• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 9 |OT| - A Fraud Had Some Nice Shoes

TheFatOne

Pats fans Jimmy Stewart from 98.5 is trippling down on his source saying Jason McCourty to the Pats. He's going to live and die by his source on this one. Don't think it's going to happen, but just giving my fellow Pats fans a heads up.

Sanjuro

Pats fans Jimmy Stewart from 98.5 is trippling down on his source saying Jason McCourty to the Pats. He's going to live and die by his source on this one. Don't think it's going to happen, but just giving my fellow Pats fans a heads up.

Was Devin at CB this spring training just trying to turn him back into his brother?

I just heard that as I was getting out of the car. When I get back in I wanna hear them talking about the trade going through.

It's probably not gonna happen though.

Spinluck

Dear lord

Those people are wrong. You can be a decent (or sometimes bad) QB and still win games. Look at Mark Sanchez. Look at Tebow. Look at Flacco. Look at Dalton this year. Hell look at Peyton this year. Not everybody is Brady or Rodgers. But I don't think the fact that his team is 7-0 should exempt him from criticism as far as his individual play. Last night the Panthers won but Cam played like shit for most of the game. Those two things can and should be separated.

Hell we've been criticizing Peyton's play the entire year and they haven't lost yet.

squicken

I thought it was kind of silly for Elway to load up on defensive players after Denver lost the Super Bowl with the offense putting up 8 points. The 85 Bears or 76 Steelers defense wouldn't have won that game. It was clear than as it is now that the offense is the problem and it starts with the guy under center. They won't win a Super Bowl with him.

CAR's longest scoring drive last night was 37 yards. A good defense helps an offense in ways other than keeping it close

cashman

Banned
Haven't seen enough to form an opinion. Although, I read he should be getting more attention than Oakman. Curious to see how well he tests.

What are your thoughts?

I think he's an absolute freak athletically. Super strong, maybe slightly undersized and has a pretty good burst. Think maybe like a more raw Aaron Donald.

MechDX

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet · 40s41 seconds ago
Not a trade, but… LB James-Michael Johnson, formerly of the #Jaguars, is signing with #Lions, I’m told.

Roar restored?

Roar Restored

MechDX

Josh Norman will battle Kuechly or Woodson for DPOTY

No love for Chandler Jones?

What about Justin Gilbert, that's Kave's boy.

CSwwheiVEAAYxX7.jpg:large

....cough....

Crisco

Banned
CAR's longest scoring drive last night was 37 yards. A good defense helps an offense in ways other than keeping it close

We had four 80 yard scoring drives against the Seahawks and the drive where we fumbled a snap last night had gone 77 yards. It's not an issue. In fact this offense excels at long, time consuming drives. It's just not quick strike.

Also the first drive that ended in a FG in OT went 57 yards (where Ginn dropped that shoulda been game winning bomb), so you're also wrong on the facts.

Farooq

Banned
I think he's an absolute freak athletically. Super strong, maybe slightly undersized and has a pretty good burst. Think maybe like a more raw Aaron Donald.

Yea, that's what I read. I am going to take a look. His powerlifting background is intriguing, although he mentioned that he trains differently for football. Really curious to see how he does at the senior bowl and combine.

Hindl

I know he likely won't be in the running, but Malcolm Jenkins has played like the best safety in the league so far this year.

I'd push for Cox over Jenkins personally. Jenkins has been an amazing safety, but Cox has been dominating

squicken

We have four 80 yard scoring drives against the Seahawks and the drive where we fumbled a snap last night had gone 77 yards. It's not an issue.

My point wasn't to criticize CAR's offense, but just to give a recent example of how an outstanding defense could help a struggling offense

Can't remember who said it, but it was basically "what football fans mistake as 'momentum' is actually field position"

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/drivestats

Like people wonder why Rivers is considered a good QB and throws for all those yards, yet they can't score. It's b/c his team has chronically bad field position. If Mike McCoy somehow gets fired, he should be in hot demand. He's the guy who figured out a Tebow solution, and got Rivers away from Turner's vertical offense and into a short passing offense. His error was hiring a Pagano and being at ground zero of some sort of unknown injury plague

Top Bottom