• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 9 |OT| - A Fraud Had Some Nice Shoes

Crisco

Banned
My point wasn't to criticize CAR's offense, but just to give a recent example of how an outstanding defense could help a struggling offense

Can't remember who said it, but it was basically "what football fans mistake as 'momentum' is actually field position"

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/drivestats

Like people wonder why Rivers is considered a good QB and throws for all those yards, yet they can't score. It's b/c his team has chronically bad field position. If Mike McCoy somehow gets fired, he should be in hot demand. He's the guy who figured out a Tebow solution, and got Rivers away from Turner's vertical offense and into a short passing offense. His error was hiring a Pagano and being at ground zero of some sort of unknown injury plague

Yeah the last time the Chargers had a good defense was when Rivera was their defensive coordinator. That also happened to be the season where every receiver on the Chargers roster got injured and Rivers #1 target for a while was Seyi Ajirotutu. That franchise is perpetually injury fucked, it's strange.

Also, for all the praise Carolina's defense gets, we've been pretty average against the run this season. Turnovers and not giving up big plays in the passing game have been the main reasons for our success.

MRSA

Banned
Trade him to the Raiders. That would be actually fun to see

Pls friend, make it happen.

A front 7 featuring Watt, Mack, and Aldon.....o meng o meng.

Old man Woodson would probably have like 20 INTs with that front.

I would probably need to see a urologist on the regular because of feeling hot and bothered constantly from that defense.

gutshot

Andrew Brandt @AndrewBrandt
Only in the NFL, (trade) deadlines rarely spur any action. #deadlines

Along w/Ron Wolf, we used to present different trade-enabling proposals. One was pushing deadline (way) back to Tgiving time, allowing more.

Another idea I used to push was allowing teams to trade Cap room, giving teams sitting on a lot of room ability to use it for good value.

In that scenario, Team A could trade, say, $5 million of excess Cap room for a veteran player (pay him too), give Team B more room to build.

NFL didn't seem interested in creating more buzz around trading. Wanted to avoid "rent-a-player" scenarios in baseball, didn't like concept.

Why wouldn't the NFL want to create buzz around trading? That is one of the most exciting times of the year for the MLB.

gutshot

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Broncos racing to rework contracts to create cap room at last minute...oh boy....

Here we go?

Crisco

Banned
With so many absolutely shitty teams, I thought we would see more movement

There are only a handful of positions in the NFL that you can just plug someone in and have them contribute midseason. Also, the good teams don't want to throw off locker room chemistry or blow up their salary cap plans with a blockbuster trade. It's not like the NBA where you can reshuffle your entire roster midseason, take a few games to figure it out, then get rolling.

Colin Kaepernick last 8 games in 2014
56% 1413yards 7td 5int 76.6 Passer rating 50 rush attempts

Colin Kaepernick first 8 games in 2015
59% 1615yards 6td 5int 78.8 Passer rating 45 rush attempts

"Browns & Broncos rushing to beat the NFL trade deadline that will send LT Joe Thomas & a 4th pick in '16 to Denver for a 1st/2nd in '16" - @DiannaESPN

Godslay

Banned
That fucking fax machine better fucking work!

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

jmdajr

Denver don't care about that 32nd pick

edit: Houston did great with Xavier Su'a-Filo. Who want's David Car''s bro? Not us!

Crisco

Banned
Broncos beat the Packers and realize they have a shot to win it all. Fuck you Green Bay, look what you've done!

MechDX

A potential Joe-Thomas-to-Denver deal that both sides were working on up until the deadline did not get completed, per league sources.

Schefter

The fix is in! I blame Kraft

gutshot

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
A potential Joe-Thomas-to-Denver deal that both sides were working on up until the deadline did not get completed, per league sources.

sadtrombone.com

Colasante

What a boring trade deadline. I hate the risk averse nature of NFL front offices. At least Elway tries to make something happen.

Top Bottom