• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 8 |OT| - A Fraud Knows What He Likes

MechDX

Ken Whisenhunt: Marcus Mariota made a lot of progress this week, but we aren't going to play him Sunday. https://t.co/XYIC8jJmk3

Maybe I need a Zach avatar. If Zach leads the the titans to a win in Houston the fallout at NRG will be delicious.

God I hope the titans win

squicken

Squicken, thanks for that BR article on QB's. Read it last night, just pretty interesting stuff to really see the pressure on these guys.

Glad someone else took something from it. It's not like we should feel sorry for them or anything, but as fans, we are worse off b/c the media obsession and scrutiny has probably crushed a few careers. Brett Favre, as he mentions, would never have had a career if subjected to today's media landscape

One thing I did find funny was that he called Kaepernick "young". He's older than Bradford and Stafford

Konka

Banned
Come on dude.

You are going to get rolled. Nobody stops this train.

I don't think we'll get rolled. We've kept every game close, despite how inept our offense has been at playing a whole game. Our defense has been playing lights out. We'll definitely lose, but I think we keep it close. We should have beaten the Panthers and two of our other loses were self inflicted. Offense killing the team with stupid drops, extremely uneven QB play, questionable play calling, not playing Ryan Matthews and penalties is the story of the year.

Line_HTX

Glad someone else took something from it. It's not like we should feel sorry for them or anything, but as fans, we are worse off b/c the media obsession and scrutiny has probably crushed a few careers. Brett Favre, as he mentions, would never have had a career if subjected to today's media landscape

One thing I did find funny was that he called Kaepernick "young". He's older than Bradford and Stafford

He definitely does not look younger than Bradford and Stafford. Not with that beard!

Dragon

Banned
The Eagles have a top defensive unit. As long as Bradford and the O gets their shit together offensively, the Eagles will win. It will take about 30 points, but I think we can get that against NE.

The Eagles have talent but their offensive line is a clusterfuck. If they're gonna throw the ball 50 times they're gonna lose. They can't beat the Pats at their own game.

Last night was depressing. I know its the Pats in their turf, its Thursday night and their D was playing great, but Miami's offense just looked terrible out there. Tannehill was bad, o-line was even worse, run game wasn't doing anything and the receivers couldn't do much.

Worst part? The fins lost Wake. That hurts more than anything about last night.

bionic77

The Eagles have a top defensive unit. As long as Bradford and the O gets their shit together offensively, the Eagles will win. It will take about 30 points, but I think we can get that against NE.
You need a qb to beat the Cheats.

Eagles and Broncos I just don't see it.

Bungles are actually perfectly constructed to beat them in their current form. But no one in their right mind ever trusts that team.

Pepiope

The Eagles have talent but their offensive line is a clusterfuck. If they're gonna throw the ball 50 times they're gonna lose. They can't beat the Pats at their own game.
It will be fun. The two fastest teams in the NFL finally playing one another.

You need a qb to beat the Cheats.

Eagles and Broncos I just don't see it.

Bungles are actually perfectly constructed to beat them in their current form. But no one in their right mind ever trusts that team.
Bradford is a QB. I'm really hoping a lot of the miscommunication on offense gets cleared up this week. It feels like we've only seen a small subset of the entire playbook this season. Once that's ironed out (if it ever is), this team can make some noise.

Konka

Banned
Shutdown Brees

Get ripped up by Weeden

Yeah that was terrible

It will be fun. The two fastest teams in the NFL finally playing one another.

This year hasn't been fun at all. It's been the opposite of fun. I have no expectation of us even getting a first down the first quarter. I'm excited when a receiver catches a ball or our RB's get more than 5 yard. That's what it has been reduced to.

MechDX

Great this tread is just becoming a battle between many Patriots fans and those that dislike them. This years thread is the worst.

And Bill probably has this thread being checked periodically for information

Bionic if you are reading this yes, you should cover your PC in tin foil

Pepiope

This year hasn't been fun at all. It's been the opposite of fun. I have no expectation of us even getting a first down the first quarter. I'm excited when a receiver catches a ball or our RB's get more than 5 yard. That's what it has been reduced to.
Exactly why this bye is so important. We've come out like shit every single game. We need to build some momentum against a depleted Cowboy team next week.

Hindl

That's a big fucking if. I'm looking forward to see how our Defense handles Brady, but I'm expecting to be slaughtered

Welcome back Gata, I missed you. I hope you are doing okay now.

The average fan in the wild is pretty horrible. There are some retarded Steelers fans out there.

Pats fans are obviously the worst (which is saying something) but in general you should avoid dumb people.

Speaking of dumb, deacon weren't you all for trading Ben for a non rapist qb 2 years ago? You were wrong bro. In your face!

Yes the average Steeler fan is Bionic.. Fuck living in this part of VA just because Tomlin is from here.. It's Raven and steelers land here.

Brady's QBR is lower than Fitzmagic's this year. He sucks.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr

Dumb question... Why do they have this? Is there something wrong with passer rating?

Hot chocolate and vodka?

Hot chocolate and vodka.

Two things that should never go together

He probably gets happy endings in secret as well.. That way he stays "pure" for Ciara

Hindl

It's a big if, but that's all I have right now.

I prefer optimism.

It's fair. I'm also not quite as down on our Offense as everyone else, but I just don't see Brady at Gillette as a W. All I really want to see for the season is for our receivers to stop dropping the balls. Hopefully they just have everyone on the jugs machine every day of the bye

Line_HTX

BOB on Zach: "Big arm, will be a big challenge for us."

"We did a good job this week. Our guys practiced hard and practiced well. We will go out and play as hard as we can."

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Where the hell is this irrational confidence from an Eagles fan coming from? At least the Miami stuff made some sense.

bionic77

You would be doing the same if you had to play behind our OL!
Getting my balls and dick sucked on the sly* instead of working on my game and maybe trying to figure out how to get better or give my team a better chance to win?

I mean I guess when you put it that way I can't say I would be any better (especially seeing as how he already got his) but as a fan I would not be too happy about it!

* Only on the sly because he is a bitch ass bitch who pretends to be a virgin.

It's not our Pats regulars that are bad. It's the lifelongs and Lunchbox alts that are obnoxious.
Boston fans are probably the worst to talk and listen to.

I think I would rather get stabbed at urinal at a Niners game for taking too long or whatever the reason is they stab people over there instead of having to listen to Boston fans speak about anything. They are the worst.

It is true that Pats fans online here are the worst of us but don't compare to the real deal.

Crisco

Banned
Where the hell is this irrational confidence from an Eagles fan coming from? At least the Miami stuff made some sense.

Bradford had his "best" game of the year against an undefeated Panther's team on the road, while the defense picked off MVP candidate Cam Newton 3 times! Those great performances plus only losing by 11 should give any team confidence.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Pep is an eternal Eagles optimist

I'm impressed! The Eagles do have a good defense, but it's not even close to what the Jets have, and the JETS have a much better offense!

Eagles also traded to get a guy who is basically the same QB as their backup, only worse at mid range passes.

Top Bottom