• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 8 |OT| - A Fraud Knows What He Likes

Godslay

Banned
may upset Slay but I just don't have confidence in Wade vs Brady.

Why would it upset me? If Wade doesn't fare well against the Pats and it's factual then that's what it is.

Currently as the team is comprised we'll get beat by the Pats and that's fine. Jets were the last best hope and it's undefeated territory for the Pats for the rest of the season into the Superbowl win.

We may be watching the greatest single season of football ever by the Pats. I've meditated on this happening and I'm fine with it. Good for them. I'll keep watching the Broncos because I enjoy it even when they've been bad.

JaMarco

Why would it upset me? If Wade doesn't fare well against the Pats and it's factual then that's what it is.

Currently as the team is comprised we'll get beat by the Pats and that's fine. Jets were the last best hope and it's undefeated territory for the Pats for the rest of the season into the Superbowl win.

We may be watching the greatest single season of football ever by the Pats. I've meditated on this happening and I'm fine with it. Good for them. I'll keep watching the Broncos because I enjoy it even when they've been bad.
If the Patriots don't get healthy on the Oline and find another better CB, Devner could easily beat NE.

Ptaaty

I gain more and more respect for the Patriots. Belichick and his offensive line rotation is saving the team - as players are injured people are ready to go (well until they actually run out of Olinemen...).

Brady is almost inhuman now. His only pick this year was the Edelman tip....insane. Lewis, the front 7 (defense), Gostkowski at 26 FG in a row (with nearly routine 50+ yarders). Lafell is back, Gronk is in his own league.

How does a team lose their secondary and just come back better than ever?

Where is the typical fall off of a Super Bowl champ?

Brady has been sensational let us call it what it is.

I blame Goodell for this.
I have no faith in the Broncos work in progress offense against a Belichick defense especially if they can stop the run like they have been doing and I just don't trust Manning's arm to get it done he can't spread out a defense anymore.

120320_anderson_inside.jpg

????????

Why's Jon Hamm throwing the football?

I gain more and more respect for the Patriots. Belichick and his offensive line rotation is saving the team - as players are injured people are ready to go (well until they actually run out of Olinemen...).

Brady is almost inhuman now. His only pick this year was the Edelman tip....insane. Lewis, the front 7 (defense), Gostkowski at 26 FG in a row (with nearly routine 50+ yarders). Lafell is back, Gronk is in his own league.

How does a team lose their secondary and just come back better than ever?

Where is the typical fall off of a Super Bowl champ?
I mean the Pats have been good every year for the past decade and a half.

Godslay

Banned
If the Patriots don't get healthy on the Oline and find another better CB, Devner could easily beat NE.

Nobody really believes this.

It's just the old Pats fans shell game. You think if you are overconfident in your team and don't state the obvious flaws in your team they'll some how lose.

Well nobody is falling for it. They're on a 10 game win streak with no end in sight. A shit OL that just put up 36 with ease. Defense may have some warts, but with fat leads who gives a damn who suits up in the secondary.

Please stop with the false concern.

JaMarco

It's just the old Pats fans shell game. You think if you are overconfident in your team and don't state the obvious flaws in your team they'll some how lose.

Well nobody is falling for it. They're on a 10 game win streak with no end in sight. A shit OL that just put up 36 with ease. Defense may have some warts, but with fat leads who gives a damn who suits up in the secondary.

So we're not allowed to be objective? Ok...

They're far from a perfect team.

Bread

Banned

lol stop acting like a defeatist

FTF

Sort of a weirdly coincidental stat, but Brady through 7 games this season is literally exactly half of 2007 in comps and attempts so % and ypa the exact same:

2007: 398/578, 68.9%, 8.3 ypa
2015: 199/289, 68.9%, 8.3 ypa

He's ahead of his pace for yards and ints, though behind his 50 td pace.

Amazing season so far. Hope he and the Pats keep it up. (And I'm only comparing stats for stats sake, not 16-0 sake. Not even thinking about that at all unless they're still undefeated after Broncos game).

Pats secondary is complete trash.

Any team whos capable of airing it out can beat them. (This doesnt include denver for obvious reasons)

But yeah, no one is stopping the Pats offense this season. The o-line is playing like shit and Brady is still dropping 40 week in and week out.

Giants probably have the best chance, and not because of the curse, but beacause Eli, OBJ, and RR have the best chance of exposing that secondary and matching Brady drive for drive

Godslay

Banned
Brady has been sensational let us call it what it is.

I blame Goodell for this.
I have no faith in the Broncos work in progress offense against a Belichick defense especially if they can stop the run like they have been doing and I just don't trust Manning's arm to get it done he can't spread out a defense anymore.

Going to be a tough game to win. Run game has to improve by leaps and bounds and Manning has to at least be serviceable.

So we're not allowed to be objective? Ok...

They're far from a perfect team.

It's nitpicking.

They're out ahere destroying teams and you're complaining about an OL who protected Brady enough to hang 36?

Same for the secondary. Oh 22 pt lead? If I fuck up, Brady will just bail me out.

Flaws are only truly flaws if teams can exploit them, otherwise it doesn't matter.

Oakland town hall meeting about moving to LA

Some guy came up to the podium to ask Mark Davis a question and said his son is named Davis and "Oakland's weird, the fans are weird, you're weird. We belong together."

Mark fistpumped in response

I made none of the above up

Bread

Banned
kas: "yo yankee why can't sam bradford throw the ball more than 10 yards"
yankee: "kas why can't matt stafford beat a team over .500"

only+on+original+xbox.jpg

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
In all honesty it is impressive as hell how he has adapted his game to whatever works as time has gone on. That's one thing that really sets him apart from other QBs throughout history.

*barfs*

Plus, that's how you win these days anyway, dink 'n' dunk, Manning/Brady style.

People joke about this but it's really not that easy to pull off, otherwise every other team in the league would do it. It's not mcdaniels either, because BOB did fine with it... in fact McD struggled to change from 07 deep ballls on 3rd and short style playcalling at first.

Seriously, peak Welker vs Edelman?

Edelman has always been the more talented player with better physical attributes. He's bigger/strong, he's got more moves, he's more sure handed, more explosive, etc. Welk was really good I'm not trying to put him down, but from year 1 people were pretty impressed with what Edelman brought. His moves are pretty ridiculous, it's one reason he's the all time leader in punt return average.

That being said he struggled staying healthy in a huge way. Broken arm, hand injury, various different ailments. Every time it seemed like he was getting traction he would get hurt. I thought for sure he was on the chopping block when he had that groping incident while also having a lousy season, but he turned it around.

This is basically why the team always wins. They always have a pretty good Oline. Even when it isnt great its passable. Wish other teams could figure out that part.

People always seem to say this year in and year out. I think one reason people assume the pats always have this amazing o-line is that tom gets the ball out quickly. The team is absolute Patchwork right now and it shows. Brady for a long stretch there was hounded. He's somehow done a good job of mobilizing himself a bit, but it only saves sacks, doesn't often lead to too much extra. Vollmer is the LT, moving him from his natural position at RT where he is one of the top in the league. Flemming is covering at RT who has been an absolute disaster. He's a 4th round sophomore player just promoted from the practice squad. Stork/Andrews have impressed both as rookies, Stork has been out with head/neck injuries, but is due back. The other guard spots have been mixing and matching of different rookies, and occasional veteran rotational guys. The only actual name on that line right now is Vollmer. The pats O-line was DOMINANT in 07. Stephen neal, dan koppen, matt light, logan mankins, and kaczur who was meh, but with those other guys? They were fierce both in pass and run blocking, unfortunately maroney was a total joke. Since then pretty much everyone has withered. Koppen broke his leg and left the team later, Mankins was traded last year, played a whole year on a torn acl and was underwhelming, and had a really lousy year in 14. Neal and Light both retired- Light replaced with Solder who has been mediocre at best. Vollmer has been a beast since he was drafted, but has also struggled to stay healthy, missing most of a few seasons ago with a broken leg, and even some whispers of potential career ending back injuries. If he were to go down I really don't think they'd be able to work their magic of getting just enough to keep it going. Last year the O-line started amazingly bad, which contributed to their terrible offense.

The Pats really have the easiest schedule in the NFL right now.

I mean tbh while the AFC east isn't super impressive, it's definitely improved. The jets are pretty legit especially that defense, the bills are falling apart at the moment, and I really don't know what to think about the dolphins after tonight and the last few weeks, but I do know the whole NFL is pretty awful right now, so this statement applies to just about every other team in the league.

Boy, I wish Houston built together a solid O-Line.

Just draft a bunch of no names and hope they work. If they get hurt stick more no names in. Again the pats have virtually nobody of note outside of vollmer.

I don't know why you think it's "false concern", anybody can see this o-line is a mess, and the run game is almost non-existent. Brady's playing at a really tough pace to keep up, everyones somehow staying healthy despite all being very fragile for their careers, and the d line is clicking even without Sheard at the moment. McCourty is playing at his usual pace, and Hightower/Collins are definitely impressive as well.

Aside from that? Malcolm Butler is ridiculously mediocre. he's actually better than I had him pegged. He flashed in preseason last year, but it was preseason. He had 2 notable plays in the SB all at the very end of the game. While his break and holding onto the ball were impressive, the dirty work was by browner. I think Butler would be a solid #2, but he's a really lousy #1. Logan Ryan is our #2 and while he's looked ok against the corpse of Andre Johnson, and had a pick tonight, he's struggled mightily the majority of his career. Honestly the depth behind that I barely know. What I do know is Coleman was torched tonight, but somehow pats were able to cover that up.

The major flaw in the system though is something I already said a lot about above. The o-line is a disaster in terms of injuries, depth, talent, etc. I'm really hoping Cannon can get back on the field next week, because seeing Flemming get absolutely turned has been tough. Even still, Cannon is mostly unproven.

The Broncs have 2 monsters at WR both of which could easily expose those pedestrian corners, and Peyton is still Peyton Manning in terms of football IQ. Would they light it up? I don't know it really goes as Peyton goes in a sense that, those guys will make amazing catches and get open, but can they get on the same page and can Manning adapt. If so they can easily put up points on this team.

Plenty of points have been put on the pats by different teams, but the pats offense is on fire right now, with more options than I've honestly seen Brady ever have. The Broncos defense is insanely stacked though. That pass rush will FEAST on this joke of a line, the corners will take away some options, and they can stack the middle of the field. It will be interesting, but the Broncos can definitely take a run at the pats right now, and plenty of other teams could.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
You know nothing about OL messes.

Acutallyyyyy, I know fantasy talk can be the worst, but I've seen a lot of Seahawks on sunday ticket with Wilson at QB... honestly he's going to get seriously hurt, between 1. that atrocious o-line, and 2. trying to make something happen behind that atrocious o-line, when it's apparent nothing is going to happen. The way he's getting roughed up is legitimately tough to watch, especially with the smaller frame.

Godslay

Banned
Pats don't need a run game. It's all done through the air. If they establish any run, it's icing on the cake. We've seen it too often.

Biggest concern is injury to Gronk, Brady, or Edelman. In that order, or Belichick getting Ahlzheimers. Aside from that looks like smooth sailing to the championship.

Oakland town hall meeting about moving to LA

Some guy came up to the podium to ask Mark Davis a question and said his son is named Davis and "Oakland's weird, the fans are weird, you're weird. We belong together."

Mark fistpumped in response

I made none of the above up
Well I believe Chargers and San Diego are far apart. If I heard it right from my local news.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Pats don't need a run game. It's all done through the air. If they establish any run, it's icing on the cake. We've seen it too often.

Biggest concern is injury to Gronk, Brady, or Edelman. In that order, or Belichick getting Ahlzheimers. Aside from that looks like smooth sailing to the championship.

No Brady going down far outweighs Gronk going down. In 13 they sailed to the AFC champ game without Gronk. Edelman had his breakout year, but from that it was Dobson, Kenbrell Thompkins, Austin collie (yes.... sad times), occasionaly Amendola was there, but it was easily his worst season as a pro and he was constantly battling different injuries.

If Gronk goes down Jimmy G would be it... I mean seriously nobody knows what he can or can't do. I guess there's a chance, but I haven't seen anything special out of him really at all.

Also the pats run game is beyond non-existant right now. Dion Lewis is shifty in the same way woodhead was... even a littlebit better, but Brady lead the pats in rushing yards last week. That was the first time ever. it's never been this bad, and it's definitely hurt them a few times. Hopefully when Cannon gets back, and a few of the guys can't get healthier, they can at least pick up a few yards here and there.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Why were you guys watching TNF when Bob Ross is on

Also meant to respond to the influx of posts earlier about TNF, which I want to add to the crowd here- TNF is the worst. It has very little to do with the matchups, every team plays sloppy on thursdays. The pats had without question their sloppiest game of the season tonight.

Line_HTX

They had an aerial shot above Gillette Stadium way early in the 4th and half of it was empty.

Wise of them to leave early to avoid traffic.

Godslay

Banned
No Brady going down far outweighs Gronk going down. In 13 they sailed to the AFC champ game without Gronk. Edelman had his breakout year, but from that it was Dobson, Kenbrell Thompkins, Austin collie (yes.... sad times), occasionaly Amendola was there, but it was easily his worst season as a pro and he was constantly battling different injuries.

If Gronk goes down Jimmy G would be it... I mean seriously nobody knows what he can or can't do. I guess there's a chance, but I haven't seen anything special out of him really at all.

Also the pats run game is beyond non-existant right now. Dion Lewis is shifty in the same way woodhead was... even a littlebit better, but Brady lead the pats in rushing yards last week. That was the first time ever. it's never been this bad, and it's definitely hurt them a few times. Hopefully when Cannon gets back, and a few of the guys can't get healthier, they can at least pick up a few yards here and there.

Look we get it they're good. Just accept it and save your keyboard the beating!

Good night!

Look we get it they're good. Just accept it and save your keyboard the beating!

Good night!

It's okay. The more they talk, the more they try to hide the fact that the second Brady's gone and the team turns to dust and shit for at least a decade, they won't be anywhere around.

Watching F1 or something in its place probably.

Bread

Banned
@DanWetzel: Since halftime of AFC Title Game, with NFL watching PSI levels, Tom Brady stats: 67.4 completion percentage, 2,859 yards, 26 TDs, 3 picks

what a cheat

Spinluck

Can they put Deion out to pasture please... wtf man.. " I think you guys are unbeatable unless (you basically get injured)". Who the fuck says that to someone.

He always slurps the Pats. It's unbearable, especially when anything about the Colts is brought up. He's still salty he got clocked by a Punter and that he got burned by Manning to Harrison.

Still love Prime the player though.

the man speaks truth. I've been talking about it for the last 3 weeks. Not many more legit road blocks on NE's schedule between now and the playoffs. @ Denver, maybe @ the Jets? And that's really it. If they get to 14-0 with nothing but the Jets and Dolphins standing in their way, anyone really think they won't get to 16-0?

Now then, what's interesting is GB's schedule is setting up almost as nicely. Only @ Carolina and @ Arizona. The rest should be very manageable for them. Doesn't seem a ridiculous suggestion that both could enter the post-season 16-0. Wouldn't that be something.

Line_HTX

It's okay. The more they talk, the more they try to hide the fact that the second Brady's gone and the team turns to dust and shit for at least a decade, they won't be anywhere around.

Watching F1 or something in its place probably.

The Mexican Grand Prix is this Sunday afternoon!

cdyhybrid

If the Pats are 14-0 going into the last two games, they should definitely go for a meaningless undefeated regular season instead of resting their glass star players.

If the Pats are 14-0 going into the last two games, they should definitely go for a meaningless undefeated regular season instead of resting their glass star players.

Pats enjoy putting exclamation marks on things. And considering both are divisional rivals, they may have some meaning. I suppose it depends on how healthy their o line is in January.

Top Bottom