• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 8 |OT| - A Fraud Knows What He Likes

eznark

Banned
Watt being 10% of the salary cap isn't the problem though. And you know that, you're just trolling.

I actually think allocating 10% of your cap to any single defensive position, much less a defensive end, is a huge issue. It's certainly not the issue this year, but as they look to actually build a football team (I assume that is on their agenda at some point?) it will be.

Crisco

Banned
I am so proud of my Panthers this year. Really are a bunch of scrappy, over achieveing players.

Bang the drum on Monday!

Team isn't really over achieving, granted no one would have predicted 6-0 at this point, but this was at least a 10-11 win team that was headed to the playoffs even after the KB injury. We were clearly the most talented and deepest roster in the NFC South before the season started.

Malalaw

Team isn't really over achieving, granted no one would have predicted 6-0 at this point, but this was at least a 10-11 team that was headed to the playoffs even after the KB injury. We were clearly the most talented and deepest roster in the NFC South before the season started.

Yeah you guys have the best roster in the division for sure. Saints will get there, they are just really young and finally getting the veterans playing again, mostly on the defensive side. Gonna take a bit for everyone to gel.

MechDX

Watts contract at 10% is nothing. Look at SuhS deal with Miami. Texans are not in any kind of bad cap situation and the cap will continue to raise. Texans move on from Arian next year and they are in great shape with quite a bit of room.

If he had hit the open market he would have gotten a lot more.

Kind of funny the biggest trolls here are Packer, Giant and Steeler fans. Makes the Pats fans look modest and humble in comparison

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
You sure do take the bait!
Taking the bait would not acknowledge that he is in fact trolling and getting all pissed off at his comment.
Is it because he doesn't have a 7.2 home theater system?
Whut?

Kind of funny the biggest trolls here are Packer, Giant and Steeler fans

for fans of such winning organizations they sure do focus a lot on the Texans.

eznark

Banned
Watts contract at 10% is nothing. Look at SuhS deal with Miami. Texans are not in any kind of bad cap situation and the cap will continue to raise. Texans move on from Arian next year and they are in great shape with quite a bit of room.

If he had hit the open market he would have gotten a lot more.

Kind of funny the biggest trolls here are Packer, Giant and Steeler fans. Makes the Pats fans look modest and humble in comparison

Suh takes up 4.6% this year. 6th on the team.

Spinluck

I think they are pretty funny.

As big as a troll as ez is he actually backs up most of what he says unlike a lot of people here that just say shit.

I actually think allocating 10% of your cap to any single defensive position, much less a defensive end, is a huge issue. It's certainly not the issue this year, but as they look to actually build a football team (I assume that is on their agenda at some point?) it will be.
You think ol' Teddy would have let Watt hit the FA market or something?

I would have traded him for someone at a more useful position and some picks.
I don't think any GM would let Watt go but I'm inclined to agree with you. It doesn't make sense to lock up a huge percentage of your cap in a DE, even a once a generation talent like Watt.

Also, please don't post % of cap for Suh the next few years...

eznark

Banned
I don't think any GM would let Watt go but I'm inclined to agree with you. It doesn't make sense to lock up a huge percentage of your cap in a DE, even a once a generation talent like Watt.

Also, please don't post % of cap for Suh the next few years...

Can't, we don't know what the cap will be.

captive

Then where is your criticism of Clay Mathews contract? His cap hit this year is damn near 10% too. and only goes up the next few years.

Was just trolling that you were all up in arms about a 2.0 home theater system in that other thread.

was a joke. But to be fair calling your home theater a home theater when you don't even have a center channel is laughable.

captive

Clay Matthews makes too much money.

Price of doing business. For as much as you like to call Ted a robot, he's not a dumbass. You don't let a top flight defensive player walk, unless he has shown decline, while you have the best QB in the league. Is that defense near as good as it is without Clay this year? He seems to be doing a lot for them between playing outside, playing inside etc.

eznark

Banned
Price of doing business. For as much as you like to call Ted a robot, he's not a dumbass. You don't let a top flight defensive player walk, unless he has shown decline, while you have the best QB in the league. Is that defense near as good as it is without Clay this year? He seems to be doing a lot for them between playing outside, playing inside etc.

You solved the riddle

jmdajr

Clay Matthews never did get popped for over training syndrome.

Over training syndrome Brian Cushing was the best.

cushing-mean-mug.gif

It should be fun, problem with me is that shipping to/from me costs a shitton.

Yeah we do have a lot of euros, it would be lame to limit it to gift cards or something small. Of course if you moved down here and brought the euros with you this wouldn't be an issue.

#JustSaying.

Wouldn't be hard to estimate but I don't want to know so I'm not going to.

Dawn apparently made it cap friendly, there are ways Miami can move money around. I read an article about it I'll have to look it up (Not that I endorse the signing)

eznark

Banned
So which is it? Clay makes too much money or they did the right thing keeping him?

Clay got paid, along with bringing in Peppers, extending Jordy and Cobb and Shields, after they team was established. Ted has structured a team that has a QB for life, which means he'll get paid whatever he wants but it'll be in a cap friendly manner and 3-5 contracts will come due every year.

When you are trying to build a team from essentially nothing you can't dump that much money into a DE when you have holes at every other position on the team. He was a fantastic asset (still is) and should be swapped for a bunch of really good assets while he is still at peak value.

Texans problem is that they have nothing resembling a competent QB, and no real blueprint to get one anytime soon. I think what Ez is saying is that having a terrible team with a great, generational high priced DE is stil having a terrible team. Like, you are putting windows on the house before the foundation is set. Teams are built from the QB out in the NFL. There are the teams that have one and everyone else. It's highly likely that Watt will either be past his prime, or on another team, or both, before the Texans are anything resembling a contender.

Texans problem is that they have nothing resembling a competent QB, and no real blueprint to get one anytime soon. I think what Ez is saying is that having a terrible team with a great, generational high priced DE is stil having a terrible team. Like, you are putting windows on the house before the foundation is set. Teams are built from the QB out in the NFL. There are the teams that have one and everyone else. It's highly likely that Watt will either be past his prime, or on another team, or both, before the Texans are anything resembling a contender.

I feel the opposite. Most Super Bowl teams are built from the defense out. Problem is the Texans have Watt and nothing else. They are wasting their time and his career when they could have gotten some value for him to build up that defense.

One guy at any position in the NFL ain't doin shit.

captive

Clay got paid, along with bringing in Peppers, extending Jordy and Cobb and Shields, after they team was established. Ted has structured a team that has a QB for life, which means he'll get paid whatever he wants but it'll be in a cap friendly manner and 3-5 contracts will come due every year.

When you are trying to build a team from essentially nothing you can't dump that much money into a DE when you have holes at every other position on the team. He was a fantastic asset (still is) and should be swapped for a bunch of really good assets while he is still at peak value.
this isn't baseball where teams give up loads of players/picks for one guy. Who's going to give up what he's worth? No one, you're going to get pennies on the dollar. You might as well keep him, there are loads of examples of teams turning it around after a year. But they need to get rid of Rick Smith at minimum, he's missed far too many times on the mid rounds.

nice to have a game that NFLGAF can rally around. We had one of the GOAT comebacks in Halo history today, reminiscent of Tom Brady in the 4th quarter of SBXLIX

I use up my daily quota of deaths in the campaign so I can beast at Warzone. It's the law of averages.

Raining down hell from above in the Banshee = jacking into the opposition headsets and listening to their playcalls.
We needa get some games of breakout in

Top Bottom