• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 6 |OT| - I'm tired of waiting.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
CRoPyRjVAAAlORb.jpg

brentech

I don't think I agree with them doing that in the 2nd quarter. Field goal or TD, they're down by 1 score.

Oh well, better for the Packers!

Miracle

I don't think I agree with them doing that in the 2nd quarter. Field goal or TD, they're down by 1 score.

Oh well, better for the Packers!

I disagree, I think it was the right call. With the kind of scoring the Packers put up, you need every chance at a TD you can get.

LOL someone gif that Rivers reaction!

Godslay

Banned
You can have a mediocre qb and win if your defense is elite. The problem is Manning is not even mediocre right now he's terrible. He can't keep being a turnover machine. Against shit teams like the Browns it's not a problem. If Manning choked in OT like that against the Pats it's game over see you next season. Having an elite defense with a shit qb only works if your qb takes care of the ball. It's as simple as that. If he was taking care of the ball and looking like shit throwing I would give the Broncos a chance. Right now they are going to get bounced early if Manning doesn't get his shit together. All he has to do is not fuck up. If he takes care of the ball the Broncos have a chance, but if he continues to be like he has been then it's over for the Broncos.

I said way back before the season started is that all he has to go is be a bit better than a game manager. I think that still stands, and I based it on the idea that the ZBS would boost the run game to take the heat off of Manning. I didn't think the defense would be as good as they have been.

I thought the run game would be better, but that's been lopped off to some degree because we abandoned to let Manning run his offense. So we are in this weird limbo where the offense is built for Kube's system, but runs mostly Manning's offense. I thought it would mesh better, but I underestimated how limited he looks when we switch to Kube's system in that he isn't mobile and the WCO routes are ruining any timing he had built up with his WRs. Not to mention Peyton's career being the setting sun on the horizon.

I'm fine with the wins, how far they can go really depends. Too far out for me to really make any projections. Lots of time between here and there.

squicken

Would think an adjustment to all these pick and rub routes will be using the ends and OLBs to play the flat at the snap and then pass rush

Top Bottom