• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 7 |OT| - A Fraud Swings His Gate

DMczaf

Yes. Join me in the #BenchBradford movement.

At this point, it's clear he's not a franchise QB. So shouldn't the GM try to mitigate the damage done by recouping a 4th round pick?

Speaking as a completely impartial Rams fan, I think you should start Bradford for at least the next five or six games just to be on the safe side.

Thanks.

Zeke

So didn't watch the game yesterday instead I listened to it on the radio driving back from Midland. 2-4 and bottom of the division. Its like the offense can't put points up without Romo behind center. 3 god damn picks too but you know what? I'll deal with that over captain check down. It made the run game actually work McFadden did amazing still not sure what to make of Michael. We need rb's like Carolina big bruisers.

Hindl

I'm ready to move on from Bradford.

Yes. Join me in the #BenchBradford movement.

At this point, it's clear he's not a franchise QB. So shouldn't the GM try to mitigate the damage done by recouping a 4th round pick?

No he isn't a franchise QB. He's somewhere between shit and average depending on the day. But he wasn't the reason we lost last night, and there are more problems with this team than just him. Comparing him and Sanchez in this offense doesn't help because Sanchez hasn't played in a game with these receivers and this line. He could be better, but he could also be worse. And once you bench Bradford, unbenching him isn't going to help anything.

The other issue is moving on from Bradford doesn't leave us with much. Sanchez is a stopgap at best, and the draft and FA don't have any appealing QBs. I honestly see Bradford getting some form of extension next season, simply because there's no one else. Bradford isn't the answer at QB, but I'm going to assume he'll play out the season

JABEE

Sam Bradford did nothing last night. I don't trust Bradford. Kelly didn't trust him to do anything.

If Kelly can't trust him to be a quarterback, there is no reason to continue this experiment.

Line_HTX

So didn't watch the game yesterday instead I listened to it on the radio driving back from Midland. 2-4 and bottom of the division. Its like the offense can't put points up without Romo behind center. 3 god damn picks too but you know what? I'll deal with that over captain check down. It made the run game actually work McFadden did amazing still not sure what to make of Michael. We need rb's like Carolina big bruisers.

You prefer tainting over dink and dunks?

Mudcrab

nofake.0.gif

squicken

Sam Bradford did nothing last night. I don't trust Bradford. Kelly didn't trust him to do anything.

If Kelly can't trust him to be a quarterback, there is no reason to continue this experiment.
Then why does he keep trusting him to go out there? I want Sanchez to start. It's like when 49ers fans begged for David Carr. If he was an upgrade he'd be playing

gutshot

No he isn't a franchise QB. He's somewhere between shit and average depending on the day. But he wasn't the reason we lost last night, and there are more problems with this team than just him. Comparing him and Sanchez in this offense doesn't help because Sanchez hasn't played in a game with these receivers and this line. He could be better, but he could also be worse. And once you bench Bradford, unbenching him isn't going to help anything.

The other issue is moving on from Bradford doesn't leave us with much. Sanchez is a stopgap at best, and the draft and FA don't have any appealing QBs. I honestly see Bradford getting some form of extension next season, simply because there's no one else. Bradford isn't the answer at QB, but I'm going to assume he'll play out the season

Extending Bradford would be the dumbest thing the Eagles have done in a long time. Like, if I were Jeffrey Lurie I would seriously consider firing Chip Kelly if he came to the conclusion that that was a good move.

The smart thing to do at this point is cut your losses and bench Bradford. That way you get St. Louis's 4th round pick. This offseason, you sign another reclamation project at QB (RG3 and Kaepernick both might be available) and keep Sanchez as your fallback guy in case it blows up in your face again. They also have to draft a young QB. It doesn't even need to be in the first round. Brett Hundley was a 5th round pick. He sure would be nice to have as a QB option right now. Go get someone like that in the 2016 draft. Oh, and draft some freaking offensive linemen too.

Zeke

You prefer tainting over dink and dunks?
Look how well the run game looked when we had a qb thay actually went down field. They actually made drives instead of 3 and outs all game. He made reads, moved up in the pocket areas where Weeden would check down or take the sack. Come draft day this team needs a rb and wr's another db would be nice too.

eznark

Banned
Then why does he keep trusting him to go out there? I want Sanchez to start. It's like when 49ers fans begged for David Carr. If he was an upgrade he'd be playing

You have a lot more confidence in Kelly's player evaluation skills than I do at this point.

MechDX

You honestly think the Texans are going to give O'Brien MORE power?

It's just hilarious how 7 weeks in Mallett is still finding ways to make O'Brien's early season flip flop look worse.

He has that power now. He has final control over all personnel decisions. Rick Smith is basically a gopher. O'Brien tells him what kind of players he wants and Smith fetches them.

Been saying that for a while now.

Hindl

Extending Bradford would be the dumbest thing the Eagles have done in a long time. Like, if I were Jeffrey Lurie I would seriously consider firing Chip Kelly if he came to the conclusion that that was a good move.

The smart thing to do at this point is cut your losses and bench Bradford. That way you get St. Louis's 4th round pick. This offseason, you sign another reclamation project at QB (RG3 and Kaepernick both might be available) and keep Sanchez as your fallback guy in case it blows up in your face again. They also have to draft a young QB. It doesn't even need to be in the first round. Brett Hundley was a 5th round pick. He sure would be nice to have as a QB option right now. Go get someone like that in the 2016 draft. Oh, and draft some freaking offensive linemen too.

I'm not saying extend Bradford because he's good. I'm saying it because there's no one else. Kaep and RG3 would both be worse decisions than Bradford, they're both broken, and there's most likely no one worth drafting that we'll be able to grab. We need to draft O line and WR definitely. Bradford is shit. But between Bradford, Sanchez, RG3, Kaep, and the 2016 draft? Bradford unfortunately looks like the best option, and maybe take a QB in the later rounds. The Bradford experiment failed, I just don't think there are better options out there

Miami has the Dolphins
The Greatest Football Team
We take the ball from goal to goal
Like no one's ever seen
We're in the air, we're on the ground
We're always in control
And when you say Miami
You're talking Super Bowl

'Cause we're the...

Miami Dolphins,
Miami Dolphins,
Miami Dolphins Number One.
Yes we're the...
Miami Dolphins,
Miami Dolphins,
Miami Dolphins Number One

gutshot

I'm not saying extend Bradford because he's good. I'm saying it because there's no one else. Kaep and RG3 would both be worse decisions than Bradford, they're both broken, and there's most likely no one worth drafting that we'll be able to grab. We need to draft O line and WR definitely. Bradford is shit. But between Bradford, Sanchez, RG3, Kaep, and the 2016 draft? Bradford unfortunately looks like the best option, and maybe take a QB in the later rounds. The Bradford experiment failed, I just don't think there are better options out there

I'm not sure how you can admit that Bradford sucks and that the Bradford experiment failed but yet not want to move on from him? RG3 in this offense is an unknown, Kaepernick in this offense is an unknown, random college QB in this offense is an unknown. Bradford in this offense is a known. A known failure. So in what world should a GM go with the known failure over the unknown option?

26-46, 205 yards, 1 INT, 4.46 Y/A, 58.7 rating

That is played well to you? And you're calling me a lunatic?

Again he was playing against a top D, and with out Peters for basically the whole game. He has nothing at WR, Cooper, Austin, Matthews, and Huff. That is such a weak group, and still he gets the ball to them but they drop it. How many drives would have been extended without the 8 drops, how many more points do the Eagles score? Bradford was under pressure almost the whole game, people want to complain about him dumping it off, but Cooper and Austin are not getting open against a D as good as the Panthers. Bradford limited the TO's last night and absolutely gave the Eagles a chance to win. Get guys that can catch and Bradford will look so much better.

How was everybody's experience with this? Mine was mixed. Stream quality was up and down through most of the first half and didn't settle down till after half time. Was streaming over Wifi though so it could have been related to my connection but probably not, because I've streamed WWE Network and other streams pretty much fine.

The BoB hype after Hard Knocks was through the roof. Kind of crazy how things have come crashing down since but you can't win without a QB.

It's a shame because he's so damn likeable off the field, especially with what he has going on at home. (For those who didn't see/read, BoB has a severely disabled teenage son, and it was remarkable to see him go from being this F-drop hard ass on the field, to going home and being a warm and caring parent to two kids, one of whom has a really severe disability)

Hindl

I'm not sure how you can admit that Bradford sucks and that the Bradford experiment failed but yet not want to move on from him? RG3 in this offense is an unknown, Kaepernick in this offense is an unknown, random college QB in this offense is an unknown. Bradford in this offense is a known. A known failure. So in what world should a GM go with the known failure over the unknown option?

I just don't believe in them as much. After seeing Kaep and RG3 on their teams I think they are worse than Bradford. But who knows? If Chip wants to take a chance on Kaep/RG3 then I'll go along with it. I just don't think Chip is going to do that unfortunately.

Again he was playing against a top D, and with out Peters for basically the whole game. He has nothing at WR, Cooper, Austin, Matthews, and Huff. That is such a weak group, and still he gets the ball to them but they drop it. How many drives would have been extended without the 8 drops, how many more points do the Eagles score? Bradford was under pressure almost the whole game, people want to complain about him dumping it off, but Cooper and Austin are not getting open against a D as good as the Panthers. Bradford limited the TO's last night and absolutely gave the Eagles a chance to win. Get guys that can catch and Bradford will look so much better.

Be easier to get Shaun Hill and those guys that can't catch will look so much better.

How was everybody's experience with this? Mine was mixed. Stream quality was up and down through most of the first half and didn't settle down till after half time. Was streaming over Wifi though so it could have been related to my connection but probably not, because I've streamed WWE Network and other streams pretty much fine.

Mine was really good for pretty much the entire game, definitely surprised by how good the quality was.

Be easier to get Shaun Hill and those guys that can't catch will look so much better.

Mine was really good for pretty much the entire game, definitely surprised by how good the quality was.

To bad you guys cant get someone to replace Foles, another sub 200 yard game, and against the Browns pitiful pass defense no less.

squicken

I won't go as far as to say he played well, and he was absolutely bad vs NOLA and NYG. But last night he played well enough to win. His numbers are bad b/c they had so many drive killing drops.

CAR is a good defense and they won the game. Davis and Kuechley take away all the crossers and pop passes that chip loves to run. Norman is excellent and knocked away what looked like a sure TD

But Mathews and Huff had chances to make catches for TDs that WRs routinely make in the NFL, and they didn't. Mathews had another drop that was as easy as it gets near the goal line. I mean that is 10+ points left on the field

Bradford's body of work is bad, but last night he was not why they lost. If anything, his acceptable play exposed all the other issues they have. Tobin cannot play LT, and Kelly is a 3rd string guard who looks like a 3rd string guard.

Chip the GMs biggest mistake wasn't Bradford, it was letting Maclin go. Whatever he valued him at it wasn't enough

gutshot

I really don't understand why you stan for Bradford so hard and yet ripped Foles mercilessly. They are basically the same player.

I won't go as far as to say he played well, and he was absolutely bad vs NOLA and NYG. But last night he played well enough to win. His numbers are bad b/c they had so many drive killing drops.

CAR is a good defense and they won the game. Davis and Kuechley take away all the crossers and pop passes that chip loves to run. Norman is excellent and knocked away what looked like a sure TD

But Mathews and Huff had chances to make catches for TDs that WRs routinely make in the NFL, and they didn't. Mathews had another drop that was as easy as it gets near the goal line. I mean that is 10+ points left on the field

Bradford's body of work is bad, but last night he was not why they lost. If anything, his acceptable play exposed all the other issues they have. Tobin cannot play LT, and Kelly is a 3rd string guard who looks like a 3rd string guard.

Chip the GMs biggest mistake wasn't Bradford, it was letting Maclin go. Whatever he valued him at it wasn't enough

Chip offered Maclin $9m a year, he wanted to go back home and play with Andy again. His step dad said he would have signed with KC even if the offers were the same. But yeah losing Maclin has killed them this year. I know that everyone loves the lol Bradford narrative that has been invented, but Brady and Rodgers would struggled if their receivers dropped passes like this. It just kills drives and stops them from getting any momentum, it also is putting the D on the field way more then they should be.

I really don't understand why you stan for Bradford so hard and yet ripped Foles mercilessly. They are basically the same player.

Foles is straight up garbage, I really do think that Bradford could be good if they could just clean up the drops. They have to be right at the top, if not the top team in that. It is by far the biggest problem with the team this year.

Hindl

I think it's the combo of Maclin and Mathis. But I agree, Bradford played well enough to show the weaknesses everywhere else. We really need to focus on the OLine and WR in the draft. If there's a project QB available in the later rounds though? Take him and see what he can do. Collinsworth made a good point last night, Chip still hasn't developed a QB, so that's a hurdle he needs to fix if he wants to stay around.

I still believe in Chip the GM because this offseason, his main focus was defense, and we went from terrible to a pretty stout D that gets lots of turnovers. Bradford failed, and Murray to a lesser extent. But after a shit start against ATL, Maxwell has become a good corner (not playing up to his contract but I'll take it). Thurmond has been an amazing safety, and Carroll has worked out well too. Kiko got injured immediately, but he should be back soon. This team some nice pieces, we just need a few draft picks to work out. And a new QB but I don't think that's likely

To bad you guys cant get someone to replace Foles, another sub 200 yard game, and against the Browns pitiful pass defense no less.

Why do you keep trying to get a rise out of me? That fraud Bradford is no longer my QB, you need to understand nothing can hurt me now. Jeff Fisher Rams will go 7-9 as usual no matter who is under center.

On the other hand, the fact that you keep trying so, SO hard to convince us (and yourself?) that Bradford isn't the piece of shit that we warned you about is absolutely wonderful and the best thing about this fuckball filled season for all non-Eagles fans.

I know that everyone loves the lol Bradford narrative that has been invented, but Brady and Rodgers would struggled if their receivers dropped passes like this.

Invented?

vrmpIQJ.gif

Sanjuro

Just got the call confirming I landed the job!

Now I can not feel so bad about purchasing a game that is only 86 on Metacritic.

Pepiope

Bradford did play well last night. A bye week will do him and the offense some good, and we should hopefully come out a stronger team in the 2nd half of the season

Top Bottom