• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 8 |OT| - A Fraud Knows What He Likes

MechDX

Cool! W/ Texans hosting the former team to call Houston home, they'll have former Oilers' Bubba McDowell & Curtis Duncan as HFA Captains

I can get behind a troll move like this. Fuck Bud Adams

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The fact that Mayhew says the Lions are "buyers" at the trade deadline when they're basically out of the playoffs already is absolutely infuriating.

The guy traded this year's 3rd rounder to move up and grab a DT who barely plays. He has zero idea what he's doing.

If The Red Rifle can continue his great season.
This Bengals-Steelers game is gonna be high scoring.
I do think the Bengals can win it out due to a weak left side of the o-line for the Steelers.
Ben might have to move around more than ever.

MechDX

If The Red Rifle can continue his great season.
This Bengals-Steelers game is gonna be high scoring.
I do think the Bengals can win it out due to a weak left side of the o-line for the Steelers.
Ben might have to move around more than ever.

Until you hit the Bengals Killer aka TJ Yates on MNF in 3 weeks.

BigAT

Pierre Garcon filed a class action lawsuit on behalf of players against Fan Duel

on what grounds?

Statement from him:

"I am bringing this lawsuit against FanDuel for using my name, image, and likeness in both daily fantasy contests and through advertising on TV ads and infomercials. FanDuel has taken the liberty to engaged in these actions without my consent and without proper licensing rights. As a result of these activities, FanDuel daily fantasy contests have shown increasing revenues leading to large profits. Therefore, on behalf of myself as well as any other players who are being treated unjustly, I chose to file a complaint.

"I have been advised by my attorneys not to speak any further on the topic while the case is pending. Any other questions regarding this matter can be addressed to my agent, Brad Cicala."

Seems relatively legit. Why only FanDuel and not DraftKings as well?

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo ·
DraftKings has a licensing agreement with the NFLPA. FanDuel does not.

jakncoke

Banned
Statement from him:

"I am bringing this lawsuit against FanDuel for using my name, image, and likeness in both daily fantasy contests and through advertising on TV ads and infomercials. FanDuel has taken the liberty to engaged in these actions without my consent and without proper licensing rights. As a result of these activities, FanDuel daily fantasy contests have shown increasing revenues leading to large profits. Therefore, on behalf of myself as well as any other players who are being treated unjustly, I chose to file a complaint.

"I have been advised by my attorneys not to speak any further on the topic while the case is pending. Any other questions regarding this matter can be addressed to my agent, Brad Cicala."

Seems relatively legit. Why only FanDuel and not DraftKings as well?

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo ·
DraftKings has a licensing agreement with the NFLPA. FanDuel does not.

I see them winnings on the using hisimage in infomericals without consent but whats the difference of someone winning money on a daily fantasy/weekly vs. people winning seasonal leagues for decades? How do they get that to pass in lawsuit and ye how is Draftkings or any other low key thing anything different where you can win money on fantasy leagues. Is fanduel the biggest in town over draftkings?

MechDX

Ravens Safety Matt Elam has been suspended without pay for one game for violating the NFL Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse.

gutshot

I see them winnings on the using hisimage in infomericals without consent but whats the difference of someone winning money on a daily fantasy/weekly vs. people winning seasonal leagues for decades? How do they get that to pass in lawsuit and ye how is Draftkings or any other low key thing anything different where you can win money on fantasy leagues. Is fanduel the biggest in town over draftkings?

It's because seasonal leagues never made as much money so there wasn't really a point to suing. Once the money starts flowing, lawyers are soon to follow.

As noted, DraftKings has a NFLPA license, so they are allowed to use the players' names and likenessess to make money.

jakncoke

Banned
It's because seasonal leagues never made as much money so there wasn't really a point to suing. Once the money starts flowing, lawyers are soon to follow.

As noted, DraftKings has a NFLPA license, so they are allowed to use the players' names and likenessess to make money.

Oh didnt see the license on the bottom of where I quoted. Interesting.

BigAT

I would have to guess that most of the major traditional fantasy sites have an agreement with the NFLPA in some form. I could be wrong.

If nothing else, those sites certainly don't advertise using players names and images. Making money doesn't really have anything to do with it (aside from making themselves a bigger target), you can't use someone's name/image/likeness to advertise like that without their permission.

WedgeX

Banned
The fact that Mayhew says the Lions are "buyers" at the trade deadline when they're basically out of the playoffs already is absolutely infuriating.

The guy traded this year's 3rd rounder to move up and grab a DT who barely plays. He has zero idea what he's doing.

That's dann ridiculous.

This off season better be interesting.

jakncoke

Banned

Must be using kas advice

Gobias

Banned
There's a kid in front of me wearing a shirt that just says hentai. I assume he posts here.

Also the ICP are playing near campus tonight and there's a bunch of juggalos everywhere. Happy Halloween

Line_HTX

There's a kid in front of me wearing a shirt that just says hentai. I assume he posts here.

Also the ICP are playing near campus tonight and there's a bunch of juggalos everywhere. Happy Halloween

No one should ever wear that in public. Shame on him.

Which one?

You have

Lindsay Rhodes

Melissa Stark

Amber Theoharis

Colleen Wolfe
50301c9dd6f7f.image.jpg

Are those weinke's wives?

what am I thinking. He only has waifus.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
That's dann ridiculous.

This off season better be interesting.

"Interesting" as in "Mayhew and the entire front office are fired."

The thing that makes me mad is that if he's actually "buying," he's going to be screwing over the next GM.

ESPN headline "Baltimore Ravens best worst team in NFL History"

Who the fuck cares? All I see is a team good enough to lose. They can't even fail right.

Harbs said:
"A lot of teams would fold in this situation, but not the Ravens. That's not going to happen," Harbaugh said. "We will be writing the story, and it's going to be a really interesting story to read before it's all said and done."

No! The story will not be interesting. It will be "Ravens finish 6-10 and pick 11th.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Who the fuck cares? All I see is a team good enough to lose. They can't even fail right.

It's just an interesting statistical anomaly for a team that has played 7 one score games, most of which have gone down to their final possession, and the one game they won was the one where they were statistically dead in the water...twice.

Line_HTX

No! The story will not be interesting. It will be "Ravens finish 6-10 and pick 11th.

I hate how you're one of five teams that are officially worse than Houston. STOP LOSING!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Houston is comfortably the worst team in Football I believe. 49ers are close. Chicago has pulled into a comfortable third by not benching/trading Cutler.

Line_HTX

Houston is comfortably the worst team in Football I believe. 49ers are close. Chicago has pulled into a comfortable third by not benching/trading Cutler.

It's stupid because it's beyond obvious that Houston is the worst just by watching them play. But officially by the numbers, they're not the frontrunner for the first pick.

Fucking stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Anyone else rooting for the 6-10 AFC South divisional champions, The Indianapolis Colts, who go 6-0 in their division and 0-10 against the rest of the league?

Godslay

Banned
Anyone else rooting for the 6-10 AFC South divisional champions, The Indianapolis Colts, who go 6-0 in their division and 0-10 against the rest of the league?

Jags are on the uptick. If Luck is not 100%, and they don't clean up the administrative/coaching mess then Jags could actually give them a run for the money. Plenty of talent on that team, just needs to be realized.

Top Bottom