• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 8 |OT| - A Fraud Knows What He Likes

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
If the Pats are 14-0 going into the last two games, they should definitely go for a meaningless undefeated regular season instead of resting their glass star players.

Will be interesting given the pace of the broncos and bengals at this point, it could definitely hold value at that point.

Bio pls.

No one is beating this team in Foxboro come January.

But if I had to pick it'd be a healthy Steelers team

Agree with that. But is Ben expected to be back this season? Is there even a reason to expect them to make the playoffs with him missing significant time?

Looking at the standings, yea...that week 15 matchup between the Pats and Jets will most likely have playoff implications for the Jets and Steelers.

Will be interesting given the pace of the broncos and bengals at this point, it could definitely hold value at that point.

that too. they may need to keep playing through the end just to secure the 1 seed.

ampere

@DanWetzel: Since halftime of AFC Title Game, with NFL watching PSI levels, Tom Brady stats: 67.4 completion percentage, 2,859 yards, 26 TDs, 3 picks

what a cheat

So the secret is you have to give Brady's balls a lot of attention and check them constantly...

ampere

Our away games in Denver and New York (Jets) are the most likely losses

I think the Giants will be tough defensively, but the have a super inconsistent offense

kas: "yo yankee why can't sam bradford throw the ball more than 10 yards"
yankee: "kas why can't matt stafford beat a team over .500"

only+on+original+xbox.jpg

No idea you were in the room for that. I want to hear the bread voice dammit. Good games tonight everyone.

Pats playing the Steelers is just a dream scenario for Pats fans everywhere. Easy ass win on the way to another super bowl. The Steelers aren't and have never been a team that can actually have a legitimate shot against the Pats since Brady has been the qb for the Pats. Would be extremely surprised if the Pats played the Steelers and didn't beat them by at least two touchdowns. Jets/Bills have a better chance at beating the Pats in the playoffs then the Steelers lol

Lebeau hasn't been able to keep up with the Pats. It's part of the reason they let him go.

The defense has been specifically built to play the Patriots style short game over the middle. Steelers had the misfortune of catching the Pats with a ton of raw as fuck rookies and first year starters on opening day, not to mention not having two of their 3 biggest gamebreakers on the field (though DeAngelo Williams still shredded the Pats on the ground.) Even with all the mistakes and blown coverages (and 6 points left on the field by our former "kicker") Steelers only lost by 7.

Both teams meet in the playoffs I like the Steelers chances.

Generate

Banned
You know nothing about OL messes.

Pats fans have really no room to talk about that.
Oline situation is nowhere near as bad as some teams, and it has little to do with Brady getting the ball out quick. The lines are obviously doing their jobs. It might be scheme or max protecting, but rarely do you see Brady's line ever getting swamped like some do. A lot of QBs get the ball out quick, but that also requires having offensive players who can separate from defenders. If they cannot get open, then who does the QB throw to except a checkdown option?

I'd like to see how good Brady would play with the offensive situation that many teams this year have. No luxury of an Edelmann or Gronkowski or an effective running game. Try getting shut down on 1-2 yard runs every time, allowing defenders into the backfield almost at the snap. Thats the situation some QBs right now have to face on basically every snap they take. Now that is the GM/coaches/F.O.'s fault, but it doesn't make a quarterback worse talentwise. If you have a mobile QB then this can be offset somewhat, especially with a younger one. Look at Luck's situation though. He knows how to read defenses, but the Colts cant run and they cant pass protect. He is a human pinball out there and it leads to costly mistakes.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Green Bay went 15-1 after winning the Super Bowl and the loss was to the Chiefs in week...14? I think. Not exactly unprecedented for the Super Bowl winner to have an awesome regular season after winning it all. On paper it looks like another 2007 though so we'll see!

Depressing season stays depressing

I'd rather see a giant scandal bring down Roger Goodell and the entire NFL as a league and an American institution than see the Pats repeat.

RELAYER

Banned
It'll be great watching Cam celebrating 1st downs with his Superman bullshit while getting blown out by the Pats in the Superbowl 42-0.

squicken

Dragon

Banned

ParityBit

I think Goodell was correct with comparing the Patriots accusations of cheating to the Black-socks. It is blatantly obvious that IF the Patriots were deflating the balls, they were trying to throw games and level the playing field with the rest of the NFL.

Brady and the Patriots are just unstoppable with NFL regulated footballs.

It'll be great watching Cam celebrating 1st downs with his Superman bullshit while getting blown out by the Pats in the Superbowl 42-0.

1) You actually think the Panthers are getting to the Super Bowl? Thanks for the vote of confidence

2) If the Pats can score 42 points against the Panthers defense, my hats off to them

3) Why does Cameron Jerrell Newton make you so angry?

I forget the GAF user name but I just want to say thanks to the gaffer who looked at my picks and told me to stay with NE despite the 8 point spread .

squicken

OL is a concern, at the end of the game they didn't have one healthy backup. False concern my ass.

So why has Vinatieri remained good then?

b/c he was always good. BB let him go b/c he could draft a replacement and pay him less. just needed a strong leg and a guy who could keep his mouth shut

Being totally honest, I think all kickers do stuff to the balls. Some are better at it than others, and like all things, the Pats are probably the best at finding that loose 3%-4% advantage

Crisco

Banned
Uuuuugh, sucks I have to wait till Monday to watch the Panthers get another W, but it's also going to be the 3rd straight week of Redzone during the early games. C'est la vie!

Top Bottom