• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 7 |OT| - A Fraud Swings His Gate

cdyhybrid

Thomas Davis is so awesome at his job that NFL Coach calls Sean McDermott to compliment the Panthers tackling fundamentals

For this open-field tackle on Sproles

494271392-carolina-panthers-thomas-davis-sr-wraps-up-gettyimages.jpg

Put money on it being Dan Campbell. That feels like some shit he would do
Wouldn't surprise me if it was Pete.

WedgeX

Banned
Quarterbacks coach Jim Bob Cooter will take over as the Lions’ play caller beginning with this week’s game against the Kansas City Chiefs at Wembley Stadium, and tight ends coach Ron Prince is now coaching the offensive line

Didn't think that Caldwell would make any moves before the end of the season. This will now always be the year for trivia that a man named Jim Bob Cooter was OC, even if briefly.

Shitshow or triumph?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So my question to Lions fans who say drop 27 year old, franchise QB, Matthew Stafford, what's your solution?

Any prospects or free agent acquisitions you think are better than 27 year old Matthew Stafford?

You pile on Stafford all the goddamned time but offer no solution.

I would keep Stafford. I still say with the right coaching he could be an above-average QB in the league.

I just think the coaching has been horrific and the OL has been so unbelievably bad that I can't believe Stafford has done as well as he has this year.

Line_HTX

What the fuck is this profile of thus random Longhorn player?

Opera in 7 languages, can rap, and impersonate Matthew McConaughey, AND RAY LEWIS

Great movie. Still great to this day.

I'd imagine with Thomas and Yeldon back this offense will open up even more. Allen Bros have seemingly played well. Jags are slowly but surely getting better and I like how Khan is giving some breathing room to staff.

They desperately need someone with speed. I think they drafted Marquise Lee, but I can't remember. Thomas coming back has helped the red zone offense, you know when they don't hand it off to Toby 4 straight times from the 1.

Bread

Banned
I've never understood why QBs get "YAC" counted among their passing yards but w/e it's been part of the system far to long to change. In any case Tannehill had a great game regardless and has played well all year,
we'll see what happens when he goes up against Elite GOAT Malcolm "Hero" Butler

It makes me sick to see these espn guys making excuses for hardy, are they really under the nfl's boot so bad when it comes to these telecasts? Its a disgrace that hardy is even in the league still

Doorman

It amuses me that all of the Cooter jokes are only coming around now, because we knew about and were making fun of this name since he was brought over to be the Lions' QB coach along with the rest of the new staff. He was always, to me anyway, part of the Caldwell-Lombardi-Cooter team that were all supposedly brought in to "fix" Stafford.

I really like Connor Cook but I wouldn't take him in the first round if I was the Lions. The sexy pick is always the QB or star WR, offense wise. But at this point I think we need to rebuild the line. Aim for the best o-lineman available, like Ronnie Stanley for instance.

Heavy o-line and d-line focus in draft, plus a blocking TE. Aim for some LB and CB depth as well since Tulluch and Mathis will be gone.

I've been saying it for probably five years or more how badly I want for us to get a dominant middle linebacker, that position has always been my dream-pick heading into draft season, and it never happens. I don't know what sort of LB talent will be coming out of this year's class but frankly I'm sick of Mayhew's offensive drafting. Well...sick of his drafting in general I guess. Fuck that Ebron selection to the ends of the Earth, now and forevermore.

Line_HTX

I'm still waiting on that unprofessional cretin Ryan Mallet to get his boney white ass cut immediately and get the fuck out of town. At least Hoyer is handling his boney white ass in a professional manner, terrible quarterback and all. Mallet's low life insult to intelligence excuse should never pass, ever.

Shoutouts to Life is Strange.

Pepiope

It makes me sick to see these espn guys making excuses for hardy, are they really under the nfl's boot so bad when it comes to these telecasts? Its a disgrace that hardy is even in the league still
Him and Peterson. Become an Eagles fan, we don't have those type of guys on our roster.

Must be nice to skip practices, shove your Special Teams coach, get into it with teammates and then get a glowing endorsement from your owner saying your a "real" leader.

On top of the domestic abuse issues which alone makes him a piece of shit.

bionic77

Go Lions!
I would have gotten cooter off.

Dude just had a little too much to drink (and with good reason, he played for the Lions) and mistakenly entered the wrong house where he peacefully attempted to sleep in what was his own bed.

I think a Detroit jury would have had a lot of sympathy for the guy.

WedgeX

Banned
I would have gotten cooter off.

Dude just had a little too much to drink (and with good reason, he played for the Lions) and mistakenly entered the wrong house where he peacefully attempted to sleep in what was his own bed.

I think a Detroit jury would have had a lot of sympathy for the guy.

You would've showed up at the wrong courthouse.

Didn't think that Caldwell would make any moves before the end of the season. This will now always be the year for trivia that a man named Jim Bob Cooter was OC, even if briefly.

Shitshow or triumph?

He was clearly forced into it; wouldn't be stunned if a journalist reveals the truth soonish, given how much the Detroit sports media dislikes Caldwell (due to the petty way he treats them).

During his press conference he said there would be no coaching changes made. Three hours later he came out again and said after doing some observations he decided to fire three coaches, AND claimed he didn't speak to Martha Ford. It's obvious bullshit.

He was gonna keep Lombardi all year and fire him after the season. That's his MO. He's clearly offended that the media dare question his decision making, he's a loyal guy, and thus far has blamed the players for not executing the scheme. I'm guessing Mayhew told him changes need to be made or else your job will be re-evaluated after the Chiefs game. I'd also imagine Martha Ford has expressed displeasure with how things have been lately.

Lombardi coaching from upstairs two weeks ago was probably some type of compromise or attempt to save his job. Mayhew or Martha probably wanted Lombardi gone after the Cardinal game disaster and Caldwell instead came up with moving Lombardi upstairs to call plays. We beat a bad Bears team and everything seemed to be fine. Then we started out with an early lead against Minnesota. But once again Lombardi showed that all he can do is outmatch bad defensive teams (Chicago, Tampa, NY Giants early last year...basically our only blowout wins). Once a decent team adjusts at halftime, we lose. Every fucking time.

gutshot

The coaches film is out from last night's game. I was interested to see if the receivers really were blanketed on a lot of Bradford's dump offs and check downs or if it was just a case of him not seeing the field well. Literally the first play I pull up...

CSSDf4bW0AABFMM.png:large

#JoyToWatch

Top Bottom