• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 7 |OT| - A Fraud Swings His Gate

Don't get too excited, you're only beating up on the dregs of the league.

The problem with the SOS argument is the fact that all of the good teams have for the most part beat up on the dregs of the league.

The Falcons beat the NFC East and the Texans
The Broncos beat the Raiders, Lions, Ravens, Browns
The Packers beat the Seahawks, Bears, Chiefs, Niners
The Cards beat the Saints, Lions, Niners, Bears
The Bengals beat the Raiders, Ravens, Chiefs, Seahawks.

Everyone's beating bad teams because there are ALOT of bad teams.

That being said, the healthy cynicism around the Panthers is fair. Teams generally don't just jump from 7 wins in a season to 5 wins in 5 weeks after losing their best wide receiver for the season and best pass rusher for most of the season (there's been 0 talk about Charles Johnson being on IR)

Hell, I'm still skeptical myself that this is sustainable.

Crisco

Banned
Good news Eagles fans, ya'll should win easily next week because the Panthers are one of the worst teams in the NFC!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fancy-stats/wp/2015/10/19/carolina-panthers-are-not-for-real-even-after-the-win-in-seattle/

According to Pro Football Reference’s simple rating system, which takes into account average point differential and adjusts it for strength of schedule, the Panthers are the eighth best team in the conference with an SRS of 0.9. The teams ahead of them include the lowly Washington Redskins, who at 2-4 have an SRS of 1.0.

This is the NFL. If you can consistently win you are a good team, regardless of who you've played. If you reach 5 or 6 wins without losing I'm fine with saying you're a good team that could make a run in the playoffs. No one is saying the Panthers are the Patriots but what they've done is impressive.

cdyhybrid

The problem with the SOS argument is the fact that all of the good teams have for the most part beat up on the dregs of the league.

That being said, the healthy cynicism around the Panthers is fair. Teams generally don't just jump from 7 wins in a season to 5 wins in 5 weeks after losing their best wide receiver for the season and best pass rusher for most of the season (there's been 0 talk about Charles Johnson being on IR)

That's what I'm saying though, run into the Packers, Pats, or maybe even the Bengals in the playoffs and you guys are in trouble.

eznark

Banned
This is the NFL. If you can consistently win you are a good team, regardless of who you've played. If you reach 5 or 6 wins without losing I'm fine with saying you're a good team that could make a run in the playoffs. No one is saying the Panthers are the Patriots but what they've done is impressive.

No it isn't. Same with the Packers and Broncos. Patriots have been impressive because of how they've won, but the record itself is whatever.

If the Panthers win 2 of their next 3, then I will be impressed.

Hunter S.

They have turned out bad, so far. Interestingly, a lot of theses teams mentioned were good/playoff teams last year. The Ravens, Seahawks, Lions, 49ers. Hell, many NFL experts prognosticated the Chiefs to be kings of the West. To me, it just seems that a lot of teams that were good have gone to shit. The Chargers possibly could be included here.

Crisco

Banned
You're posting fucking Bleacher Report as evidence?

There's actually been Cam MVP articles from all the major news outlets, including ESPN, CBS, Fox Sports, etc.... I think it's mostly people trying to clickbait Packers and Patriots fans, which is fine with me!

No, I just Binged "Calvin Johnson" and that was a cool pic I found. I was actually originally going for a Shirtless Megatron pic but settled with that because of how awesome the play looked.

I thought me and Yankee were cool despite out Eric Ebron WR-TE debate from last year but I guess not. We'll be looking at a 5-5 record when we play the Eagles on Thanksgiving so it'll be a huge game.

We are cool, I just call you out when you post dumb stuff.

Good news Eagles fans, ya'll should win easily next week because the Panthers are one of the worst teams in the NFC!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fancy-stats/wp/2015/10/19/carolina-panthers-are-not-for-real-even-after-the-win-in-seattle/

Eagles are 4th best wooooooooooooooooooooo

You're posting fucking Bleacher Report as evidence?

Ez asked about the Cam for MVP talk. Just search for it, tons of articles will come up. That was just the first one.

I don't watch College football are there any QBs that look like they have potential?

I don't know if the guy from Utah is any good but he does look like a real life Shane Falco for whatever it's worth
Utah.jpeg

Line_HTX

Vernon will probably get a slap on the wrist fine for targeting Mariota's knee.

Gotta watch out for those Dolphins front four.

That's what I'm saying though, run into the Packers, Pats, or maybe even the Bengals in the playoffs and you guys are in trouble.

But you don't know that.
Because we don't really know how good any of those teams truly are because they've played mostly bad teams too.

But the Panthers play the Eagles, Colts, Packers over the next three weeks. We will see how good or bad they really are.

No it isn't. Same with the Packers and Broncos. Patriots have been impressive because of how they've won, but the record itself is whatever.

If the Panthers win 2 of their next 3, then I will be impressed.
Well maybe it's possible that a Dolphins fan and a Packers fan have different meanings of the word "impressive."

It's not like anyone is saying the Panthers are a SB favorite all of a sudden. The team has obvious flaws. Regardless, I personally think stringing together 5 or 6 wins in this league is impressive and I don't see why they couldn't make an improbable run.

Spinluck

He looked okay.

Some of his passes sailed on him, and he wasn't entirely accurate. No picks though which was good.

Kinda agree with Terrell Davis in that we anointed him before he was realistically due for it. Plus he's a turnover machine of the highest order. Prior to the game on Sunday Night he was at 5 TDs and 7 Ints which was actually worse than Peyton through their first three games respectively. PM = 5 TDs, 3 Ints with a higher comp%.

Now Luck is at 8 TDs and 7 Ints through 4 games, which if PM did that the world would be on fire like it is now, with 7 TDs and 10 Ints through 6 games.

Last year he made strides towards cleaning that up, but it seems like he's back on track to put up some ints this year.

Luck is obviously more capable than PM at this point, but he's got some real issues and teeters between being elite at times and mediocre at other times. I'll give him his due, when he earns it, but right now I'm not sure what he turns out to be. Maybe coaching and experience will improve him as time wears on.

I was only comparing him to the rest of his play this season. He's by no means where I'd like him to be. If we ran the ball like we should've, he'd probably look even better. But instead we had him throwing 50 times even though it was clear that he was struggling to hit guys later in the game and that he did not have full confidence in his arm.

Last year he didn't start the season injured, and Pagano and the coaching staff weren't walking on eggshells. This year, the O-line started off much worse than last year, and this came with a ton of problems outside of Luck's play. He hasn't looked good, but they can turn it around if he can improve. Albeit, his WRs did save him from a few INTs in the second half, but I also blame Pagano for abandoning what was working for Luck after his 4th&3 in favor of going for a type of offense that never worked against NE. Story of our season, abysmal coaching in the highest order. If not for the AFCS rallying together to keep Pagano employed we are sub .500.

Assuming Luck continues to improve, I can see the offense opening up game after game. We just need to stop dropping the run game when its been good to us.

Checked out that halo 5 hype thread and the guy mentioned Hunt the truth podcast. So decided to check it out while I did random stuff.

Brehhhhhhhhssss I've listened to about 8 eps it's a really good listen and story so far. If your getting halo 5 i definetly recommend it. If you've followed the story at all or followed any of the lore it's really cool. Even if not, it's really just a good general listen so far. Honestly can't see how anyone wouldn't enjoy this! Halo fan or not! It's just good sci fi, only a shitty person would hate it! Bread don't make me think you're shit! It's a documentary format, a reporter doing a story on the history snd beginning of the MC. Deep conspiracy stuff ensues

If your in your basement just researching conspiracy stories like snes then for sure check this out too!

jakncoke

Banned
Checked out that halo 5 hype thread and the guy mentioned Hunt the truth podcast. So decided to check it out while I did random stuff.

Brehhhhhhhhssss I've listened to about 8 eps it's a really good listen and story so far. If your getting halo 5 i definetly recommend it. If you've followed the story at all or followed any of the lore it's really cool. Even if not, it's really just a good general listen so far. Honestly can't see how anyone wouldn't enjoy this! Halo fan or not! It's just good sci fi, only a shitty person would hate it! Bread don't make me think you're shit! It's a documentary format, a reporter doing a story on the history snd beginning of the MC. Deep conspiracy stuff ensues

If your in your basement just researching conspiracy stories like snes then for sure check this out too!

lold

Realistically there's a couple guys that can go in the top of the draft 1-2 , 3rd too also.

Goff
Cook
Hackenberg still
Paxton lynch
Jacoby brissett
Cardale jones ( hell if Logan Thomas went in the 3rd someone will still take a chance on him)

jakncoke

Banned
I dunno, I think Hack will slip to 4th or worse. He just hasnt advanced and corrected any of his flaws still. Unless some team think they can do what current penn st staff has failed to do.

eznark

Banned
I dunno, I think Hack will slip to 4th or worse. He just hasnt advanced and corrected any of his flaws still. Unless some team think they can do what current penn st staff has failed to do.

Know who is both terrible at evaluating QB's and thinks highly of his ability to develop QB's?

images

Line_HTX

Black Ops has a better story.

*Throws sticky on BG as I die waiting to respawn

I haven't started the second season yet but yeah, the first season was fantastic.

jakncoke

Banned
Know who is both terrible at evaluating QB's and thinks highly of his ability to develop QB's?

images

In his defense he did help McGloin go from udfa camp cut in rookie year to a back up in the nfl, perhaps he needs to go back to the college level

Line_HTX

You have failed me spectacularly, making me think Hackenberg is the best. I finally start watching for real and he looks like super booty.

dionysus

Yaldog
Colts fans can fuck off about recruiting Payton. Why would he want to go to a team with a bad roster and declining QB play to another team with a bad roster and declining QB play?

Team docs will just prescribe him some more drugs and he will stay content at the Saints.

Top Bottom