• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 5 |OT| - A Fraud’s Hankering for Some Bites

CQ2l9v8WcAABSwi.jpg:large

The Destroyer indeed. 24/31 for 312 fucking yards, 2 TD's, 1 INT coming off the bench...

One of our columnists said that the ending was "Hoyerrible."

Yep... It's clear that Hoyer is the better QB here and the Texans must go with him. I don't care the circumstances that Mallett was benched for, Mallett is straight terrible. he can't move the offense, makes more mistakes than Hoyer, and in general just sucks. Hoyer is down for one bad mistake in every game, but he moves the offense and puts them in a position to at least make those bad mistakes. It would have been 27 - 7 in the 4th quarter if Mallett were playing and he'd be in no position to throw that "big INT" because they just would have lost and it would be garbage time. Hoyer at least puts them in a position to be driving down the field to tie it up in the 4th quarter, and if he makes a boner of a play in that situation, fuck it, at least he brought them that far.

No.

more proof that a lot of GMs and Coaches would rather hire their retread friends then promote new coaches. It's just a good old boys club. Anyone who paid attention to the Bucs for even 5 minutes under Schiano should know he doesn't deserve to be on an NFL sideline in any coaching capacity.

Who brings the Juice for BoB next week, Savage or Mallet?

#tradeforhasselbeck. #giveortonacall. #isVinnyTstillalive?

I hate retread coaches more then anything.

oh cool i got the new xbox dash

Did you fill out a bunch of surveys? I am dying to try out the new dash.

Fox318

It must be strange for you to look at an organization that doesn't change coaches and quarterbacks the way most people change their underwear.

One of my good friends is a Jets fan and I honestly thought him indoctrinating it on his children was almost as bad as what AP did to his kids.

You are not wrong there.

At least APs kids got to pick the switch

Chip is gone if you don't win that pathetic division

I really hope you are wrong. I dont think Lurie would ever fire him, he gave Reid 14 years, he seems like he really doesnt like to fire coaches. Plus you cant blame the coach for the kicker getting hurt in the preaseason. Eagles are 2 very makeable kicks from being 3-1 even with all their problems. I think no matter what happens this year Chip will get one more year. Throw everything they can at the OL in the offseason and then they will be in great shape. D has been really solid and the O has looked good the few times they have been able to block anybody.

MechDX

Eagles GAF on Twitter. You should follow Dave Zangaro on Twitter @DZangaro . Covered the Texans while with CSN Houston and had a great insight into the team. CSN Houston was disbaned and he just got on with CSN Philly to Cover the eagles

gutshot

Watching the game film from Sunday and Washington's safety Trinton Robinson was in the hole or backfield on almost every run play. The Eagles were running against a 7-man box a lot. It seemed Washington's defensive gameplan was to take away the run game and dare Bradford to beat them over the top. He was able to do that, but it wasn't until the second half and, of course, the lack of a run game made the Eagles offense too inconsistent.

The most aggravating part was watching the last couple failed drives by Philly. Running it straight into a loaded box for short gains and then getting stuck in 3rd and longs which they failed to convert. I'm not sure if the coaches aren't dialing up packaged plays in those spots or if Bradford just isn't pulling it when he should be, but either way, it needs to stop. Running it when you only have 6 blockers to account for 7 defenders only works when you have 2013 Shady McCoy back there.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
God damn shame Gary Kubiak was so loyal to Schoob

In retrospect, that didn't seem so bad compared to all this.

Basically have Blaine Gabbert at quarterback, the other quarterback is a fucking pussy quitter and has somehow made Arkansas an even bigger joke as a result, and the team has clearly quit. Still furious he took himself out of the game. Quarterbacks literally don't do that because you lose so much respect for your leadership especially when the linemen are barely making it through the game doped up on all kinds of pain medication. Sends an awful message.

The defense was supposed to be a bright spot and they allowed Matt Hasselbeck to look like a kid out there despite using a walker for most of the game. Oh and Andre Johnson got to take a hot dump all over Houston in the process.

I dunno, it's just a huge shitty situation.

Reid is in a totally different league from Chip Kelly.

Yeah I think Chip is a much better coach. Reid took over a team with a ton of talent that Ray just didnt know how to coach, and Reid got super lucky to be in a position to get a qb right away. Chip with stuck with a broken down Vick and a fucking terrible Foles. He finally made a move to get a guy but if you are not terrible it is really hard to get a good QB.

Yeah I think Chip is a much better coach. Reid took over a team with a ton of talent that Ray just didnt know how to coach, and Reid got super lucky to be in a position to get a qb right away. Chip with stuck with a broken down Vick and a fucking terrible Foles. He finally made a move to get a guy but if you are not terrible it is really hard to get a good QB.

Lol no

Good news mate, looks like you'll have one next year.

Reid has his problems but friend...pls.

Lot of talk around Panthers country about the team not getting a lot of R-E-S-P-E-C-T in the national press.

I can't be bothered to care about it anymore. If they deserve more buzz nationally, they'll earn it. They play 5 teams that finished 10-6 or better last year over their next 7. Four of those games are "spotlight games" (MNF,SNF,AGoTW,Thanksgiving).

I'm not gonna crown them for winning 4 games we expected them to win so I'm not gonna be mad when the talking heads don't.

They went 2-0 last year and some Power Rankings had them as high as 3rd in the league going into Week 3. They then went on to lose (or tie) 9 of their next 10.

Panthers Nation, chill out, and let the season play out.

bionic77

Lot of talk around Panthers country about the team not getting a lot of R-E-S-P-E-C-T in the national press.

I can't be bothered to care about it anymore. If they deserve more buzz nationally, they'll earn it. They play 5 teams that finished 10-6 or better last year over their next 7. Four of those games are "spotlight games" (MNF,SNF,AGoTW,Thanksgiving).

I'm not gonna crown them for winning 4 games we expected them to win so I'm not gonna be mad when the talking heads don't.

They went 2-0 last year and some Power Rankings had them as high as 3rd in the league going into Week 3. They then went on to lose (or tie) 9 of their next 10.

Panthers Nation, chill out, and let the season play out.
You should be happy they didn't crown your ass yet.

The teams that are crowned in September very rarely win it all in todays NFL.

Hunter S.

God damn shame Gary Kubiak was so loyal to Schoob

Every time I see him talk I feel like he must be the most friendly coach in the history of coaches. Even more friendly than John Fox, and John Fox is a friendly type of coach. It is good Elway has personnel final word to keep this good guy in check.

Day starting with a large pepperoni and bacon pizza.
I like your style!

eznark

Banned

lolwat

Top Bottom