• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 8 |OT| - A Fraud Knows What He Likes

MechDX

What reason have the Pats or JJ Watt given us to trust anything they do or say?

Your actions matter my lying friend. And eventually you are accountable for them.

vRsWraQ.jpg

They have been caught cheating in the past.

That's how criminals get treated.

What's the explanation again for the radio inference in the Steelers game?

Same explanation for the interference in the Baltimore / Arizona game last week when headsets were busted for Baltimore all game, and then the last drive they totally cut out:

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/10/27/baltimore-ravens-arizona-cardinals-headset-issues-final-drive

A week doesn't go by where a team doesn't have a headset issue it seems. Headsets in the NFL are clearly shit.

I still haven't learned how to take brutal losses to the Patriots in stride. Don't know if I ever will. Oh well, I get over football games these just take a little longer.

Gotta take up drinking

bionic77

Same explanation for the interference in the Baltimore / Arizona game last week when headsets were busted for Baltimore all game, and then the last drive they totally cut out:

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/10/27/baltimore-ravens-arizona-cardinals-headset-issues-final-drive

A week doesn't go by where a team doesn't have a headset issue it seems. Headsets in the NFL are clearly shit.

Gotta take up drinking
In the Steelers game they picked up selective interference.

Sorry bro they cheaters. Don't know what else to tell you!

"Source said Jets absolutely did not ask to have Pats' locker room swept for listening devices before Sunday's game." -@DomCosentino

The Pats probably did bug the locker room.

Striker

So ESPN.com is so desperate for click bait they make Fantasy Trades (even admitting they're super unlikely to happen) articles. In this they try to make a case for Cleve trading away Joe Thomas for JPP and a 5th rd pick. Might as well put it in their Fantasy Football page.

Syrinx

So ESPN.com is so desperate for click bait they make Fantasy Trades (even admitting they're super unlikely to happen) articles. In this they try to make a case for Cleve trading away Joe Thomas for JPP and a 5th rd pick. Might as well put it in their Fantasy Football page.
That trade proposal is just disturbingly sad.

Line_HTX

Brian T. Smith ‏@ChronBrianSmith 3m3 minutes ago

@Line_XIII Tank for which team? Texans? Give next couple games a shot, then abandon ship if necessary. But they won't. Rox 5. Or 3. :)

FORCE TANK MAX AFTER WEEK 10 MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL!!

Awwright~

Godslay

Banned
lulz.

Broncos could do it. And possibly will, if Peyton is still alive and they discover a run game.

Remember, defense wins!

You already said you looked forward to a W against this Broncos team, and you expect a L for the Pats against those Broncos?

You're my dude, but defense only wins championships when the offense can come through with some points. Can't be completely shit on one side of the ball and expect to get the job done.

ampere

What side of your mouth are you speaking out of this week?

You said that if we bench Manning and start Osweiler we would be a scary team. Now you are pegging us beating your team, who is taking 50 ft shits on every team they've faced thus far?

GTFO!

lol. I get it from my dad, he's always nervous about almost all games every season. He did have to deal with 86 World Series and 87/96 Super Bowls (I was alive for 96, but didn't care about football at 7). I think when you get raised with the attitude of a 86 World Series viewer and live in the modern day Boston sports glory, you piss off a lot of people (like you and TDR right now). /hug

The loss is whatever. It's time to talk about Tannehill...

Just make sure he is paying attention when you talk to him...

PUk6cQ1.gif

Godslay

Banned
lol. I get it from my dad, he's always nervous about almost all games every season. He did have to deal with 86 World Series and 87/96 Super Bowls (I was alive for 96, but didn't care about football at 7). I think when you get raised with the attitude of a 86 World Series viewer and live in the modern day Boston sports glory, you piss off a lot of people (like you and TDR right now). /hug

Why would I be pissed?

Broncos have handled the Patriots just fine in their only decade of success. Broncos are ahead in the h2h against Belichick, with more playoff wins against them then losses. You've beat up on most of the league during this short period of time, but we've held our own so nothing to be pissed about here.

I don't really give a fuck about hockey, baseball, or basketball so Boston winning there has no effect on me.

Still though, it's a little weird to declare a L against the Broncos when you've said yourself that the team is essentially garbage with Manning as the guy. So what is it then?

Konka

Banned
Why would I be pissed?

Broncos have handled the Patriots just fine in their only decade of success. Broncos are ahead in the h2h against Belichick, with more playoff wins against them then losses. You've beat up on most of the league during this short period of time, but we've held our own so nothing to be pissed about here.

I don't really give a fuck about hockey, baseball, or basketball so Boston winning there has no effect on me.

Still though, it's a little weird to declare a L against the Broncos when you've said yourself that the team is essentially garbage with Manning as the guy. So what is it then?

So he can try to act surprised when they beat them down.

ampere

I don't expect a loss. Just saying that 16 - 0 is very difficult and it's a potential loss. I don't expect us to lose a home game, but away games are a lot harder to predict

Dragon

Banned
I don't expect a loss. Just saying that 16 - 0 is very difficult and it's a potential loss. I don't expect us to lose a home game, but away games are a lot harder to predict

The game they're most likely to lose is at the Jets. But they could lose four more games with their oline.

ShaneB

Squicken, thanks for that BR article on QB's. Read it last night, just pretty interesting stuff to really see the pressure on these guys.

Late as well to watching some Inside the NFL pieces from this week, really liked seeing Brandon Marshall open up on the Greg Hardy situation.

gutshot

I never got one. Fuck closed betas.

I have 20 K dust and I don't know what to craft next, so I'm sitting on my HS ass like... I think I have all the necessary cards lol

I have a buddy that works at Blizzard who got me in. It pays to have connections, apparently!

Dang, 20k? I thought I had a lot with 6k. But yeah, I feel like I've more or less beat HS at this point, at least until the next expansion hits.

Godslay

Banned
So he can try to act surprised when they beat them down.

More than likely.

Every game is a potential loss. It's also a potential win. 16 - 0 isn't some magical number, it's just beating the team in front of you every week. Which the Pats have been doing without issue, so beating a lopsided team like the Broncos should be pretty easy for the Patriot juggernaut. Even away from home. Good teams win at home, great teams win on the road. Shouldn't be an issue for the Pats.

Spinluck

More than likely.

Every game is a potential loss. It's also a potential win. 16 - 0 isn't some magical number, it's just beating the team in front of you every week. Which the Pats have been doing without issue, so beating a lopsided team like the Broncos should be pretty easy for the Patriot juggernaut. Even away from home. Good teams win at home, great teams win on the road. Shouldn't be an issue for the Pats.

your avatar scares me

MechDX

More than likely.

Your avatar needs a Kubes haircut

Line_HTX

I have a buddy that works at Blizzard who got me in. It pays to have connections, apparently!

Dang, 20k? I thought I had a lot with 6k. But yeah, I feel like I've more or less beat HS at this point, at least until the next expansion hits.

"You're so fucking lucky!"

How's the game? What classes do you like?

Pepiope

They're playing the Eagles at home. I have a hard time seeing that at all. What makes you say that beyond the obvious Pepiope bias?
The Eagles have a top defensive unit. As long as Bradford and the O gets their shit together offensively, the Eagles will win. It will take about 30 points, but I think we can get that against NE.

Godslay

Banned
The Eagles have a top defensive unit. As long as Bradford and the O gets their shit together offensively, the Eagles will win. It will take about 30 points, but I think we can get that against NE.

Come on dude.

You are going to get rolled. Nobody stops this train.

Farooq

Banned
Would anyone know what issue of American Football Monthly this excerpt of Tedford talking about teaching QBs is from.

"So much of the game is the mental part, being prepared scheme-wise, and understanding the game, and understanding the concepts, so they understand on every play where to throw the football," Tedford says. "It's not memorizing; you find a lot of times that kids will memorize, but they have to understand the whole concept, and the whole field. There's a purpose for everything we do with every position, and they need to understand what that purpose is." 

As he teaches understanding of the playbook, Tedford begins by drawing diagrams with pencil and paper. From that, he'll move on to the checkers. Across a table from his quarterback, Tedford arranges 11 checkers in a defensive formation, against the quarterback's offense and asks the quarterback to show what's happening - what's the formation, what's the pre-snap read, what's the play call, what are the possibilities out of the formation, what are the protections, what are the routes? "I'll make them say the snap count, the whole thing, and what happened," Tedford says.

Just want to read the article.

Top Bottom