• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 8 |OT| - A Fraud Knows What He Likes

Line_HTX

ACK! What the fuck is that scary looking shit?!

Someone I talked to the other day said the Peyton Manning to Houston deal was 100% fact.

image.php

Line_HTX

Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26 2m2 minutes ago

TJ Yates and Brian Cushing at #Texans practice.

CSa7sV5VAAEcZg0.jpg:large

About to hold hands and make up.

squicken

Packers have Daniels and Matthews. No one else will sniff the pro bowl.
f.

Why would Shields and Sitton not make another Pro Bowl? Cobb I can see b/c of how great the WR position is now around the league. But no one else on that OL? Peppers won't eek out one last Pro Bowl?

Line_HTX

Packers have Daniels and Matthews. No one else will sniff the pro bowl.

Fire Ted Thompson.

On offense they have Rodgers and...... James Jones maybe? Possibly Linsley?

Fire Ted Thompson.

Weird excuse for the Eagles since Chip's scheme is supposed to be personnel proof.

It's not like that, lol. Smith's picks in the late rounds have consistently bombed for years.

Yes, Fire Ted Thompson just because I want him gone and I say so.
/s

:p

squicken

Are they saying that the Eagles dont have enough talent on offense? Lane could be a pro bowler, Kelce has been and could get back to that. Ertz has a ton of talent, even though he has to stay in and help block to much, the RB's are really good and could be pro bowlers, if the Wr's could catch Bradford would definitely be putting up pro bowl numbers. The areas on offense that they are lacking are the guards and the WRs. Get guys that can catch and they would be a top offense this year, even with the OL problems.

They were talking about the WRs. Spoke about the 2008 Eagles. Reggie Brown was coming off a good rookie year and they had just signed Kevin Curtis. That team had a lot of drops. Everyone said it would eventually stop but it just turned out that those guys weren't good. Eagles beat writers seem to increasingly think that the offense just isn't going to turn it around. Mostly b/c of Bradford, but also b/c the WRs just can't catch

I agree about Lane for sure, Kelce idk. He's had a bad year and isn't old, but isn't young anymore. Ertz has talent and is the one guy I think would have better numbers with a better QB. Mathews is, at best, a good slot guy who can't play outside

They were talking about the WRs. Spoke about the 2008 Eagles. Reggie Brown was coming off a good rookie year and they had just signed Kevin Curtis. That team had a lot of drops. Everyone said it would eventually stop but it just turned out that those guys weren't good. Eagles beat writers seem to increasingly think that the offense just isn't going to turn it around. Mostly b/c of Bradford, but also b/c the WRs just can't catch

I agree about Lane for sure, Kelce idk. He's had a bad year and isn't old, but isn't young anymore. Ertz has talent and is the one guy I think would have better numbers with a better QB. Mathews is, at best, a good slot guy who can't play outside

If the WRs could catch Bradford would be doing great. Resign Bradford right now, and work on getting guys that can catch next year. Hell try and trade for Megatron/Jefferys right now. Use the bye to get them up to speed.

Dragon

Banned

I've always been puzzled why the Eagles just let Maclin go. How much money was he asking for? Just seems crazy compared to what talent they had on the offensive side of the ball a few years ago.

I've always been puzzled why the Eagles just let Maclin go. How much money was he asking for? Just seems crazy compared to what talent they had on the offensive side of the ball a few years ago.

I am puzzled that people still think they didnt try to sign him. They offered him close to what he got in KC, Maclin wanted to play closer to home and also be back with Reid.

MechDX

"Mine says that it’s a partnership and any decisions that are made are with the concurrence of the GM," O'Brien on his contract. #Texans

Kind of odd to bring up in a press conference. Don't know context though

eznark

Banned
Why would Shields and Sitton not make another Pro Bowl? Cobb I can see b/c of how great the WR position is now around the league. But no one else on that OL? Peppers won't eek out one last Pro Bowl?

Pro Bowl linemen generally come from teams with a good running game. I don't necessarily see him making it this year because the line as a whole has struggled. I'd bet Linsley over him, just because Frederick and Kelce are struggling.

Shields has not been great. Peppers has been generally invisible 4 of the 6 games. I mean, he might make it but it won't be based on talent.

Using pro bowls as a barometer for or indication of anything is idiotic.

squicken

There seems to be some weird stuff that went on last year. Chip didn't try and extend Maclin, but did try and sign him during the offseason. But at some point last year, Chip decided he was done with Foles and Barkley, and needed to redo his offense. It's almost like he brought Sanchez back b/c he hated him the least

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
Ted Thompson is literally a robot and refers to players as assets. He removed Favre, Jennings, Williams, Woodson, Ryan Grant, Scott Wells, Kampman, etc. when they were no longer useful.

Not a lot of quit up in GB though.

GM's job is to treat guys like assets. Coaches job is to make them feel like part of a team.

Do you think Thompson will drop Rodgers before he's ready to quit? Thompson definitely would have gotten rid of Peyton Manning before this season.

eznark

Banned
Do you think Thompson will drop Rodgers before he's ready to quit? Thompson definitely would have gotten rid of Peyton Manning before this season.

He'll drop Rodgers the second a more efficient option becomes available. Though I assume he'll retire before that happens.

squicken

Is this how the people of Florida really live?

http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2015/10/zola-twitter-insane-epic-story

e:

Bruce Arians is stanning Tim Couch as we speak

Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot
Love that #Cardinals Arians continues to defend Tim Couch: 'I still think he's one of the most underrated players, took us to playoffs'

Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot
In fact, #Cardinals Arians believes Butch Davis fired him 'because I was Tim Couch supporter'

Arians also said in 2009 he was supposed to get an interview but they went and hired Mangini w/o ever talking to him, which is pretty Browns but still low on the overall Browns board

Top Bottom