• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 7 |OT| - A Fraud Swings His Gate

Drakeon

Is this what 49ers fans looked like when we defended Alex Smith under Nolan/Singletary?

Because holy crap the Bradford defense force is amazing.

Hindl

Brandon LaFell had almost as many drops as the Eagles did yesterday.

Holy shit I thought you were exaggerating. I was watching the Pats game off to the side while doing other shit and I didn't notice all those drops

Is this what 49ers fans looked like when we defended Alex Smith under Nolan/Singletary?

Because holy crap the Bradford defense force is amazing.

It's not really defending (except yankee). I just don't think there's any other solution to this issue. Bradford is a failure but to my untrained eye seems like the best failure available outside of a project in the draft. Gutshot and JABEE want the bench, which is justified

gutshot

Foles is straight up garbage, I really do think that Bradford could be good if they could just clean up the drops. They have to be right at the top, if not the top team in that. It is by far the biggest problem with the team this year.

Code:
             G   QBrec  Cmp  Att Cmp%   Yds   TD  Y/A Rate  Lng  Int   Sk  
Sam Bradford 56 21-34-1 1202 2034 59.1 12831   68  6.3 78.9   80   48  133  
Nick Foles   34 18-12-0  646 1057 61.1  7872   52  7.4 91.8   68   22   68

squicken

Fans who said on social media that they met Matthews at a recent appearance said his hand was swollen and he did not shake hands. Asked about a hand injury after the Carolina loss, Matthews hesitated, then denied an injury.

Drops were a central issue in the Eagles' 27-16 setback to the host Panthers.

Peters left that game on a cart in the second quarter, amid all the trappings of a serious injury -- praying teammates, well-wishes from opponents -- but apparently, he has a chronic back problem that flared up, and he was much better by the time the team got back to Philadelphia early Monday.
http://mobile.philly.com/beta?wss=/philly/blogs/sports/eagles&id=337108381

It was obvious Peters had some issue all year, and there it is. Mathews hand thing also explains alot, and is kind of telling that a guy with a swollen hand is the best WR the team has

Also pretty sure neither of those injuries ever showed up on injury reports

Why do you keep trying to get a rise out of me? That fraud Bradford is no longer my QB, you need to understand nothing can hurt me now. Jeff Fisher Rams will go 7-9 as usual no matter who is under center.

On the other hand, the fact that you keep trying so, SO hard to convince us (and yourself?) that Bradford isn't the piece of shit that we warned you about is absolutely wonderful and the best thing about this fuckball filled season for all non-Eagles fans.

Invented?

vrmpIQJ.gif

Get a rise out of you? are you seriously insane? You said some shit to me about Bradford. This whole season you have been trying to prop the Rams up for this horrible trade and make yourself fell better. I have been on record for years wanting Foles gone, I dont care who or what they got back. I just wanted not Foles as the QB this year.

squicken

The Patriots can barely run the Patriots offense without Gronk to muscle people. What chance does Bradford and that shrimp factory have?

Brady's numbers were awful all game b/c of those drops, on the road vs a good defense. But Amendola made a tough catch and Gronk had some big gains late. It's not a comparison of the two QBs as it is the margin of error when playing a good team, which the Jets and Panthers are, defensively

Brady's numbers were awful all game b/c of those drops, on the road vs a good defense. But Amendola made a tough catch and Gronk had some big gains late. It's not a comparison of the two QBs as it is the margin of error when playing a good team, which the Jets and Panthers are, defensively

at home

JABEE

Foles ran this offense better than Bradford has this season and I don't think Foles is good. Seven games is enough to judge Bradford for what he is.

Line_HTX

Fucking bitch ass shit backup missed the charter flight, took commercial, and blamed it all on Saturday traffic?! What else is he not going to blame?!

Fucking done with this insulting asswipe. My patience for this fucker is gone. Cut his boney ass immediately.

"Notevenworthyofrespect. Youwastedtoomuchofmytime. Getoutofmyface. Good bye."

MechDX

3LJVrT.gif

It really does make sense!

1) he knows the Patriots offense
2) Absolutely the best teammate he can possibly be
3) Texans need the lulz

Do it BOB!

Foles ran this offense better than Bradford has this season and I don't think Foles is good. Seven games is enough to judge Bradford for what he is.

Jesus christ dude, Foles didnt run this offense, he ran the offense with Maclin and a better OL. And no he definitely did not run it better. Chip realized after watching Nick everyday that he is a guy you cannot win with. Chip was 10000000000000000000000000000000000% right to move on from Foles.

squicken

Tim McManus @Tim_McManus
Per @PFF, Bradford has suffered 25 drops by WRs for a drop rate of 9.1 percent. That's not only tops this season, but worst rate since '07.

Now that Rodger Saffold is hurt, there are 3 Rams offensive players, and two starters, that Bradford played with in STL. If someone said "offense is better than it was with Bradford", I would say it was also better with Kurt Warner

JABEE

Jesus christ dude, Foles didnt run this offense, he ran the offense with Maclin and a better OL. And no he definitely did not run it better. Chip realized after watching Nick everyday that he is a guy you cannot win with. Chip was 10000000000000000000000000000000000% right to move on from Foles.

And Bradford is shit. Kelly's play-calling shows he doesn't trust in him anymore than he trusted in Foles.

You cannot win with either QB. I'm not going to prop up Bradford, because Foles and Sanchez were terrible last year. Mitigate the compensatory damage from the trade, and bench Bradford.

In any other situation, a quarterback playing the way Bradford has played this season, would not have the leash Kelly has given him.

The Eagles need to admit the plan didn't work out. The Eagles tried. They realized that Foles wasn't good, and that they needed to gamble. We lost a 2nd round pick with that gamble.

I stand behind the other moves Kelly has made. None of the players the Eagles lost this off season have done anything in their new homes.

Thurmond has been great. Barwin and Jenkins were great free agent signings. I admit that I was wrong on Jenkins.

Kelly drafted Jordan Hicks in the third round, I think Eric Rowe was a good pick, and Nelson Agholor will be a great receiver when the Eagles draft an average quarterback.

We do not have an average quarterback. We have a bad quarterback.

When we are able to admit this, we will be much better off.

This isn't reactionary. This is what I have felt for awhile. Bradford has not played a complete game throughout the entire first half of this season.

Bradford has been awful. He has been awful. Outside of last night, Bradford has had plenty of time in the pocket. Bradford has had open receivers. Bradford is unable to execute during the regular season. He is a bad NFL quarterback.

eznark

Banned
I can't even imagine being a football fan if I not only had to watch Bradford check down all day long but then felt the need to defend him for it on Monday.

Seahawks luck out again! First they get to play Jimmy clausen, then Colin kaepernick, now they won't have to face dez!

jnc. There was a report on the radio the other day saying that the 9ers will cut Kap in the offseason due to his contract being structured in such a way that they can get out from a lot of the money due. Crazy that 3 years after leading a team to a SB a guy could be cut.

I can't even imagine being a football fan if I not only had to watch Bradford check down all day long but then felt the need to defend him for it on Monday.

I like football and I like to talk about it. I cant help it that there are lots of trolls, or people being stupid on purpose when it comes to the Eagles/Chip.

eznark

Banned
http://shepherdexpress.com/article-26674-ten-lessons-from-the-packers-first-6-weeks.html

1. The Packer defense is probably better than you think.
Oh, most people think they’re good, but it is worth stating again that they are actually really, really good. No team that has played 6 games has given up fewer points than the Packers’ 101. That includes the vaunted Denver Broncos who have allowed 102. The only team with a better defensive pace than the Packers is the Jets who have given up an NFL-low 75 points in 5 games.

4. The most efficient receiver in football?
The would be none other than James Jones, who leads DVOA with 81.5% better than average rating, almost twice as efficient as the 2nd best receiver. 17 of Jones’ 21 catches have gone for first downs or touchdowns, and 3 of the 4 remaining catches were “successful” in that they drastically increased the Packers’ chances of picking up a first down. Thanks Giants!

8. This is the year of defense
The NFL is severely lacking in young quarterback talent, and a few teams have decided to invest most of their resources in defense and running while using cheap retread quarterbacks, or running quarterbacks. It’s paid off handsomely for the Jets and Panthers, and to a lesser extent, for the Bills. The Jets and Panthers boast top-5 defenses and lower tier quarterbacks. Cam Newton is mostly valuable as a runner, while Ryan Fitzpatrick isn’t very good at much of anything. Tyrod Taylor has been a bargain basement star for the Bills when healthy.
All of these teams followed Seattle’s blueprint, which is ironic as Seattle decided to invest in their quarterback this offseason, and they are already paying the price in lack of financial flexibility and depth. Defense is in right now as even traditional offensive powerhouses like Denver, New England, and Green Bay bost top defenses. Arizona ranks highly as well. The only top team that’s skating by on a shaky defense is Atlanta.

Top Bottom