• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 6 |OT| - I'm tired of waiting.

squicken

Seattle and Philadelphia are the only two teams with positive point differentials but losing records. I want to say Philly has a good defense, but they somehow didn't intercept Kurt Cousins on 46 attempts

Godslay

Banned
Denver has the defense to do it.

We will see how Denvers offense is in 6 weeks.

Maybe. Things that Pats do well are also things that gash our defense. Namely those crossing routes and the shiftiness of Lewis will be tough to handle. TEs still give them trouble.

All that won't matter if passrush can come through.

Problem is their running game is still suspect. Knowshon isn't going to be walking out on that field.

That part of the offense is slowly getting better. Not good enough yet, but improving week over week. OL was opening up some decent holes today, and outside of probably the Raiders and Bengals the upcoming DLs aren't world beaters.

LJ11

Maybe. Things that Pats do well are also things that gash our defense. Namely those crossing routes and the shiftiness of Lewis will be tough to handle. TEs still give them trouble.

All that won't matter if passrush can come through.

That part of the offense is slowly getting better. Not good enough yet, but improving week over week. OL was opening up some decent holes today, and outside of probably the Raiders and Bengals the upcoming DLs aren't world beaters.

Every team that has an athletic advantage wants to man those WRs up, unfortunately they can't, because they'll get switched/picked off all game long. It's not just on crossing routes but you see switch concepts on outside routes too, old run and shoot stuff. Gronk's a nightmare, he'll rip you up the seam, so your safety can't sit and rob some of these crossing routes. It's hard to deal with, boring as fuck to watch, but they're good at it.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Welcome aboard brother!

Now we just need to get you into the "fire Martin Mayhew" and "move on from Stafford" camps and I think Lions-GAF might finally reach full harmony.

LionsGAF will never reach full harmony. I love y'all but we will never reach harmony until Matthew Stafford hoists the Lombardi Trophy.

Or some noodle armed QB from the PAC 12 who we end up drafting.

We're in this together.

Fuck the Packers and fuck the Vikings.

Spinluck

Felt like it came down to coaching in this one. Luck didn't throw a pick (almost did like 4 times) but the ST play took place as a substitute for a Luck INT.

As much as Brady and the Pats scored, can you ask for anything more with the personnel we have on D? Run D has improved and I think we played them well considering the match up.

Luck and the offense went back to calling dumb plays and deviated from running the ball with Gore who was having a night. Then Luck, healthy or not, continues to suffer from the same accuracy issues he's had his entire NFL career. Missing guys on long/short plays and just zipping shit that should have touch or some lead on it. Our receivers running routes that just take too long to develop as the coaches try to save face for that shit 4&3.

Holding calls killing drives, and Pagano giving Brady some amazing field position when it was a one possession game. Just baffling, your D eventually made some stops. Just be glad Luck didn't turn it over and punt it away, team looks like they lost hope after that shit.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Felt like it came down to coaching in this one. Luck didn't throw a pick (almost did like 4 times) but the ST play took place as a substitute for a Luck INT.

As much as Brady and the Pats scored, can you ask for anything more with the personnel we have on D? Run D has improved and I think we played them well considering the match up.

Luck and the offense went back to calling dumb plays and deviated from running the ball with Gore who was having a night. Then Luck, healthy or not, continues to suffer from the same accuracy issues he's had his entire NFL career. Missing guys on long/short plays and just zipping shit that should have touch or some lead on it. Our receivers running routes that just take too long to develop as the coaches try to save face for that shit 4&3.

Holding calls killing drives, and Pagano giving Brady some amazing field position when it was a one possession game. Just baffling, your D eventually made some stops. Just be glad Luck didn't turn it over and punt it away, team looks like they lost hope after that shit.

To be fair to the Colts for a second they actually did what they said they were going to do before the 2014 season and went out and got a running back and a DL that won't be embarrassed by the Pats loading up the line and running it with whomever each time.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Just saw the score, closer than I thought but the outcome was what I expected!

Well ain't that some shit. What about all the other games? Shurgs... ugh. I don't know what it is but these guys ain't playing like brothers out there anymore.

I know it's a silly thing but the Super Bowl loser's curse is a legit thing.

Some get hit harder like San Francisco though.

Godslay

Banned
Every team that has an athletic advantage wants to man those WRs up, unfortunately they can't, because they'll get switched/picked off all game long. It's not just on crossing routes but you see switch concepts on outside routes too, old run and shoot stuff. Gronk's a nightmare, he'll rip you up the seam, so your safety can't sit and rob some of these crossing routes. It's hard to deal with, boring as fuck to watch, but they're good at it.

Yeah, I'm curious to see what Wade cooks up. I just have a feeling that the middle of the field is the battlezone, and that's what they've readily given up at times. So I'm not exactly confident in that matchup. Unless we can get pressure, which is never consistent against Brady.

Just got home. Survived the trip. I did not die, only close call was witnessing the horror of Joe Flacco's second interception, which nearly made me vomit out my insides.

Stadium is still soulless and sterile. I went to a bowl game there, felt that way then. I thought maybe things would change for a Niners game. Nope.

squicken

Just got home. Survived the trip. I did not die, only close call was witnessing the horror of Joe Flacco's second interception, which nearly made me vomit out my insides.

Stadium is still soulless and sterile. I went to a bowl game there, felt that way then. I thought maybe things would change for a Niners game. Nope.

I saw you post something about Tucker, but he slipped on that wretched field as he kicked the ball. It's actually fortunate he wasn't hurt. Big hunk of sod just gave way under his plant foot

Just saw the score, closer than I thought but the outcome was what I expected!

I know it's a silly thing but the Super Bowl loser's curse is a legit thing.

Some get hit harder like San Francisco though.

Yea I think it just so many guys play their heart out and give all they have and end they come up short they have this attitude of "why even try so hard?" You know what I mean it's like when you put everything into it and get essentially nothing out of it kind of leaves you in a dejected state.

I'm sure Kam felt that way since he pulled a T.O along with Earl/Sherm who all played their heart out in the SB and were all injured. Come up short just kind of deflates them. Either way this gonna be a long ass year for us. A lot of close games win or lose. So far we came up on the short end of all of them except for the Lions.

Brady and Luck had same amount of yrds passing. Crazy stuff right thrre.

yea the Pats D largely bent but didn't break. Also, the Pats had a lot of 3 and outs (or close to it) in Q4 as they simply protected the lead. That lead to Luck throwing the ball on most possessions and having the ball more. I didn't see the Q4 numbers, but I'd assume the Colts had the ball at least 2x as long as the Pats, where Luck padded his stats.

I'd like to point out that the Patriots offenso line played excellently with... I think 3rookies on it, only 1 guy from the super bowl team, and zero players from midway through 2014.

Teams like Seattle have no excuse for having as bad of a line as they do

Spinluck

To be fair to the Colts for a second they actually did what they said they were going to do before the 2014 season and went out and got a running back and a DL that won't be embarrassed by the Pats loading up the line and running it with whomever each time.

I'm glad we have Gore... Bradshaw looked a bit rusty but I think he'll fair well in the passing game. Great pass protector too.

Just wish Pagano didn't go full fuckball. O-line was a lot better outside of the holding but that shit will happen. We are still among the worst in the league at adjusting on offense during games.

I'd like to point out that the Patriots offenso line played excellently with... I think 3rookies on it, only 1 guy from the super bowl team, and zero players from midway through 2014.

Our excuse is trading our veteran center for a TE that doesn't fit in our scheme and having a wrestling coach as our OL one.

cdyhybrid

Sure we do. Our excuse is that our talent evaluators and our coaches are trash.

Also, I'm back home now. Hello friends. Football is pain.

Spinluck

Russell struggling and scrambles the moment he feels pressured.

He needs more than just Graham, and also needs to look downfield when on the run.

I wonder if his height has something to do with this.

Pete said the coaches sent in the wrong signal to the defense. Or rather, Sherman got the correct call and Thomas the wrong one. Not sure if he is just falling on his sword for Earl, but Earl seemed upset

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...a-lot-of-things-but-cant?campaign=Twitter_atn

what?

how can one player get the right call and one player get the wrong call? it's my understanding that every defense has a "quarterback", who gets the playcall and divulges that information to the rest of the defense. so either:

a) earl thomas got the correct playcall, but misplayed his assignment whereas dick S correctly identified the play being called and did his responsibility

or

b) whoever tells the defense what play is being called somehow told earl one thing and sherman another (i thought earl was the captain/playcaller on defense?)

either way, it just doesn't make sense. seems to be that earl thomas blew his assignment

cdyhybrid

Russell struggling and scrambles the moment he feels pressured.

He needs more than just Graham, and also needs to look downfield when on the run.

I wonder if his height has something to do with this.

His height is a reason why he struggles to play in the pocket, but there's not much of a pocket to speak of right now. He's seeing ghosts and our passing scheme is too rudimentary to help him get into a rhythm.

Spinluck

11 penalties for 103yds.

Points left on the board for sure.

Coaches blew it, the defense was actually getting stops. Pats looked like they took their foot off the pedal oddly enough. Gonna have to rewatch this.

His height is a reason why he struggles to play in the pocket, but there's not much of a pocket to speak of right now. He's seeing ghosts and our passing scheme is too rudimentary to help him get into a rhythm.

That's why play action was so important to our team the last few years. And this year he's in shotgun with 3/4 wide every time and can't see shit. You ain't Tom Brady! Play action gave him so much room to survey the field in the last 3 years.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
11 penalties for 103yds.

Points left on the board for sure.

Coaches blew it, the defense was actually getting stops. Pats looked like they took their foot off the pedal a bunch. Gonna have to rewatch this.

Almost all of those holds saved a sack or a negative rush though. So while not entirely defensible sometimes having another down and an extra five yards to go is often worth it.

Spinluck

Amazing

@MyColtsAccount
Frank Gore averaged 6 YPC + Colts had a halftime lead. Somehow, they managed to ensure that he didn't reach 100 yards. 46 games & counting.

cdyhybrid

That's why play action was so important to our team the last few years. And this year he's in shotgun with 3/4 wide every time and can't see shit. You ain't Tom Brady! Play action gave him so much room to survey the field in the last 3 years.

Tom Brady isn't good, so I dunno why you made that comparison. Unless you meant that he doesn't have a system to generate all his stats for him regardless of (lack of) talent, in which case I agree.

Amazing

@MyColtsAccount
Frank Gore averaged 6 YPC + Colts had a halftime lead. Somehow, they managed to ensure that he didn't reach 100 yards. 46 games & counting.

That's so Bevell.

Tom Brady isn't good, so I dunno why you made that comparison. Unless you meant that he doesn't have a system to generate all his stats for him regardless of (lack of) talent, in which case I agree.

That's so Bevell.

Lol lets just say Tom Brady has "success" out of shotgun 3/4 wide. I feel like we have a lot more success out of i-formation /single back with running, and then using play action.

don't worry seahawks-age, wussle will have all the time he wants to throw with our pathetic pass rush. we had 0 sacks against flacco and i feel like we knocked him down maybe 1 or 2 times. the only game we got any kind of pressure was the packers game where we sacked erron a couple times in garbage time. other than that, it has been brutal. our secondary is already fucking terrible so you mix that with no pass rush and i'm not even sure how we have won 2 games

jbug617

Banned
What is going on with the turf in SF. His foot just disappeared in the turf.
CRooqUtWsAA2YiY.jpg

CRpGasHWoAAQgr8.png

ampere

Weird feeling having such a good win today but the season is already over so it's meaningless :(

Your dumb owner firing that terrible coach was a decent step forward at least

What is going on with the turf in SF. His foot just disappeared in the turf.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CRooqUtWsAA2YiY.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CRpGasHWoAAQgr8.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

They use grass in SF

edit: nm you meant grass. Yeah idk they've had issues at Levi's before

don't worry seahawks-age, wussle will have all the time he wants to throw with our pathetic pass rush. we had 0 sacks against flacco and i feel like we knocked him down maybe 1 or 2 times. the only game we got any kind of pressure was the packers game where we sacked erron a couple times in garbage time. other than that, it has been brutal. our secondary is already fucking terrible so you mix that with no pass rush and i'm not even sure how we have won 2 games

Well both teams suck so enjoy the fuckery that is going to ensue.

Top Bottom