• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 6 |OT| - I'm tired of waiting.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Did chan slip you some drugs? I'm most certainly not high on Jones. He can play well enough to beat the dregs of the league, however. Just throw it in Martavis' general vicinity.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Yes, with roofles the steelers are dangerous. They would be a 3-13 team with Jones. He is awful

He's better than vick for what this team is. AB is a top 3 reciever arguably the best, Bryant is emerging and looked very impressive. Vick can't throw, and he really can't even run that great any more. At least get somebody who can threaten to throw.

Did chan slip you some drugs? I'm most certainly not high on Jones. He can play well enough to beat the dregs of the league, however. Just throw it in Martavis' general vicinity.

No he cant. He is absolute trash, and you will see that if he starts. Your vision is clouded now because he didn't fuck it up today. This isn't uncommon in the NFL (garbage backup comes in midway through the game, makes a couple throws, fans of that team thinks player is decent) but I assure you if he starts you will lose unless your D single handedly wins the game

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
No he cant. He is absolute trash, and you will see that if he starts. Your vision is clouded now because he didn't fuck it up today. This isn't uncommon in the NFL (garbage backup comes in midway through the game, makes a couple throws, fans of that team thinks player is decent) but I assure you if he starts you will lose unless your D single handedly wins the game

What exactly do you think happened today? The Cards rolled in scoring 38 a game and were held to 13. Jones converted a short field. Lead a fg drive. Threw short to Bryant and watched him go 88.

cdyhybrid

What exactly do you think happened today? The Cards rolled in scoring 38 a game and were held to 13. Jones converted a short field. Lead a fg drive. Threw short to Bryant and watched him go 88.

The Cards are frauds. Always have been, always will be. Just be careful with your prognostication.

What's worse, this thread, the quality of the sport, or Rex Ryan?

Tom Cable.

Spinluck

Pagano is holding the team down and it's unfortunate that gore is going to be wasted given his age and this year could very easily be lost. I have no idea why AJ was signed for that money, can they get out of the contract? Both sides had some luck. The onside kick was lucky for the pats, the taint was lucky for the colts, and colts had injuries playing to their side, so I agree this was easily a game they could've stole. Andrew seems like a mentally tough guy, so I'm sure he'll emerge fine, but they're putting his career at least somewhat in risk behind that atrocious line. The pats front 7 is actually playing much better this year. They've mixed it up a bit more with blitzes and Chandler is having a career year if not on paper, at least in effect. Sheard has also had quite the impact. That being said with hightower out and sheard down, the pats were still consistently in Andrews face (edit- this is more a testament to the colts line issues, it seemed at one point the line gave up and just started hugging players, particularly that ninkovich playing being completely wrapped up. Ninko is not very good, that kind of stuff can't keep happening.) There were a few times he should've stepped up given his mobility and just ran for the first, but he's nervous right now and rightfully so.

edit- he also seems to struggle reading the blitz, at least this year. Could be the effect of being rattled. He's gone fuck it chuck it when he's had guys wide on the check down. The early gameplan was really working. Quick reads and out, pound it with gore and he was gashing early on. Like others have said the playcalling inexplicably got away from this. Likely scared of stalling and letting it get out of hand. More testament to being in Chucks head at the moment.

He has apparently been battling a rib injury along with the shoulder. Still though, we were getting the ball out quick for most of the first half, running game helped with that too.

The game wasn't as close as the score imo. Pats had control for most of the second half, and we got almost 0 production from the offense then. Oh well. Guess we'll keep Pagano till the playoffs loss. Team looked ok when showing some life.

I don't think it's really regression. It's a combination of bad coaching, bad OL play, and a lingering pre season injury.

I would agree but he's had a few accuracy issues for a while now. They have gotten worse with his health though. O-linr was ok tonight compared to when Luck was back there earlier this season, really blew some plays, Holmes is so bad. Already went off on the poor coaching enough for one night.

Pats are going to have a pretty easy path to ring number 5. Only Cincinnati Red Andy Dalton and the Bengals have an even remote chance of giving New England a game. Brady winning his 5th title in his hometown is going to be pretty damn sweet.

Striker

But Ben didn't play in that game, that's a pretty big deal.
The Steelers defense has been playing stellar and pretty much won them two games thus far. All the QB needs to do is not make any mistakes. The offense is loaded at every spot - though the OL got hit with a few injuries. You still have Brown, Bryant, Wheaton, Miller, and the best HB in the game. Only Dalton can make a case with equal talent around him.

They have no excuses to not make, at least, the AFC Title game. Bad overall league play and that talent at the skill positions?

Steelers gonna be scary good once Ben is back and healthy-ish. If Denver makes it to the playoffs, I don't look forward to running into them. A repeat of that 05 AFC Title game (I think that was the year) would suck

yuraya

The AFC south is such fucking garbage. Worst division in the league and its not even close. Colts are at the top and they are so lucky to even have 3 wins. Very easily could have lost 2 of those games.

Even Jags @ 1-5 have a good chance to win this division. The only real hard game remaining on their schedule is Atlanta. Everything else is winnable imo. Gus needs to fix that shit tier pass defense. They only have one interception on the season lol. And that was by a LB. Its so sad :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Not sure how this is an AFC or NFC is terrible thing - they are both fucking awful.

There's no really dominant team. I thought the Cards were head and shoulders above every other team in the league but they were stifled yesterday.The Packer team you guys are swearing by for the NFC looks charmin' soft against Phil Rivers.

I have to wonder if this is a result of less practice time and the introduction of the Thursday night games, but that shouldn't roll over into Sunday afternoon. The product on the field has really suffered IMO.

I actually had a dream about the pats beating the Colts last night. I dunno if i should classify that as a nightmare for dreaming about the pats doing well or a great dream for seeing the Colts lose again.

Well since you are a texans fan.. The answer is a good dream.

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
I'm still bitter about the Jaguars loss to Texans. I just don't understand, Bortles broke down. Bad coaching or just a terrible QB..?

Top Bottom