• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 8 |OT| - A Fraud Knows What He Likes

Seeing Patriots fans whine last night about every little miscue really puts it into perspective how spoiled and out of touch they are from other fans.

"Our third down defense is terrible!"
"Another dropped pass!"
"Too many penalties!"
"I don't feel comfortable with this lead!"

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Cry me a fucking river.

I hate this entitled fanbase and this evil team with every fiber of my being. Yes, I'm salty, I'm jealous, I'm bitter. What AFC East fan that has really put energy into following their team isn't? Why wouldn't you be? The Patriots have practically ruined football for me for the past 20+ years, but I'm truly sorry you guys let the Dolphins convert that one 3rd and 10.

Dude, this is identical to EVERY FAN in every NFL Week OT with the exception of a handful who are labelled obnoxious for being labeled over confident. Doesn't make anybody entitled, just that everybody's nervous when watching games.

Dude, this is identical to EVERY FAN in every NFL Week OT with the exception of a handful who are labelled obnoxious for being labeled over confident. Doesn't make anybody entitled, just that everybody's nervous when watching games.
Patriots are 92-15 in Brady's home games. SO NERVE-WRACKING.

And I'm not just talking about GAF. Pats fans here are far better than the average fan out in the wild.

While I'm into this whole whining thing I might as well talk about Tannehill. Brady is an ultra-competitive bitch but at least he's ultra-competitive. You see him pissed off every time he misses a pass or doesn't convert a third down. Meanwhile Tannehill is casually strolling off the field after another 3-and-out and he's smiling and laughing it up on the sideline.

All of the best QBs have that drive and passion. Just one more reason Tannehill will never be one of them.

bionic77

And I'm not just talking about GAF. Pats fans here are far better than the average fan out in the wild.
The average fan in the wild is pretty horrible. There are some retarded Steelers fans out there.

Pats fans are obviously the worst (which is saying something) but in general you should avoid dumb people.

Speaking of dumb, deacon weren't you all for trading Ben for a non rapist qb 2 years ago? You were wrong bro. In your face!

Dragon

Banned
Seeing Patriots fans whine last night about every little miscue really puts it into perspective how spoiled and out of touch they are from other fans.

"Our third down defense is terrible!"
"Another dropped pass!"
"Too many penalties!"
"I don't feel comfortable with this lead!"

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Cry me a fucking river.

The more time marches on the more I long for a Patriots era post-B&B. Maybe then for once in the past 15 years Pats fans will have a complaint worth mentioning.

I hate this entitled fanbase and this evil team with every fiber of my being. Yes, I'm salty, I'm jealous, I'm bitter. What AFC East fan that has really put energy into following their team isn't? Why wouldn't you be? The Patriots have practically ruined football for me for the past 20+ years, but I'm truly sorry you guys let the Dolphins convert that one 3rd and 10.

I think besides the comfortable with the lead one, that the rest are valid complaints. I understand why you're pissed though. Sorry :/.

While I'm into this whole whining thing I might as well talk about Tannehill. Brady is an ultra-competitive bitch but at least he's ultra-competitive. You see him pissed off every time he misses a pass or doesn't convert a third down. Meanwhile Tannehill is casually strolling off the field after another 3-and-out and he's smiling and laughing it up on the sideline.

All of the best QBs have that drive and passion. Just one more reason Tannehill will never be one of them.

The problem is, Tannehill got a hot wife before he won anything.

Yea I noticed tannehill laughing it up too after going 3 and out or getting sacked. He's like, well we are going to lose, but at least I get to go home to my hot wife and large house

I'd like to take this opportunity to recognize that Brady has thrown 20 TDs and 1 interception this season, and that 1 interception was the one that Edelman bobbled into the Colt's defensive backs' hands. Without a doubt, through 7 games, this is the best performance by any QB, ever.

For what it's worth, I hardly ever post doom and gloom things for winning teams because they annoy me. But your description characterizes fans of every team in every NFL thread.

But your description characterizes fans of every team in every NFL thread.
Maybe that's because most NFL teams have flaws that are worth mentioning, as opposed to the Pats who have blemishes so relatively minor they need to be examined with an electron fucking microscope to be seen.

More importantly, don't listen to me. I'm just an overly emotional pissed off Dolphins fan who grew sick of this cycle years ago but can't manage to escape it.

Sorry Dragon, Dutch, and most of Pats-GAF. You guys are cool. Just put me on ignore for a few weeks.

Konka

Banned
Maybe that's because most NFL teams have flaws that are worth mentioning, as opposed to the Pats who have blemishes so relatively minor they need to be examined with an electron fucking microscope to be seen.

More importantly, don't listen to me. I'm just an overly emotional pissed off Dolphins fan who grew sick of this cycle years ago but can't manage to escape it.

Sorry Dragon, Dutch, and most of Pats-GAF. You guys are cool. Just put me on ignore for a few weeks.

At least you don't have Sam Bradford as your QB, it could be worse.

Speaking of dumb, deacon weren't you all for trading Ben for a non rapist qb 2 years ago? You were wrong bro. In your face!
No, I was all for trading Ben because he was wilfully resisting improving himself as a quarterback. Now he's completely bought in and the offense is better than it has ever been! You're welcome!

bionic77

I thought the same thing last night.

I don't think he has that self confidence or belief in oneself that all great athletes have. Often from a distance that belief is not that far off from just plain stupidity but you need it to be a great athlete. Belief alone won't get you there, you need ability too, but I honestly think all things being equal self belief counts for way more than ability.

Brady is not a good example because he is a cheater and this a fraud. He is more in line with a criminal, i.e. bonds, Armstrong, etc, but I understand what you are trying to say.

Never!

bionic77

No, I was all for trading Ben because he was wilfully resisting improving himself as a quarterback. Now he's completely bought in and the offense is better than it has ever been! You're welcome!
Look as long as we can both agree that you were wrong and I was right and that the Pats need to be sent to North Korea I think it's all good!

Konka

Banned
Look as long as we can both agree that you were wrong and I was right and that the Pats need to be sent to North Korea I think it's all good!

Bionic, you're kidding yourself if you don't think the Belichick wouldn't get along well with Kim Jong-un, they'd be besties.

Dragon

Banned
Why do you think Tom is growing a beard now?

You call that a beard? It doesn't have anything on Fitzmagic's!

You can vent all you want, I have enough people on my ignore list. I'm not going to ignore people I like talking to!

Bionic, you're kidding yourself if you don't think the Belichick wouldn't get along well with Kim Jong-un, they'd be besties.

e1dYGzn.gif

Striker

Our away games in Denver and New York (Jets) are the most likely losses

I think the Giants will be tough defensively, but the have a super inconsistent offense
Tough defense? Giants in 2015? They have no pass rush.

The offense I'm not worried about. But McAdoo's love for that slant is getting obsessive.

Line_HTX

Got into the Overwatch beta the other day and been playing it non-stop since. This game is going to consume my life.

I never got one. Fuck closed betas.

I have 20 K dust and I don't know what to craft next, so I'm sitting on my HS ass like... I think I have all the necessary cards lol

Godslay

Banned
Who are these people that expected Miami to win? Dan Campbell's mom?

People hoped that the Phins would put up a fight. I can't think of anyone who actually declared that the Phins would win.

Revisionist history otherwise.

There was a bit of a media onslaught with Campbell. That's fine, it's a good story. I think most Phin's fans from what I gathered were optimistic with the regime change, and hopeful that it would continue to translate with wins and/or being competitive in the division.

It's the end of the world and the Patriots reign when any other coach in the AFCE gets any positive attention, so here we are once again.

Our away games in Denver and New York (Jets) are the most likely losses

I think the Giants will be tough defensively, but the have a super inconsistent offense

What side of your mouth are you speaking out of this week?

You said that if we bench Manning and start Osweiler we would be a scary team. Now you are pegging us beating your team, who is taking 50 ft shits on every team they've faced thus far?

GTFO!

Draxal

Tough defense? Giants in 2015? They have no pass rush.

The offense I'm not worried about. But McAdoo's love for that slant is getting obsessive.

I don't think they trust Ruben to run any other route, but yeah this Giant's D is nowhere close as talented as the 2007-11 versions.

You can be ultra competitive without having to constantly make a public display of how ultra competitive you are though.

NFL swept Jets locker room for bugs before Sunday’s game

This is just becoming stupid.

Bill is sitting back and laughing at the paranoia teams are showing. Just another distraction to his advantage

As if anyone would have to cheat in order to beat the Jets.

The loss is whatever. It's time to talk about Tannehill...
I'm back off the bandwagon. He can't get it done when it counts.

What disappoints me the most is his lack of development in the football IQ department. Still making boneheaded throws, still incapable of making pre-snap adjustments and calling hot routes to beat defenses, still too scared and indecisive to take shots at the right time. Brady, Rodgers, and Peyton win with their intelligence as much as their ability. Tannehill just doesn't have it.

At this point he is what he is. A middle of the road guy who will flash at times but will never carry a team. The only way he ever wins anything is with an incredible team around him (so considering the Stephen Ross factor, never).

MechDX

I'm back off the bandwagon. He can't get it done when it counts.

What disappoints me the most is his lack of development in the football IQ department. Still making boneheaded throws, still incapable of making pre-snap adjustments and calling hot routes to beat defenses, still too scared and indecisive to take shots at the right time. Brady, Rodgers, and Peyton win with their intelligence as much as their ability. Tannehill just doesn't have it.

At this point he is what he is. A middle of the road guy who will flash at times but will never carry a team. The only way he ever wins anything is with an incredible team around him (so considering the Stephen Ross factor, never).

Said it last night: Matt Schaub. Texans fans wonder what would have happened in 2011 if Haynesworth wouldn't have eaten Schaubs foot. defense was playing lights out, Foster was destroying people out of the backfield and matt was doing "enough"

Said it last night: Matt Schaub. Texans fans wonder what would have happened in 2011 if Haynesworth wouldn't have eaten Schaubs foot. defense was playing lights out, Foster was destroying people out of the backfield and matt was doing "enough"
Besides their differences in playing style it's a fair enough comparison.

Top Bottom