• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 8 |OT| - A Fraud Knows What He Likes

bionic77

Wasn't there talk of Tannehill not being allowed to change the play?

Having said that, after the game Tomsula said Kaep has the ability to change the play but who knows if that's just him throwing the QB under the bus because he knows nobody will defend Kaep.
You can't run an offense in 2015 if the qb has no options to change or adjust at the line.

Unless you are deadset on calling 3 pass plays and running it on every down, which I think we can all agree doesn't work anymore.

Even with that abysmal showing against the Pats the Dolphins still have a shot at a wildcard. The AFC is a mess outside of the top three.

Jets are 4-3 but have lost two straight and are without Fitzmagic.

Steelers are 4-4 with two straight losses and no more Bell.

Raiders are 4-3 but they're a young team learning how to win (also they play Pitt this weekend).

Bills are 3-4 with two straight losses and tons of injuries.

Then you have the Dolphins at 3-4. Granted, the loss of Wake could end the team if they can't find a way to generate a pass rush, but at least they still have a shot. This weekend's game against the Bills is huge.

Crisco

Banned
Where is Ez?

I want him to make sense of all this.

Not much to make sense of. The Packers offense has actually been pretty bad this year, it's just been masked by playing against bad teams and the defense making big plays. The Broncos just exposed them a little.

But don't take my word for it,

“It’s kind of been a problem for us all year,” right guard T.J. Lang said. “Our defense has hid a lot of our flaws on offense for us winning some games for us.

BigAT

How Andre Williams continues to get playing time despite being the 4th best RB on the Giants roster is a mystery to me. He can't catch, he doesn't pass block well, he has terrible patience and even worse vision. He has one of the worst yards/attempt averages in the entire NFL, yet he still sees snaps in meaningful situations.

The Giants have seemingly fallen into the fallacy that bigger guys must be great short yardage backs.

How Andre Williams continues to get playing time despite being the 4th best RB on the Giants roster is a mystery to me. He can't catch, he doesn't pass block well, he has terrible patience and even worse vision. He has one of the worst yards/attempt averages in the entire NFL, yet he still sees snaps in meaningful situations.

The Giants have seemingly fallen into the fallacy that bigger guys must be great short yardage backs.
This one really boggles my mind. I would have loved to have Williams coming out of BC, dude was just a monster that looked like a man playing against kids at the collegiate level. I guess that's just how it goes with RBs sometimes, NFL is a tough transition.

Striker

Jordan Raanan ‏@JordanRaanan 28s29 seconds ago

Trevin Wade and Jayron Hosley targeted 11 times, per @PFF. Allowed 11 catches, 216 yards and 4 TDs
Two dudes who have no business on NFL rosters, much less starting.

squicken

Sando on GB. Insider
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insi...n-bay-packers-need-more-offensive-weapons-nfl
The Broncos pressured Rodgers on 63 percent of pass plays, the highest rate any team has pressured the QB over the past seven seasons, according to ESPN Stats & Information.

---

"These weaknesses Denver exposed are on video now," the defensive coach said, "but it still feels like we are looking for loose stitches on a Lamborghini's dashboard. They are going to be 12-4, play at home in the playoffs and struggle against elite defenses. That is what happened when they played Seattle last year anyway."

DMczaf

Happy loss-ery Monday

Bucs didn't lose.

Bucs won.

Bucs won hard.

v5jadRY.gif

Greg

I really did not see Denver just smashing GB like that. It was pretty much like the Pats whoop the Colts on the regular. As far as the Aaron 0-23 stat, I think it is clear that if GB doesn't have it to start with, they never will

When people say Rodgers needs to gamble more and risk INTs, I think that 2nd half is what they are talking about. At some point you have to play Flacco-ball and pray for a DPI. I mean less than 100 yards passing what is there to lose other than a pretty INT rate?
did you watch the game - was there even time to gamble? because a blind throw leading to a turnover is exactly what that defense needed last night!

Respect

And Brady is the one that supposedly doesn't show up against elite defenses >_>

Elite defense always tend to win out though, especially in the playoffs. Refs tend to swallow the whistle and let things go, especially with letting DB's get away with illegal contact/holding. They don't' want to be the one to decide a game.

dionysus

Yaldog
Feels weird. Saints are back in the playoff picture and the NFCS is a decent division again.

Too bad even if we make it we will lose in the first round.

Farooq

Banned
Reading that Dez was upset at how he was depicted by Fox during Lockett's injury. He wasn't talking to any Seahawks players he was talking to the refs, and when the injury happened he got with Sherman and Thomas and kneeled down and prayed. Apparently the reason for his outburst against reporters after the game.

Also hearing that the clip of Dez jarring at the refs wasn't real time, but happened much earlier.

Reading that Dez was upset at how he was depicted by Fox during Lockett's injury. He wasn't talking to any Seahawks players he was talking to the refs, and when the injury happened he got with Sherman and Thomas and kneeled down and prayed. Apparently the reason for his outburst against reporters after the game.

Also hearing that the clip of Dez jarring at the refs wasn't real time, but happened much earlier.

Eh.

Dez is passionate about the game. Personally I find it refreshing.

Farooq

Banned
Eh.

Dez is passionate about the game. Personally I find it refreshing.

Yea but to depict him taunting Lockett or Seahawks players is pretty low. Then when he gets upset at that depiction (from questions after the game), to suggest he is some loose cannon because he told reporters to go fuck themselves is also low.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Even though I kind of expected a loss last night to the Broncos, it feels shitty man. Packers looked fucking horrendous on offense. Receivers weren't able to get any separation or get open all night. I'm not sure what needs to be done, but shit it sure would be nice to go out there and try and make a trade for a playmaker, though I know that is wishful thinking, I just don't see us going very far in the playoffs with this offense right now.

Unlike Hardy Dez is a decent person on the inside. He's exactly the kind of guy you want on your football team. GB could use a guy like that.

Even though I kind of expected a loss last night to the Broncos, it feels shitty man. Packers looked fucking horrendous on offense. Receivers weren't able to get any separation or get open all night. I'm not sure what needs to be done, but shit it sure would be nice to go out there and try and make a trade for a playmaker, though I know that is wishful thinking, I just don't see us going very far in the playoffs with this offense right now.

All according to keikaku.

Eli-Manning-funny-face.jpg

Panic, lol.

Sometimes you want to take a knife and stab the record books to get rid of the stupidest stats ever.

Sort of like how BG will stab you if you shit on the future number one pick in the Draft again.. Biiiiiiiiiiiitch

god they will do it. I know they will. If they draft him... Keep Flip please

Top Bottom