getting additional help from the league to build a stadium in San Diego.

The Raiders are essentially a tag-along. Many in the league are of the opinion there will never be a viable stadium solution in Oakland. On Tuesday, Raiders owner Mark Davis said, “I’m a happy camper … Everything is going to work out.”

How it all does work out in a way that makes everyone happy is consuming much of the NFL’s time.
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...ers-raider-rams-stadium-los-angeles-meetings/

This is more of a wish by my friend but Cowher namely bowed out to raise his kids and that's done. Supposedly he's expressed interest in coaching again but I didn't come across that myself, heard it from my friend.

Your friend is full of shit. Cowher hasn't expressed interest in coaching again. It's just wishful thinking from fans who are pissed off at Tomlin for the same things they were pissed off at Cowher for when he was coach.

RBH

stlnfl2_hok.jpg

City taxpayers would pay $215 million more than previously reported for a new NFL stadium in downtown St. Louis under a plan submitted to officials by the stadium task force, headed by Dave Peacock and Bob Blitz.

Documents obtained by St. Louis Magazine through a Sunshine Law request show that the city’s obligations to cover debt retirement would jump from about $6 million per year at present to $9,785,000 in 2020, then increase every year to a staggering $15,975,000 in 2051.
http://www.stlmag.com/news/sports/proposed-nfl-stadium/

If Weeden could throw to his left then he'd be the best quarterback of all time:

45 of 59 76.3% 551 yd 9.3 ypa 2 td 1 int 108.8 passer rating

by direction
left :1 of 8 12.5% 67 yd 8.4 ypa 0 td 1 int 22.4
middle: 34 of 36 94.4% 356 yd 9.9 ypa 1 td 0 int 117.1
right: 10 of 14 71.4% 128 yd 9.1 ypa 1 td 0 int 123.5

this_guy

wouldn't happen at freebirds.

I used to love Freebirds in College Station and Austin, but the Houston locations are merely ok. Not sure if it's because I've gotten older or if the quality of ingredients are lower because it's franchised.

Have you had Bullritos?

Top Bottom