• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 6 |OT| - I'm tired of waiting.

TheFatOne

Yea I think it just so many guys play their heart out and give all they have and end they come up short they have this attitude of "why even try so hard?" You know what I mean it's like when you put everything into it and get essentially nothing out of it kind of leaves you in a dejected state.

I'm sure Kam felt that way since he pulled a T.O along with Earl/Sherm who all played their heart out in the SB and were all injured. Come up short just kind of deflates them. Either way this gonna be a long ass year for us. A lot of close games win or lose. So far we came up on the short end of all of them except for the Lions.

Don't underestimate the power of a short off season. Seattle has had back to back short off seasons to recover. It takes a toll on the team.

What is going on with the turf in SF. His foot just disappeared in the turf.
CRooqUtWsAA2YiY.jpg

CRpGasHWoAAQgr8.png

sad story! at least our shitty new stadium is good for something on this day though!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
AFC is ass so you can probably make a run at the last wildcard.

You say that but it might be better than the NFC. Both are top heavy with good teams just destroying bad teams and great teams annihilating both. The big difference is that right now the NFC looks a bit more open where the AFC seems set in week six to Pats/Broncos/Bengals/Colts/Jets/Steelers.

Spinluck

Almost all of those holds saved a sack or a negative rush though. So while not entirely defensible sometimes having another down and an extra five yards to go is often worth it.

Some of those calls were weak as hell but I'll agree.

Pats play their worst game of the season and we still find a way to fuck it up. Game comes down to a garbage time TD and an onside kick when it could've been far worse. It just reinforces how bad of an idea that ST call was lol. Game wasn't really out of hand imo. Call screens or some shit, you have Bradshaw and Gore, if you're not going to run it at least get them involved in the passing game. They didn't even do that.

You say that but it might be better than the NFC. Both are top heavy with good teams just destroying bad teams and great teams annihilating both. The big difference is that right now the NFC looks a bit more open where the AFC seems set in week six to Pats/Broncos/Bengals/Colts/Jets/Steelers.

lol good one,

cdyhybrid

don't worry seahawks-age, wussle will have all the time he wants to throw with our pathetic pass rush. we had 0 sacks against flacco and i feel like we knocked him down maybe 1 or 2 times. the only game we got any kind of pressure was the packers game where we sacked erron a couple times in garbage time. other than that, it has been brutal. our secondary is already fucking terrible so you mix that with no pass rush and i'm not even sure how we have won 2 games

We're taking your QB! Goff is gonna look good in blue and green you biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch!

MechDX

http://www.nfl.com/videos/houston-texans/0ap3000000560112/DeAndre-Hopkins-highlights

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/fanta...-delivering-an-all-time-season-231323399.html
1. DeAndre Hopkins is gonna rewrite the record book.

After delivering yet another massive fantasy line on Sunday (10-148-2), Hopkins is now on pace to finish his season with 139 catches for 1,936 yards. He's topped 100 yards in four of his six games, plus he reached 98 in another. Hopkins has been unfair, basically. He's dragging Brian Hoyer to fantasy relevance, which is no minor achievement. Hopkins' 148-yard effort this week was somehow only his third-best total of the year. That's absurd.

In case you were wondering, the NFL single-season record for receptions is 143 (Marvin Harrison, 2002) and the all-time yardage mark is 1,964 (Megatron, 2012). Those records are pretty clearly at risk. Hopkins has seen 89 targets over six weeks, which means he's on pace for an unfathomable 237. Last year, Demaryius Thomas led the league with 184. No defensive tactic has been particularly effective against Hopkins to this point (obviously). I'm not sure there are more than five three two players I'd even consider in a one-for-one Hopkins trade right now, regardless of position. Le'Veon, Devonta and, um ... who? Anyone? If

Fantasy BS put still eye catching.
Nuk Hopkins is just ridiculous. His hands just grab everything!

A shame he cant have a real QB

Some of those calls were weak as hell but I'll agree.

Pats play their worst game of the season and we still find a way to fuck it up. Game comes down to a garbage time TD and an onside kick when it could've been far worse. It just reinforces how bad of an idea that ST call was lol. Game wasn't really out of hand imo. Call screens or some shit, you have Bradshaw and Gore, if you're not going to run it at least get them involved in the passing game. They didn't even do that.

I'm harder on the Colts coaches than most of the posters here and I'd really love to see Pagano fired and I absolutely dislike how Pep calls the game. But the offense couldn't get into a rhythm because Luck kept missing his target. In pretty much all of the incompletions the guy was right there to make a catch and the throw sailed over his head or some shit like that.

Don't get me wrong, it was a poorly called game. But the main issue is that I don't think Luck is healthy right now. He even looked a bit checked out after the inexplicably moronic ST call, which I can't really blame him.

Jets are the Broncos with a better offense. Think about that. I guess they are worse coached because they blew that game against the Eagles.

I mean they have a good defense...but they beat the browns, colts, dolphins and racists, all bottom-tier teams. I'd give the Chargers or Bills a better shot at the wildcard than the jets.

2-3 with the Texans next week! Keep the hope! Regardless of how bad we are, the AFC is still garbage!

A win next week would be nice on what will likely be a totally forgettable season.

cdyhybrid

QocqNPq.png

Friend Greg, I feel your pain. I understand now. Take Ciara off our hands (fuck you Falcons-Age for cursing us with this) and I'll take Munn off your hands.

Let's make a deal.

Spinluck

I'm harder on the Colts coaches than most of the posters here and I'd really love to see Pagano fired and I absolutely dislike how Pep calls the game. But the offense couldn't get into a rhythm because Luck kept missing his target. In pretty much all of the incompletions the guy was right there to make a catch and the throw sailed over his head or some shit like that.

Don't get me wrong, it was a poorly called game. But the main issue is that I don't think Luck is healthy right now. He even looked a bit checked out after the inexplicably moronic ST call, which I can't really blame him.

I mention his accuracy issues all the time. Him missing like he has been just sucks, I hope he fixes that soon.

We inexplicably abounded the run which also didn't help. All went downhill after the 4th and 3. And of course Luck hits his marks in garbage time -__-.

Luck should definitely run more imo. Most of the time it's a great outcome when he does. Still think coaches are bums though. Manusky called his best game of the season however.

Jets are the Broncos with a better offense. Think about that. I guess they are worse coached because they blew that game against the Eagles.

Yeah Jets really blew that game that they were down 24-7 at the half. Eagles only passed 8 times the entire second half. They just ran the ball into the line since Fitzmagic is such garbage they knew he couldn't come back against them.

TheFatOne

I mention his accuracy issues all the time. Him missing like he has been just sucks, I hope he fixes that soon.

We inexplicably abounded the run which also didn't help. All went downhill after the 4th and 3. And of course Luck hits his marks in garbage time -__-.

Luck should definitely run more imo. Most of the time it's a great outcome when he does. Still think coaches are bums though. Manusky called his best game of the season however.

Teams get scared of the Pats offense and do dumb shit like abandon the run. Pats offense is their defense. They got up early in the second half, and basically took away the running game because of it. Colts were too scared to run with the Pats ahead. Pagano is not the kind of coach that can beat Belichick. Belichick just completely dominates the coaching matchup every time, and he's not even doing anything overly complicated. Most of the time on offense it's been just bringing in an extra offensive lineman and going power formations. Pagano is just not the right coach for this team.

Luck should definitely run more imo. Most of the time it's a great outcome when he does.

Yeah, he's been bad this year missing throws way above the receiver. He still makes some throws that put him above the fuckball levels of a Stafford or Tannehill kind of guy. He has the talent and the drive, but something's been off the whole season and I really do hope is fixable. What makes me think he's hurt it's that more than once tonight his mechanics looked goofy, like stopping mid throw or shit.

And he absolutely should run more. There was a short 3rd down where I was screaming at the TV because he chucked it midfield for an incompletion instead of saying fuck it and running. There were Pats guys near, but I have no doubt he had enough separation to make it to the first down. Maybe my memory is tricking me, but I think this play was the one that preceded that non punt fuckery.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
11 penalties for 103yds.

Points left on the board for sure.

Coaches blew it, the defense was actually getting stops. Pats looked like they took their foot off the pedal oddly enough. Gonna have to rewatch this.

one thing the pats struggled with was Edelmans injury. It clearly had an effect on him and I'm hoping it's just dislocated and they can get it set or he can adjust, because DA isn't quite Edelman. It was nice to see DA step up in that situation though. Dobson a healthy scratch with Lafell coming back? May be the writing on the wall there. Disappointed in the taint given the way it happened, but Brady was otherwise sharp, and it was good to see he came back out firing.

Sheard being gone was scary, but he's apparently fine also hightower being out hurt in the run game given Mayo has nothing left in the tank. Cannon going down is a disaster, really not much left to throw out there. Seems likely to be turf toe, hopefully its not. Butler is still a high effort guy, who just doesn't have quite enough athletic ability to be a number 1. Logan Ryan is bad, but he looked good against a completely used up Andre Johnson. Duron Harmon also has me eating a bit of crow for the moment. I hated how often McCourty was playing man or on the outside. He is terrible at CB, we know this, just let it go. Jamie Collins is a freak and continues to improve.

As for Luck. I actually think he's OK for now in terms of injury. I'm sure it's bothering him, but I really don't think that's why he's off, because this was happening prior to the injury. I think he has 0 faith in his line right now and it clearly has him rattled. There were multiple times where the pressure really wasn't going to get him, but he could see it inching closer and he would sail the pass. He has no reason to put any faith in this line, and honestly his group of weapons is pretty weak. Moncrief is a nice find, and Hilton is really good (overrated, but good), however the AJ addition adds nothing at the moment. Gore looks good, but the line in protection sort of negates any benefits that would bring. Honestly it seems like Pagano is struggling to keep these guys confident and motivated, but that's just the sense I have from watching them. Things like the bizarre ST play, break downs along the line, etc. are probably leaving a lot of people frustrated and questioning him. His clock is ticking for sure.

The injury bug is biting the pats now and it sucks because they already had the early bye, meaning the only other chance is a top 2 seed, which will be a battle, especially given the Jets look pretty legit for the time being, and the dolphins actually have a proper coach to get behind now. Hopefully Slater is alright, hopefully cannon is alright, hopefully sheard is alright, hopefully hightower can come back, and hopefully Julians finger isn't a significant issue going forward.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
The NFC is truly terrible. Only Green Bay is really good. I don't trust Carolina and every other team is fraudulent or shit tier.

ISOM

The NFC is truly terrible. Only Green Bay is really good. I don't trust Carolina and every other team is fraudulent or shit tier.

Is the AFC much better? You have a primetime choke Dalton and ducking throwing peyton undefeated. The Patriots look like the only really good team in the AFC.

Spinluck

Teams get scared of the Pats offense and do dumb shit like abandon the run. Pats offense is their defense. They got up early in the second half, and basically took away the running game because of it. Colts were too scared to run with the Pats ahead. Pagano is not the kind of coach that can beat Belichick. Belichick just completely dominates the coaching matchup every time, and he's not even doing anything overly complicated. Most of the time on offense it's been just bringing in an extra offensive lineman and going power formations. Pagano is just not the right coach for this team.

All this game did was validate how shook Pagano is by the Pats. 14 point swing between the onside and the ST fuck up. Gore is having his best game of the season and he completely caves the moment the team goes down two possessions (off of his terrible playcall). Pats looked as if they had taken their foot off the pedal in some late game situations. Belichick/JC (or maybe Brady was checking to runs) seemed to stick with just getting the ball to Blount which payed off eventually, he didn't need a 35yd dagger run in the end, they just needed the Colts to keep passing. They simply turned the Colts time of possession game against them and kept encouraging Indy to be so one dimensional. Pagano called all this wack shit, and thought running the ball down two possessions is a bad idea with that much time left? Pats expected the pass almost every time, and Luck just throwing shit up in the air didn't help. Easily NE's worst game this season and we cave, smh.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Is the AFC much better? You have a primetime choke Dalton and ducking throwing peyton undefeated. The Patriots look like the only really good team in the AFC.

Steelers are frighteningly good on offense. Bengals might have the best overall roster in the league. Jets and Broncos have amazingly deep and well rounded defenses.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

Not that much better, the entire league is bottom heavy, but I'd take a Landry Jones led Steeler team over every team in the NFC sans GB.

jbug617

Banned
Translate please. I can't understand what this dumb motherfucker is jibber jabbering about

60 minutes did a report on Revis and the good things he is doing in life. This guy was down with Revis but got axed. While he was watching he didn't see any mention about his contributions, got mad and went to twitter. Spilling the beans on Revis's secrets.

Spinluck

one thing the pats struggled with was Edelmans injury. It clearly had an effect on him and I'm hoping it's just dislocated and they can get it set or he can adjust, because DA isn't quite Edelman. It was nice to see DA step up in that situation though. Dobson a healthy scratch with Lafell coming back? May be the writing on the wall there. Disappointed in the taint given the way it happened, but Brady was otherwise sharp, and it was good to see he came back out firing.

Sheard being gone was scary, but he's apparently fine also hightower being out hurt in the run game given Mayo has nothing left in the tank. Cannon going down is a disaster, really not much left to throw out there. Seems likely to be turf toe, hopefully its not. Butler is still a high effort guy, who just doesn't have quite enough athletic ability to be a number 1. Logan Ryan is bad, but he looked good against a completely used up Andre Johnson. Duron Harmon also has me eating a bit of crow for the moment. I hated how often McCourty was playing man or on the outside. He is terrible at CB, we know this, just let it go. Jamie Collins is a freak and continues to improve.

As for Luck. I actually think he's OK for now in terms of injury. I'm sure it's bothering him, but I really don't think that's why he's off, because this was happening prior to the injury. I think he has 0 faith in his line right now and it clearly has him rattled. There were multiple times where the pressure really wasn't going to get him, but he could see it inching closer and he would sail the pass. He has no reason to put any faith in this line, and honestly his group of weapons is pretty weak. Moncrief is a nice find, and Hilton is really good (overrated, but good), however the AJ addition adds nothing at the moment. Gore looks good, but the line in protection sort of negates any benefits that would bring. Honestly it seems like Pagano is struggling to keep these guys confident and motivated, but that's just the sense I have from watching them. Things like the bizarre ST play, break downs along the line, etc. are probably leaving a lot of people frustrated and questioning him. His clock is ticking for sure.

The injury bug is biting the pats now and it sucks because they already had the early bye, meaning the only other chance is a top 2 seed, which will be a battle, especially given the Jets look pretty legit for the time being, and the dolphins actually have a proper coach to get behind now. Hopefully Slater is alright, hopefully cannon is alright, hopefully sheard is alright, hopefully hightower can come back, and hopefully Julians finger isn't a significant issue going forward.

Yeah if there was a time to beat the Pats this was it.

Spinluck

Yeah, he's been bad this year missing throws way above the receiver. He still makes some throws that put him above the fuckball levels of a Stafford or Tannehill kind of guy. He has the talent and the drive, but something's been off the whole season and I really do hope is fixable. What makes me think he's hurt it's that more than once tonight his mechanics looked goofy, like stopping mid throw or shit.

And he absolutely should run more. There was a short 3rd down where I was screaming at the TV because he chucked it midfield for an incompletion instead of saying fuck it and running. There were Pats guys near, but I have no doubt he had enough separation to make it to the first down. Maybe my memory is tricking me, but I think this play was the one that preceded that non punt fuckery.

I've been saying this since week 1.

When it comes to mechanics Luck looks like he's regressed. Really hurt us tonight.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
The same steelers that lost to the fucking ravens? Lolololololllll

PS

Landry Jones is raw garbage

But Ben didn't play in that game, that's a pretty big deal.

Yeah if there was a time to beat the Pats this was it.

Pagano is holding the team down and it's unfortunate that gore is going to be wasted given his age and this year could very easily be lost. I have no idea why AJ was signed for that money, can they get out of the contract? Both sides had some luck. The onside kick was lucky for the pats, the taint was lucky for the colts, and colts had injuries playing to their side, so I agree this was easily a game they could've stole. Andrew seems like a mentally tough guy, so I'm sure he'll emerge fine, but they're putting his career at least somewhat in risk behind that atrocious line. The pats front 7 is actually playing much better this year. They've mixed it up a bit more with blitzes and Chandler is having a career year if not on paper, at least in effect. Sheard has also had quite the impact. That being said with hightower out and sheard down, the pats were still consistently in Andrews face (edit- this is more a testament to the colts line issues, it seemed at one point the line gave up and just started hugging players, particularly that ninkovich playing being completely wrapped up. Ninko is not very good, that kind of stuff can't keep happening.) There were a few times he should've stepped up given his mobility and just ran for the first, but he's nervous right now and rightfully so.

edit- he also seems to struggle reading the blitz, at least this year. Could be the effect of being rattled. He's gone fuck it chuck it when he's had guys wide on the check down. The early gameplan was really working. Quick reads and out, pound it with gore and he was gashing early on. Like others have said the playcalling inexplicably got away from this. Likely scared of stalling and letting it get out of hand. More testament to being in Chucks head at the moment.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've been saying this since week 1.

When it comes to mechanics Luck looks like he's regressed. Really hurt us tonight.

Meanwhile the best QB under 30 did whatever he did today. 400 yards, 4TDs, one INT or something. Kas isn't here.

I don't think it's really regression. It's a combination of bad coaching, bad OL play, and a lingering pre season injury.

Yes, Jones is terrible. But I'd still take him over the NFC. That's how bad it is. And the loss to the ratbirds was because we hadn't yet signed this handsome mofo:

CHRISBOSWELLARMY09150.JPG

I would literally take most of the NFC (and AFC!) starters, backups and 3rd stringers over jones. You are high on him because he made a couple fluke plays today aND you areally a steeters fan. If he starts any games it will be the kirk cousins story all over again

But Ben didn't play in that game, that's a pretty big deal.

Pagano is holding the team down and it's unfortunate that gore is going to be wasted given his age and this year could very easily be lost. I have no idea why AJ was signed for that money, can they get out of the contract? Both sides had some luck. The onside kick was lucky for the pats, the taint was lucky for the colts, and colts had injuries playing to their side, so I agree this was easily a game they could've stole. Andrew seems like a mentally tough guy, so I'm sure he'll emerge fine, but they're putting his career at least somewhat in risk behind that atrocious line. The pats front 7 is actually playing much better this year. They've mixed it up a bit more with blitzes and Chandler is having a career year if not on paper, at least in effect. Sheard has also had quite the impact. That being said with hightower out and sheard down, the pats were still consistently in Andrews face. There were a few times he should've stepped up given his mobility and just ran for the first, but he's nervous right now and rightfully so.

Yes, with roofles the steelers are dangerous. They would be a 3-13 team with Jones. He is awful

Top Bottom