• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 8 |OT| - A Fraud Knows What He Likes

Dragon

Banned
ESPN just killed Grantland.

http://espnmediazone.com/us/espn-statement-regarding-grantland/

Effective immediately we are suspending the publication of Grantland. After careful consideration, we have decided to direct our time and energy going forward to projects that we believe will have a broader and more significant impact across our enterprise.

Grantland distinguished itself with quality writing, smart ideas, original thinking and fun. We are grateful to those who made it so. Bill Simmons was passionately committed to the site and proved to be an outstanding editor with a real eye for talent. Thanks to all the other writers, editors and staff who worked very hard to create content with an identifiable sensibility and consistent intelligence and quality. We also extend our thanks to Chris Connelly who stepped in to help us maintain the site these past five months as he returns to his prior role.

Despite this change, the legacy of smart long-form sports story-telling and innovative short form video content will continue, finding a home on many of our other ESPN platforms.

squicken

Grantland was kind of dumb. Why did I need to go to ESPN to read the 900 millionth article on weekend box office?

Vodka should be drunk straight up you sissies.

I'm not much of a drinker, but it is my favorite liquor to use for shots. Though in Texas most folk go for tequila

bionic77

Grantland was kind of dumb. Why did I need to go to ESPN to read the 900 millionth article on weekend box office?

I'm not much of a drinker, but it is my favorite liquor to use for shots. Though in Texas most folk go for tequila
Lowe was pretty awesome on it.

Otherwise it was Simmons 2.0. If you wanted more of what he was into the site was probably great.

Dragon

Banned
Grantland had talented people. To find out you're getting laid off via twitter or the like is really a shitty way to handle it.

Vodka gotta be the most mixed liquor. I mean, maybe a shot once in a while, but if I'm doing a shot and a beer, it's never of vodka. Almost always a whisky variant.

bionic77

Dragon you are some kind of professional computer nerd.

What kind of computer do you use at work/home? What phone? And what kind of cool hardware do you have at home beyond the PC?

squicken

If they really fired people over press release, that is crappy

Lowe was pretty awesome on it.

Otherwise it was Simmons 2.0. If you wanted more of what he was into the site was probably great.

I liked their sports stuff. I read more about baseball and basketball than I spent watching either sport. And Simmons gave us 30 for 30, even if he is responsible for the sports blogger culture that is so terrible

But everything I read can fold easily into the main website

They killed Page 2 and now Grantland, two of the things that were barely worth going to ESPN for.
Literally the only articles worth reading from ESPN. I'm done with the website now...

I was expecting a much slower, shittier decline until the eventual cancellation. At least they cut their losses quickly after all the writers left

I'm impressed! The Eagles do have a good defense, but it's not even close to what the Jets have, and the JETS have a much better offense!

Eagles also traded to get a guy who is basically the same QB as their backup, only worse at mid range passes.
What happened when the Eagles played the jets.

Who is the blonde woman on NFL Network? Asking for a friend.

Which one?

You have

Lindsay Rhodes
zslEv8b.jpg

Melissa Stark

Amber Theoharis

Colleen Wolfe
50301c9dd6f7f.image.jpg

Nialrot

Grantland had talented people. To find out you're getting laid off via twitter or the like is really a shitty way to handle it.

It looks like they are going to honor all contracts.

Mike Soltys ‏@espnmikes 15m15 minutes ago
All Grantland writers will have their contracts honored. The intent is to use the sportswriters on other ESPN platforms.

gutshot

"You're so fucking lucky!"

How's the game? What classes do you like?

It's so fun. It feels like a deeper and more polished TF2.

Favorite hero so far is Reaper. His ability to duck in and out of combat and just wreck people with those dual shotguns is amazing. But I haven't even tried all the heroes yet and most of the ones I have tried was only for a few minutes, just to mess around with their abilities.

squicken

The problem with espn.com is finding anything. I have no idea, when just looking at the site, if Sando has something new up. I have to go to his Twitter for that

Dragon

Banned
The problem with espn.com is finding anything. I have no idea, when just looking at the site, if Sando has something new up. I have to go to his Twitter for that

It's so confusing the way it's organized now. They act like a blog in some circumstances but then things aren't organized by recency and I really have no idea where to find things either.

FTF

Big Ben coming back this weekend, nice. Hope that's the right call though against tough Cincy D. Should be a great game.

And that sucks about grantland. Seems like all the writers still have jobs at least.

eznark

Banned

Follow the good writer at espn (Lindbergh) on Twitter. Click all his links. Never worry about espn.

Top Bottom