• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 7 |OT| - A Fraud Swings His Gate

Spinluck

The Eagles will lose, most of their fans are acting like their victory over the Giants was comparable to beating the Patriots, against a real team this week most of them will come back to Earth..

How many above .500 teams have the Panthers beat? I think even the Pats have only beat like 1 or 2.

I don't think saying the Eagles have a chance against the Panthers is so out there. I gave Cam and company credit for finally beating the Hawks mainly because he did it with Ginn as his primary WR. That Hawks team is terrible, even with all the talent they have. Cam didn't really play that great of game, but looked really good at the end.

Giants O-line was disastrous last night. They looked gassed the entire game. Was wondering wtf happened.

Crisco

Banned
You cant be serious.

At this point anyone leaving Cam off the list of great QBs is either trolling or doesn't watch much football. Rodgers, Brady, and Rivers are the only 3 QBs in the league who would do any better with Cam's group of WRs. And none of them are the running threat Cam is.

bionic77

I'm thinking Ben is going to play. A part of me wants to see Landry again but that's mainly my own dumb curiosity.
I would rather we get the easy win and let Bell and hopefully more of Williams to seal the deal.

Thats the formula we need to establish against bad teams and we need to figure out how to make this o-line work and get some flow to the offense and keep whatever the defense is doing going.

I think I trust a gimp Ben more than Landry. But who knows what his mobility will be like and you don't want to risk more injury.

Spinluck

Avatar bet you lose to the Saints?

Spin you should take him up on this and if you win, give him a Texans avatar.

Something like I <3 BOB

Spin is not Squeeeeeeeeee enough to take the bet

I'll gladly take that bet.

At this point anyone leaving Cam off the list of great QBs is either trolling or doesn't watch much football. Rodgers, Brady, and Rivers are the only 3 QBs in the league who would do any better with Cam's group of WRs. And none of them are the running threat Cam is.

Cam is not a great QB, he's a good QB though.

bionic77

Nov-Dec will be proving grounds. Till then, every team that's not the Packers or Pats is suspect to me.
The Steelers are legit as fuck (assuming Ben comes back healthy).

I demand respect! We went 2-1 without Ben, with one win coming against a top NFC team and the loss due to a shit ass kicker which is no longer a problem now that we have the Bossman!

For the record

10 teams > .500 (ARI, ATL, CAR, CIN, DEN, GB, MIN, NE, NYJ, PIT)
4 teams @ .500 (BUF, IND, NYG, PHI)
18 teams < .500

rando14

Cam's the 4th best QB in the league now?

I guess we're just gonna ignore the first 50+ minutes of last week's game, huh

eznark

Banned
At this point anyone leaving Cam off the list of great QBs is either trolling or doesn't watch much football.

cBj1LTf.png

Spinluck

The Steelers are legit as fuck (assuming Ben comes back healthy).

I demand respect! We went 2-1 without Ben, with one win coming against a top NFC team and the loss due to a shit ass kicker which is no longer a problem now that we have the Bossman!

Without a doubt. With Ben I think you guys are up there with NE. You guys were missing huge names opening night too. With the back up situation you guys have, you just pray you don't go under .500 in that run, and somehow you guys are managing!

Gonna have to see how he looks when he gets back. But Steelers should be in it as long as Ben stays healthy. As of now though, there aren't many good teams.

eznark

Banned
4th best QB in Pro Football Cam Newton: 55% completion 6.0 NY/A
Completely washed up Peyton Manning: 62% completion 5.8 NY/A

lolokeydokey

Spinluck

Squeeeeeeeeee motherfucker, Squeeeeeeeeee

Geaux Saints!

Luck has to look good this game since we'll be trying to recruit Payton.

Gonna outplay Brees, and we'll stop the game to commemorate Luck's accomplishment of being the fastest to reach 100 career INTs.

QB A: 55% completion percentage, 1078 yards, 215.6 yards per game, 8 TD, 4 Int, QB rating 83.2

QB B: 63.2% completion percentage, 1561 yards, 260.2 yards per game, 9 TD, 9 Int, QB rating 80

Cam isnt even close to being a great QB this year. Wins are a team stat not a QB stat.

Crisco

Banned
4th best QB in Pro Football Cam Newton: 55% completion 6.0 NY/A
Completely washed up Peyton Manning: 62% completion 5.8 NY/A

lolokeydokey

The problem with people evaluating Cam is they ignore his contributions in the run game. Evaluating him as a pure passer would be like ignoring Marshall Faulk's receiving stats and concluding he was just an average running back. It's not a serious analysis.

Also, not a single one of Cam's WR would even make Denver's roster, so again, not a serious comparison.

QB A: 55% completion percentage, 1078 yards, 215.6 yards per game, 8 TD, 4 Int, QB rating 83.2

QB B: 63.2% completion percentage, 1561 yards, 260.2 yards per game, 9 TD, 9 Int, QB rating 80

Cam isnt even close to being a great QB this year. Wins are a team stat not a QB stat.

Do you even watch football or just read box scores?

Tom Nook

SEA @ SF - I believe

BUF @ JAC (9:30AM - London)

CLE @ STL
MIN @ DET
HOU @ MIA
NO @ IND
PIT @ KC
NYJ @ NE - upset pick
TB @ WAS
ATL @ TEN

OAK @ SD
DAL @ NYG - NY will get the W.

PHI @ CAR - Bradford being sloppy again and Eagle D won't help them.

BAL @ ARI

The problem with people evaluating Cam is they ignore his contributions in the run game. Evaluating him as a pure passer would be like ignoring Marshall Faulk's receiving stats and concluding he was just an average running back. It's not a serious analysis.

Also, not a single one of Cam's WR would even make Denver's roster, so again, not a serious comparison.

I thought that good QBs make bad WR's better? Bradford is putting up better numbers then Cam with Riley fucking Cooper and Miles Austin. Bradford for MVP!

Hindl

The Eagles will lose, most of their fans are acting like their victory over the Giants was comparable to beating the Patriots, against a real team this week most of them will come back to Earth..

Who is saying that? Did you read the thread for the game? Everyone was calling the whole thing terrible and Bradford played like shit. Yeah the Eagles won but that was a shit game.

And putting Cam in that league was probably a mistake, but outside of those mentioned, Cam is probably one of the best QBs left. That reflects more on the state of the QB than Cam's talent though.

eznark

Banned

Do you even watch football or just read box scores?

He had 30 yards last week on the ground. Much contrib

Give me a break, so you watch the games? He has performed poorly overall this year and in 5 games they have played exactly ONE decent defense, and even that is looking suspect.

Crisco

Banned
I thought that good QBs make bad WR's better? Bradford is putting up better numbers then Cam with Riley fucking Cooper and Miles Austin. Bradford for MVP!

He is making bad WR's better. Ted Ginn has more touchdowns with Cam Newton then every other QB he's played with combined. Also, he can't do anything about drops. Devin Funchess has exactly one less drop then catch this year, and overall his receivers have failed to catch 53% of their targets.

He had 30 yards last week on the ground. Much contrib

Give me a break, so you watch the games? He has performed poorly overall this year and in 5 games they have played exactly ONE decent defense, and even that is looking suspect.

He's averaged 4.5 yards per rush, leads all QBs in rushing TDs, and his runs actually keep drives alive instead of just padding stats. Saying he's performed poorly proves you're the troll who doesn't watch games. Even Rodgers looked like ass when Cobb and JJ were the only NFL caliber receivers left on the field (still better than Cam's group).

eznark

Banned
He is making bad WR's better. Ted Ginn has more touchdowns with Cam Newton then every other QB he's played with combined. Also, he can't do anything about drops. Devin Funchess has exactly one less drop then catch this year, and overall his receivers have failed to catch 53% of their targets.

"Target" doesn't mean catchable ball.

Eagles WRs are right at the top for most drops as well.

#Bradford for MVP

Who is saying that? Did you read the thread for the game? Everyone was calling the whole thing terrible and Bradford played like shit. Yeah the Eagles won but that was a shit game.

And putting Cam in that league was probably a mistake, but outside of those mentioned, Cam is probably one of the best QBs left. That reflects more on the state of the QB than Cam's talent though.

A lot of fans around the net....

Top Bottom