• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 5 |OT| - A Fraud’s Hankering for Some Bites

effzee

How in the world is that play not reviewable? Aren't all turnovers reviewed? And didn't they have to review to make sure he didn't cross the line to see if it's a TD or fumble?

What a fuck up. Don't care for the Lions but that sucks.

cdyhybrid

It's amazing the Patriots won the Superbowl when the seahawks had the refs on their side

It's amazing anyone beats us, honestly. Seattle winning games is literally the most important thing for the NFL.

Oh come on you're being purposefully obtuse here because you know we're all referencing the fail mary and not regular missed calls.

I have no sympathy for that shit either. The owners tried to play hardball with the real refs, they made that bed and had to lay in it.

If you think the league is trying to help Seattle get over I can only assume you also think vaccines cause autism and jet fuel can't melt steel beams.

Ref didn't intentionally make the wrong call, but obviously just didn't know the call and got wrapped up in the moment of an amazing play. Nobody else made the right call either, no announcers, almost nobody. Like some guy on Twitter saying "SEE I TOLD YOU!" but not even Gruden, and that guys knows everything.

How in the world is that play not reviewable? Aren't all turnovers reviewed? And didn't they have to review to make sure he didn't cross the line to see if it's a TD or fumble?

I think the play was confirmed by a person in the booth and they didn't even bother with it being batted out. Penalties can't be introduced by review***, though, and that would have been a penalty.

*** Except 12 men on the field for some reason.

It was pretty funny to see them legit shocked that this rule existed: "I don't remember that rule existing when I played, is it new?" "but punters do it all the time" "We always bat it out, that's what everybody does, that can't be the rule"

KingBroly

Banned
That's becoming reviewable in the offseason. Guaranteed.

The ref in question should lose his job. Pure incompetency. Clear as day. You can't blow a call worse than that.

Draconian

No reason. The NFL is a joke when it comes to this stuff. We can review 12 men on the field by all means, but when it comes to this LOLNOPE

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
The best part is Gerry Austin is literally the only person on Earth that caught this initially, and also was able to quote it's exact placement in the rulebook.

I'm actually shocked that someone on the Lion's bench didn't know the rule and wasn't screaming his head off at the officials.

Kiryu

I'm laughing at this... We're the cheaters because refs blew it?

That wasn't our fault and it probably won't have impacted the game since it's still touchback (Ball was still fumbled on goal-line) and Seattle ball?

cdyhybrid

oh please

this is just ridiculous cdy

Not nearly as ridiculous as the notion that the league is trying to help the Seahawks out. Them trying to help anyone out is ludicrous, but Seattle of all teams? Not Dallas, not Pittsburgh, not New England, not Washington, not the Giants.

Seattle.

Gutter trash for like 38/40 years of existence Seattle.

DominoKid

It was pretty funny to see them legit shocked that this rule existed: "I don't remember that rule existing when I played, is it new?" "but punters do it all the time" "We always bat it out, that's what everybody does, that can't be the rule"

i didnt know it was a rule either.

Bowser

lol Carroll was like "yeah it's unfortunate the refs didn't know for their sake, but yeah, KJ did it on purpose."

On one hand "you shouldn't have fumbled" isn't a bad response but ultimately the rule is the rule. If we apply "you shouldn't have fucked up" across the board in the NFL how many plays could stand due to refs fucking up. Oh, interception due to passer interference? You shouldn't have fucked up.

Regardless I'm not even mad at this point.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I bullshit you guys not, on anything I love or hold dear, I had the Stafford Dealwithit.gif copy and pasted 5 times, jumped up when I saw the play happen knowing we had a touchdown, was about to press post....and then heartbreak.

Damnit

Talamius

That wasn't our fault and it probably won't have impacted the game since it's still touchback (Ball was still fumbled on goal-line) and Seattle ball?

Nah, you got the benefit of ref fuckery. Not the same thing. Sucks for the Lions though.

Defensive penalty would have given the ball back to DET, 1st and goal.

cdyhybrid

I bullshit you guys not, on anything I love or hold dear, I had the Stafford Dealwithit.gif copy and pasted 5 times, jumped up when I saw the play happen knowing we had a touchdown, was about to press post....and then heartbreak.

Damnit

You jinxed it.

What did we learn?

Bread

Banned
Not nearly as ridiculous as the notion that the league is trying to help the Seahawks out. Them trying to help anyone out is ludicrous, but Seattle of all teams? Not Dallas, not Pittsburgh, not New England, not Washington, not the Giants.

Seattle.

Gutter trash for like 38/40 years of existence Seattle.
nah it's about as ridiculous as that notion, honestly. like there wouldn't be outrage about such a close game ending like this on MNF if the seahawks weren't involved?

Damnit

You shouldn't have jumped up.

It's okay let them hate.

That's becoming reviewable in the offseason. Guaranteed.

The ref in question should lose his job. Pure incompetency. Clear as day. You can't blow a call worse than that.

Hindsight being 20/20 and all, I doubt it's that bad. Nobody got that shit right until the game was already over.

eznark

Banned
Johnson when asked about batted ball: "At the end of the day I have to hang onto the ball. Can't leave it in officials hands."
Johnson when asked about batted ball: "At the end of the day I have to hang onto the ball. Can't leave it in officials hands."

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Kas is just another Lions fan now.

A broken husk of a man who has never known true joy in sports.

LionsGAF support your brother through these times

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm now super worried about the Seachickens. They had to pull out everything to stop a Detroit team that had one first down in the first 50 minutes of the game at home. Chancellor should have held out longer, would have gotten PAID.

cdyhybrid

nah it's about as ridiculous as that notion, honestly. like there wouldn't be outrage about such a close game ending like this on MNF if the seahawks weren't involved?

Of course not. If it were the Browns beating the Lions like this everyone has a hearty laugh and moves on.

You think if the Pats won like this (cheating history notwithstanding) the reaction would be the same?

Top Bottom