• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 5 |OT| - A Fraud’s Hankering for Some Bites

Tom Penny

Cheating scum.

zF7dQZU.gif

Pretty tough angle for the ref. They also discussed it so none of the officials could see it.

KingBroly

Banned
IND @ HOU

BUF @ TEN
CLE @ BAL
CHI @ KC
SEA @ CIN
STL @ GB
JAC @ TB
NO @ PHI
WAS @ ATL

ARI @ DET
NE @ DAL
DEN @ OAK

SF @ NYG

PIT @ SD

Bread

Banned
so did that ref just not know about the rule? that's an extremely embarrassing look for the nfl.

You only say that because it's in super slow motion. In regular speed, all that poor ref sees is the ball change direction in mid-air. Footballs tend to do that, so he didn't think anything about it.
are you serious right now

Talon

You only say that because it's in super slow motion. In regular speed, all that poor ref sees is the ball change direction in mid-air. Footballs tend to do that, so he didn't think anything about it.
Those god damn wizards fucking with footballs!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
That loss was worse than the playoffs loss last year fellas. Yea the refs screwed us last year but the Lions had multiple opportunities to win that game and failed. It was a loss, the end. Whereas this was a win snatched from the jaws of victory.

That loss reminded me of the time I almost fucked a chick who was at the time the hottest chick I had ever managed to get into bed. College years. She was playing with my balls, making out with me. Stroking me. She was literally second away from giving me a BJ when she got a call and said "oh...I have to go." I forgot what her excuse was, something about a family member's car breaking down or some shit. I must have had that boner for an hour after that shit.

Never saw her again.

:jnccccc

I thought about which loss hurt more for a brief second but the Cowboys playoff loss hurt way more.

God damn still can't believe it

cdyhybrid

so did that ref just not know about the rule? that's an extremely embarrassing look for the nfl.

Brain fart or as mentioned above, it's not as obvious in real time (although that's hard to believe with his viewing angle). But yeah, bad look.

Sure, just do all of that instead of just grabbing the ball

I just mean in general not that specific scenario in the game. You could have a scenario where you can't actually get possession in time or possession might be contested, so you need to get it out by 'failing' to grab it.

gutshot

I'm fairly certain most refs don't know all the rules in the rule book. There are a lot of really arbitrary and arcane rules in there that rarely come up in a game situation, such as this one.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy

are you serious right now

The best part is ESPN asking everyone they have on staff if they've ever heard of the rule, and no one has.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So was the Lions Coach screaming at the Refs after that?

They can't review something and then call a penalty based on review right? All they could look at is if Johnson broke the plane before the fumble?

That loss was worse than the playoffs loss last year fellas. Yea the refs screwed us last year but the Lions had multiple opportunities to win that game and failed. It was a loss, the end. Whereas this was a win snatched from the jaws of victory.

That loss reminded me of the time I almost fucked a chick who was at the time the hottest chick I had ever managed to get into bed. College years. She was playing with my balls, making out with me. Stroking me. She was literally second away from giving me a BJ when she got a call and said "oh...I have to go." I forgot what her excuse was, something about a family member's car breaking down or some shit. I must have had that boner for an hour after that shit.

Never saw her again.
I'm dying' lmao

Draconian

Footballs tend to fly sideways 10 yards after bouncing off the turf. You're a regular Isaac Newton.

Bread

Banned
Brain fart or as mentioned above, it's not as obvious in real time (although that's hard to believe with his viewing angle). But yeah, bad look.
the latter is just silly though, i saw it happen in real time and thought nothing of it (didn't know the rule) and i was watching on the damn tv

cdyhybrid

Pretty sure that nobody's job in this thread is to be a referee for the NFL.

Pretty sure everyone in this thread also realizes that calls get blown multiple times in every single game. This ain't nothing new.

But if it benefits Seattle it's all of a sudden a big deal!

squicken

What? It was obvious. No one knows the rule. This whole judgement call stuff is just bs

gutshot

I know you aren't allowed to advance the ball with a kick or a punch in a fumble situation. Wasn't sure if that rule applied in this scenario or not. Apparently it does.

Doorman

COLLUSION!!

It really doesn't take league-wide collusion to ensure that the Lions suck, we take care of that pretty well on our own.

I can't blame Calvin for trying to stretch it out for the touchdown there, but keeping the ball secure is supposed to be paramount in a situation like that, so looking back at the game that's definitely going to be considered an error on his part. We would have had first and goal from the 1 yard line
and ultimately kicked a field goal and lost in overtime
. It was a miscue by Calvin and a great play by Kam all wrapped up in one, illegally-batted ball or not. I thought nothing of that part when it happened but I was surprised a longer review wasn't done to see if CJ still had the ball in his hand when it crossed the plane.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Pretty sure everyone in this thread also realizes that calls get blown multiple times in every single game. This ain't nothing new.

But if it benefits Seattle it's all of a sudden a big deal!

Oh come on you're being purposefully obtuse here because you know we're all referencing the fail mary and not regular missed calls.

Top Bottom