• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 8 |OT| - A Fraud Knows What He Likes

Farooq

Banned
haha well during games or right after I can't be relied upon to be rational. It also is kind of pointless to write out or link or put up stuff like that post you just mentioned since no one else read it. So the half formed thoughts go up!

As far as the coach/QB thing, I've always thought both Young and Montana greatly benefited from playing away from Walsh. Without giving the Chiefs their greatest success in a long while, it always would have nagged whether Joe was just a plug and play guy in the WCO

For Brady, it's just striking the record they had in his lost season. But Dallas falls apart without Romo and the Colts go from home field advantage to the first pick w/o Peyton. It's not about Casell and CPaint, it's how good Belichick is vs his peers

Pats/Cowboys game was an interesting showcase of coaching. Marinelli went to the well a bit too much with his 3-2-5 package, and the Pats adjusted really well. Slant/Flat (rub), Slant/Wheel (rub), and Claiborne was getting abused by Edelman running drives and digs.

On the other side of the ball, the offensive coaches were hamstrung by Weeden and Belicheck knew this. Stack the boxes, take away Witten and Beasely on 3rd down, and force Williams and Street to win their match ups. There were opportunities for Weeden, but Weeden needed to make his throws and he didn't. So when the Cowboys actually sustain a drive into Pats territory, but stalls, Garrett decides to kick a FG.

squicken

Pats/Cowboys game was an interesting showcase of coaching. Marinelli went to the well a bit too much with his 3-2-5 package, and the Pats adjusted really well. Slant/Flat (rub), Slant/Wheel (rub), and since Claiborne was getting abused by Edelman Flanker Dig against Cover 1.

The thing about the Pats is that it isn't hard to stop that offense ... except they have Gronk. He almost removes a defender from the middle of the field b/c he needs to be double teamed. One thing I have seen some teams do, but maybe could do more often, is have the DEs and LBs rush upfield to take away the easy throwing lane on the passes to flat. Give the CBs a chance on all the pick plays

As much as I like Wade Phillips, I don't think he is going to be able to match wits with NE's brain trust. Aside from from the Jets, the defenses I really want to see go against NE are in the NFC.

The thing about the Pats is that it isn't hard to stop that offense ... except they have Gronk. He almost removes a defender from the middle of the field b/c he needs to be double teamed. One thing I have seen some teams do, but maybe could do more often, is have the DEs and LBs rush upfield to take away the easy throwing lane on the passes to flat. Give the CBs a chance on all the pick plays

As much as I like Wade Phillips, I don't think he is going to be able to match wits with NE's brain trust. Aside from from the Jets, the defenses I really want to see go against NE are in the NFC.

Dion Jordan used to cover gronk and he did a decent job, had the size and speed, too bad he was a druggy :(

MechDX

s
I have seen Wades defense go against Brady and the Pats....it isn't pretty. Dinking and dunking you into submission

All I see in wades face is "wish I knew what a zone defense was"

Spinluck

Colts had a great gamelan against Gronk until both of their Safetys went down. Gronk didn't have a catch in the first half of that game.

Farooq

Banned

I agree that Gronk requires a double. Byron Jones is a rare freak athlete and he did alright. Pats countered Jones overtop coverage with routes that allowed Gronk to body Jones. They countered Jones outside leverage with Slants. Gronk had a hard time getting seperation from Jones aside from his 4 catches. They did try running him on some deeper stuff, but Brady was shook from the pressure and never took a shot

I think the Broncos will be able generate pressure, but do they have anyone to man up on Gronk?

Godslay

Banned
Pumpkin flavored candy corn is so good. I am amazed that there are people who have never had swedish fish. Man they are good. Glad to see my state reppin such a good candy.

Hey squicken what is your twitter id? I would love to follow you.

What's your Twitter Name?

Godslay

Banned
omg wtf your new avatar. His eyes/nose/mouth shifted up is horrifying

O7CVNqi.png
O7CVNqi.png

If you cross your eyes, he's 3D.

jakncoke

Banned
Money is the same, who do you want for the next 5 years. Presumably with a decent coaching staff

Cousins, Cutler or Stafford?

Cousins will be a backup
Cutler, will he last the next 5 years?
Stafford is average and you wont win no OWLs but if i had to choose Stafford would be it as sad as that is

Farooq

Banned
Money is the same, who do you want for the next 5 years. Presumably with a decent coaching staff

What type of Offense?

I am not taking Cutler in anything that requires him to time his drops with routes. I mean, there was a play last year against the Saints (Cosell may have touched on this), 3 step drop and Bennet on an out to the right. 3 step drops arn't full field reads, but after Cutler's drop he looks at Bennett doesn't throw the ball and starts looking at the other side of the field and eventually throws the ball away.

It is a 3 step drop, the ball is suppose to be out quick. His receiver was open, why didn't he throw the ball? He starts reading the other side of the field. Precise offenses and Cutler don't work.

Cousins and it isnt even a question. Cutler and Stafford have both proven to be failures in the NFL. Give me the guy that might not be a failure over the 2 guys that I am sure are any fucking day.

What's your Twitter Name?

This is going to sound really stupid but I dont know. I have it set to just come to my personal email. I think it is yankeeh8er, but I am not sure. I just use it to follow people, I never actually tweet anything unless it is for xbox releated contests.

squicken

My first inclination was to dismiss Cousins, but as I thought about it, he is the one guy I think can at least hit all the short throws he is supposed to hit. In no way is that some endorsement of Cousins, it's just that you never know if Stafford and Cutler are going to be able to throw the 6 yard gimme

Reminds me of Matt Schaub. He was so uninspiring, but I'd definitely take him in his prime over Cutler and Stafford in theirs

why is chip trolling with us and not naming Sanchito starter yet?

Did you read this Barnwell piece on the case for benching Bradford. Pretty much my thoughts as well

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-eagles-on-the-brink/?ex_cid=story-twitter

Farooq

Banned
Stafford has been better with timing, footwork and balance. His throwing angle at times bothers me. But that arm talent. Remember that throw to Durham 2 years ago against Dallas in the final seconds of the game. Against Tampa 2 (never change Kiffin), hits Durham right in that weakspot of that zone coverage, between the Safety and the boundary.

Beautiful throw.

jakncoke

Banned
Stafford has been better with timing, footwork and balance. His throwing angle at times bothers me. But that arm talent. Remember that throw to Durham 2 years ago against Dallas in the final seconds of the game. Against Tampa 2 (never change Kiffin), hits Durham right in that weakspot of that zone coverage, between the Safety and the boundary.

Beautiful throw.

so kas such kasism wow ;)

Beautiful throw.

Stafford is Cutler bad with the mental mistakes, I want nothing to do with that.

eznark

Banned

Beautiful throw.

1.-jeff-george.jpg

Top Bottom