• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 7 |OT| - A Fraud Swings His Gate

Chip offered Maclin $9m a year, he wanted to go back home and play with Andy again. His step dad said he would have signed with KC even if the offers were the same. But yeah losing Maclin has killed them this year. I know that everyone loves the lol Bradford narrative that has been invented, but Brady and Rodgers would struggled if their receivers dropped passes like this. It just kills drives and stops them from getting any momentum, it also is putting the D on the field way more then they should be.

Brady his receivers dropped 11 passes yesterday. It's not an excuse.

Get a rise out of you? are you seriously insane? You said some shit to me about Bradford. This whole season you have been trying to prop the Rams up for this horrible trade and make yourself fell better. I have been on record for years wanting Foles gone, I dont care who or what they got back. I just wanted not Foles as the QB this year.

So, let's ignore the fact that Foles is better than Bradford because that's an extremely low bar to clear.

The worst case scenario for the Rams is we traded one shitty QB for another shitty QB, only the shitty qb we got is cheaper AND we got a second round pick on top.

And you're trying to get at me about how Rams lost that trade?

Don't think it's my sanity that needs questioning.

Hindl

And Bradford is shit. Kelly's play-calling shows he doesn't trust in him anymore than he trusted in Foles.

You cannot win with either QB. I'm not going to prop up Bradford, because Foles and Sanchez were terrible last year. Mitigate the compensatory damage from the trade, and bench Bradford.

In any other situation, a quarterback playing the way Bradford has played this season, would not have the leash Kelly has given him.

The Eagles need to admit the plan didn't work out. The Eagles tried. They realized that Foles wasn't good, and that they needed to gamble. We lost a 2nd round pick with that gamble.

I stand behind the other moves Kelly has made. None of the players the Eagles lost this off season have done anything in their new homes.

Thurmond has been great. Barwin and Jenkins were great free agent signings. I admit that I was wrong on Jenkins.

Kelly drafted Jordan Hicks in the third round, I think Eric Rowe was a good pick, and Nelson Agholor will be a great receiver when the Eagles draft an average quarterback.

We do not have an average quarterback. We have a bad quarterback.

When we are able to admit this, we will be much better off.

This isn't reactionary. This is what I have felt for awhile. Bradford has not played a complete game throughout the entire first half of this season.

Bradford has been awful. He has been awful. Outside of last night, Bradford has had plenty of time in the pocket. Bradford has had open receivers. Bradford is unable to execute during the regular season. He is a bad NFL quarterback.

I'm not as hard on Bradford as you, but I agree that he's been pretty shit. I just don't see Chip benching him

Brady his receivers dropped 11 passes yesterday. It's not an excuse.

Doesnt that help my point? Pats were a Brandon Marshall drop away from a loss yesterday. If the Pats WRs make those catches the game isnt close. The Panthers are a really good defense, you cant afford to make mistakes like drops against them and expect to win. Seriously how is WR's dropping passes not an excuse for the team not scoring more points? Do you want Bradford to throw the ball up and then run 40 yards down the field and catch it?

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/team-receiver-drops-percentage/2015/

Rams drop rate: 6.7% (why no excuses for Foles!??!?)
Packers drop rate: 4.4%
Eagles drop rate: 4.0%

YankeeHater, is it hard work to be this wrong or does it come naturally?

That stat is just not true. They had 8 yesterday, and they had more then 3 in all other games this season combined. You are intentionally posting a flawed stat to make some point on the internet. That is really fucking sad.

Farooq

Banned
No chance man we're going after luck!

I fucking wish. Right now we are 12th in draft order, which looks like a little late for Cook and too early for Lynch.

Damn, I don't want to tank. The NFC doesn't seem that strong and the Cowboys with a healthy Romo could make a run. But 4 straight losses, it is not looking good. Shutting it down might be the best option, maximize a lost season . Hopefully Jerry sees it too. Shutting Romo down in 2010 got us Tyron Smith, a fucking All-Pro LT.

eznark

Banned
That stat is just not true. They had 8 yesterday, and they had more then 3 in all other games this season combined. You are intentionally posting a flawed stat to make some point on the internet. That is really fucking sad.

Flawed? lol, it just hasn't updated for this week. Assuming they did have 8 drops (I've seen another Eagles fan post a different number, depends on catchability) they are still over a full percentage point behind the Rams and only slightly worse than the Packers.

Doesnt that help my point? Pats were a Brandon Marshall drop away from a loss yesterday. If the Pats WRs make those catches the game isnt close. The Panthers are a really good defense, you cant afford to make mistakes like drops against them and expect to win. Seriously how is WR's dropping passes not an excuse for the team not scoring more points? Do you want Bradford to throw the ball up and then run 40 yards down the field and catch it?

But you said Brady would struggle, he put up good numbers.

Also, are you saying that he can't throw the ball and catch the ball himself?! Are you Gisele Bunchen?

squicken

I posted a tweet earlier that the Eagles have the worst drop rate since '07. Drops are so subjective as to what is a drop versus merely catchable. But I thought this was the proper summation of it:

Zach Berman @ZBerm
At this point, Eagles have neither a QB who makes his WRs better nor WRs who make their QB better. Net result is league-high 25 drops.

Zeke

I fucking wish. Right now we are 12th in draft order, which looks like a little late for Cook and too early for Lynch.

Damn, I don't want to tank. The NFC doesn't seem that strong and the Cowboys with a healthy Romo could make a run. But 4 straight losses, it is not looking good. Shutting it down might be the best option, maximize a lost season . Hopefully Jerry sees it too. Shutting Romo down in 2010 got us Tyron Smith, a fucking All-Pro LT.
Yea feels pretty hopeless I don't trust drafting a qb. Colleges have been pumping out qbs that don't know how to read defenses. I feel like you either get lucky and get a pro ready qb or you draft one have him learn for two or three seasons and teams aren't willing to do that. I'd rather take my chances with vet qb at this point.

Striker

How many more seasons can they get through with Romo and the cap situation? There's some quality players who are going to be FA's in the next two off-seasons for Dallas.

MechDX

The AFCS virus finally spread to Luck.

Lets shake hands and become friends:

CSQaJODWIAA9bgs.jpg:large

Farooq

Banned
Yea feels pretty hopeless I don't trust drafting a qb. Colleges have been pumping out qbs that don't know how to read defenses. I feel like you either get lucky and get a pro ready qb or you draft one have him learn for two or three seasons and teams aren't willing to do that. I'd rather take my chances with vet qb at this point.

I agree with the state of QBs, although Cook comes from a pro-style offense.

That is why I am a proponent of drafting a QB now, as you alluded, they need years to develop. Romo has what 2-3 seasons at most? If we are going to take a QB from one of these spread offenses, now would be the best time. And you wouldn't be developing him for someone else, which Garrett definitely fears. Part of the reason they keep bringing in veterans to back up Romo.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
If Bradford hadn't signed that ridiculous rookie deal, he'd have been holding a clipboard years ago. Then he would've been a decent fa signing for minimal money and Chip wouldn't have to keep playing him to save face. As it is, the situation is hurting the Eagles now and in the future.

Spinluck

Lets shake hands and become friends:

CSQaJODWIAA9bgs.jpg:large

:jnc

Pretty hilarious how Fins completely quit on Philbin lol

I will come over your place with homemade potato salad and we can watch the 7-9 Jags dominate the WC round.

Depending on these next few weeks, I'm hearing that some changes could come during the bye. Whatever that means.
Benching Luck, Pagano 7 year extension.

http://shepherdexpress.com/article-26674-ten-lessons-from-the-packers-first-6-weeks.html

4. The most efficient receiver in football?
The would be none other than James Jones, who leads DVOA with 81.5% better than average rating, almost twice as efficient as the 2nd best receiver. 17 of Jones’ 21 catches have gone for first downs or touchdowns, and 3 of the 4 remaining catches were “successful” in that they drastically increased the Packers’ chances of picking up a first down. Thanks Giants!

It really was one of the biggest personnel errors the Giants FO have committed in a long while. To be entirely fair, they expected to have Cruz back much earlier in the season and were operating under that assumption but still - special teams play or not Preston Parker had no business getting that roster spot over Jones. Hindsight being 20/20. Good for Jones though. I can't hate on the guy. He was a professional through and through when he was with the organization.

eznark

Banned
It really was one of the biggest personnel errors the Giants FO have committed in a long while. To be entirely fair, they expected to have Cruz back much earlier in the season and were operating under that assumption but still - special teams play or not Preston Parker had no business getting that roster spot over Jones. Hindsight being 20/20. Good for Jones though. I can't hate on the guy. He was a professional through and through when he was with the organization.

I still buy the story that Jones asked for his release. Thank God the Packers would never engage in tampering though.

MechDX

:jnc

Pretty hilarious how Fins completely quit on Philbin lol

I will come over your place with homemade potato salad and we can watch the 7-9 Jags dominate the WC round.

Depending on these next few weeks, I'm hearing that some changes could come during the bye. Whatever that means.
Benching Luck, Pagano 7 year extension.

I for one welcome our new AFCS overlord Jaguars and their leader Bort!

drjyov.gif

Flawed? lol, it just hasn't updated for this week. Assuming they did have 8 drops (I've seen another Eagles fan post a different number, depends on catchability) they are still over a full percentage point behind the Rams and only slightly worse than the Packers.
Heh, Giants near the top as expected.

WWJJD?!

Randle's drop yesterday was another fine exampe of the Giants WR corp just being stupid when it matters. Though that one handed catch beforehand made it hard to hate him too much.

Crisco

Banned
Last night was the first time i watched Bradford for more than a play or two this season and i can't really bury him based on that performance. No QB is going to perform well when a defensive tackle gets 3 sacks. I actually thought he made some nice plays while under pressure and helped keep the Eagles in the game for longer than they should have been. Yeah, he was garbage on the last couple drives, but Chip had given up on running the ball by that point and our front seven was getting to Bradford practically every snap. I said it after our week 1, the Panthers defense is going to make a lot of QBs look like shit this year.

I'm totally expecting the Pats to rip us a new one. They won't even have the decency to lube it up a bit. :(

No way. Gonna be a close game, you guys seem to be responding really well to the new coach and there isn't much tape on the new coach so guess that might give them some element of surprise maybe?

I don't know, I could definitely see us lose. But I would love for you to be right and me to be wrong 🙃

bionic77

I'm totally expecting the Pats to rip us a new one. They won't even have the decency to lube it up a bit. :(
I am pretty confidant that the Steelers would have beaten the Pats if we had Bell and Bryant in week one.

It is fucking hilarious that Brady cheated and got to play week one and our star RB was entrapped by the fucking scumbag plant the Pats sent to us last year and our number 2 receiver was suspended because he has a substance abuse problem.

So if you cheat you can get away with it but if you choose the wrong friends or need help with a substance then you are fucked.

Fuck you Roger Goodell.

Fantomex

You can also draft that Pass Interference QB like Flacco :)

cdyhybrid

I am pretty confidant that the Steelers would have beaten the Pats if we had Bell and Bryant in week one.

It is fucking hilarious that Brady cheated and got to play week one and our star RB was entrapped by the fucking scumbag plant the Pats sent to us last year and our number 2 receiver was suspended because he has a substance abuse problem.

So if you cheat you can get away with it but if you choose the wrong friends or need help with a substance then you are fucked.

Fuck you Roger Goodell.
Roger Goodell doesn't care about black people.

Top Bottom