• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 8 |OT| - A Fraud Knows What He Likes

Fox318

I'm coming back for my NFL-GAF Crown. Keep it warm, because it's coming to daddy

ltZ4fvG.gif

UTL5sNt.gif

Line_HTX

Hmm, scrolling through Twitter...

Watt minor back injury and will play against Titans. Dodged question regarding 1st half.

On Clowney's 1st sack, you're expected to get sacks in this defense. That's your job.

CSbB8tOUEAA70Nd.jpg:large

BOB: Bob McNair has final say in everything. That's why we call him the owner.

Contract concurrence with Smith. At least they're talking together about stuff.

Blue is fine and will play. Won't talk about lack of speed on defense.

O'Brien on Clowney: "He's getting better. He's a disruptive player. The more he plays, the better he'll get. He's still a rookie because he didn't play much last year." First sack is the first step, I suppose.

Hoyer says he doesn't think it's appropriate to offer his opinion on Mallet being late. "I'm not going to comment."

Farooq

Banned
If the WRs could catch Bradford would be doing great. Resign Bradford right now, and work on getting guys that can catch next year. Hell try and trade for Megatron/Jefferys right now. Use the bye to get them up to speed.

Over the past two drafts the Eagles spent 3 picks in the top 100 on WRs. That is already a significant investment. Gotta wait and see if the picks pan out.

Farooq

Banned
Pro Bowl linemen generally come from teams with a good running game. I don't necessarily see him making it this year because the line as a whole has struggled. I'd bet Linsley over him, just because Frederick and Kelce are struggling.

Shields has not been great. Peppers has been generally invisible 4 of the 6 games. I mean, he might make it but it won't be based on talent.

Using pro bowls as a barometer for or indication of anything is idiotic.

Frederick isn't struggling.

Over the past two drafts the Eagles spent 3 picks in the top 100 on WRs. That is already a significant investment. Gotta wait and see if the picks pan out.

Yeah that is a good point. It just sucks to see guys like Matthews drop so many passes. They need one guy that Bradford can count on to catch in big spots. It looked like Austin might be that guy on Sunday, as sad as that is, but then he had a killer drop on the last drive. They need to bring in Jerry Rice to teach the young guys how to use stickum.

Malalaw

Bad to the bone.
Bad to the bone.

Buh-buh-buh-buh-buh-buh-buh-BAD~
Buh-buh-buh-buh-buh-buh-buh-BAD~

New blood joins this team,
And quickly he's released.
Through constant tardiness,
The young boy learns their rules.

With time the child came in.
Even though the time was wrong.
Deprived of all his starts
The young man struggles on and on he's known
A vow unto his own,
That never from this day
On the Texans he will stay.

What he's felt,
What he's known
Never shined but overthrown.
Never be.
Never see.
Won't see what might have been.

What he's felt,
What he's known
Never shined through in what he's shown.
Now he's free.
Laddidee.
So I dub thee Ryan Mallett.

supa-hot-fire.gif

squicken

Yeah that is a good point. It just sucks to see guys like Matthews drop so many passes. They need one guy that Bradford can count on to catch in big spots. It looked like Austin might be that guy on Sunday, as sad as that is, but then he had a killer drop on the last drive. They need to bring in Jerry Rice to teach the young guys how to use stickum.

I really think Austin was exhausted by the end. Cooper had the bad knee and was just a blocker most of the game, so Austin was playing near every snap.

I didn't see much of Matthews last year, but what I have seen this year is not impressive. I'm sure his job was easier with Maclin pulling people deep. Cosell was talking about the Eagles really needing to use the bye week to scheme open more deep shots, as no player had the ability to get deep on his own

Farooq

Banned
Damn, Matthews has missed a lot of time since 2010 too.

He is an athletic freak. Great shuttle and 3-cone times.

In most cases, OLB pass rushers with a 3-cone above 7 seconds are pretty terrible, unless they can demonstrate explosion with their jumps.

Damn, Matthews has missed a lot of time since 2010 too.
JPP hasn't been healthy for a long stretch of his career either. He's only technically missed 5 games but he might as well have been absent for most of 2013 with the back issues he had. He had to have surgery in the offseason and then finally started to look like his old self in the last 6 games last season.

It's ashame about the fireworks situation. I'm really curious to see how far he can come back from it. He's still a complete physical freak and is only 26. Lots of mileage left.

#Giants DE Jason Pierre-Paul can earn up to $8.7M on his 1-year deal, source said. Prorated tag number. Low guarantee, reachable incentives

So he can earn up to the full amount of what was remaining of the franchise tender. Giants saved about 6.5 million in cap space then and if he doesn't hit the incentives, no harm no foul.

MechDX

I am so proud of my Panthers this year. Really are a bunch of scrappy, over achieveing players.

Bang the drum on Monday!

Seems I'm not the only one that thought Forte to the Broncos would be a good move for both.

Forte, who is set to hit free agency this offseason, is a good runner and a good receiver -- he's everything you want on a short-term basis. I think it'd be easy enough for the veteran back to adjust to a new scheme in-season; in fact, I think he'd be a pretty good fit for Gary Kubiak's system. I would think he could learn the system and his responsibilities quickly, especially with the jolt of extra motivation that comes from joining an elite team. Forte will turn 30 in December and is in his eighth pro season, but he looks every bit as good today as he did coming out of Tulane, with 507 rushing yards (sixth-most in the NFL) and 698 yards from scrimmage (fourth-most). Denver's 30th-ranked ground game could really use a back of Forte's caliber. If I were the Bears, I'd hope to get a third-round pick for him, but in this trade market, I could see him moving for a fourth. Of course, the Broncos traded away their fourth-round pick last April, so that could get tricky. Adding Forte would take priority over adding a tight end like Davis.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...to-broncos-among-trades-that-would-make-sense

Top Bottom