• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 9 |OT| - A Fraud Had Some Nice Shoes

ISOM

Cam was 21 years old when he entered the league. It's perfectly acceptable to be whiny and immature at that age! I'm still whiny and immature and I'm 12 years older!

Yeah not worth talking to someone who throws the racist card and tells me I'm not watching the games, which is not a defense for shit accuracy.

While Cam's accuracy is not ideal, it sounds like nitpicky bull to complain about it when his team is 7-0 and he has also engineered many clutch drives and throws.

Godslay

Banned
Say what you will but as a fan of a perennial loser franchise I think it's commendable what Elway is doing with the Broncos. Most GMs wouldn't rock the boat after a SB appearance regardless of outcome, yet he went so far as to change the entire coaching staff in hopes of getting the team over the hump.

It's high risk/high reward but I'd rather see that than settling for mediocrity or worse every season.

His largest success is rebuilding the culture in Denver after McD fucked it all up. McD is a fucking loser plain and simple. It's too bad the vacuum of Shanahan caused them to make such a terrible choice when they hired him. That's Elway's greatest victory imo.

Bread

Banned
His largest success is rebuilding the culture in Denver after McD fucked it all up. McD is a fucking loser plain and simple. It's too bad the vacuum of Shanahan caused them to make such a terrible choice when they hired him. That's Elway's greatest victory imo.
great offensive coordinator though

Exactly!

Texans are a good example of this. You're 3-5 and tied for first in your shitty division. You can look at it one of two ways:

1) Even with a shitty record you can still win the division and make the playoffs so do something to better your team

2) You have a shitty record trade off some assets and build up picks for the future.

But they choose to do nothing and stuck in a mediocrity circle that never ends. For the shit myself and others gave Irsay and grigson for the Richardson trade at least they made a choice and reacted.

Shit or get off the damn pot
Even with the Pats you always see them doing weird little trades and roster moves to try and improve the roster another half a percent. It's nothing major but oftentimes that sort of competitive drive to always improve in any way possible is what makes the difference.

I guess what separates the best GMs from the pack is being able to make high risk decisions that pan out.

Crisco

Banned
I thought it was kind of silly for Elway to load up on defensive players after Denver lost the Super Bowl with the offense putting up 8 points. The 85 Bears or 76 Steelers defense wouldn't have won that game. It was clear than as it is now that the offense is the problem and it starts with the guy under center. They won't win a Super Bowl with him.

I thought it was kind of silly for Elway to load up on defensive players after Denver lost the Super Bowl with the offense putting up 8 points. The 85 Bears or 76 Steelers defense wouldn't have won that game. It was clear than as it is now that the offense is the problem and it starts with the guy under center. They won't win a Super Bowl with him.

It's easier to find defensive players than franchise QBs though.

Farooq

Banned
Baseless prediction, Dallas brings in Hebron Fangupo off Kansas City's PS to add needed depth at DT. Got to fill Randle's roster spot.

Dragon

Banned
While Cam's accuracy is not ideal, it sounds like nitpicky bull to complain about it when his team is 7-0 and he has also engineered many clutch drives and throws.

Should I not complain about the Patriots offensive line injuries because the team is 7-0? Nah I think I'll continue to do so.

Line_HTX

Should I not complain about the Patriots offensive line injuries because the team is 7-0? Nah I think I'll continue to do so.

They have no more tackles and guards, receivers are washed up, the corners get beat, and Tom screams like a Biaaatch~

Am I doin' it right? =D

It would be lower if he was a worse passer.

Twitter_Picture_400x400.jpg

Line_HTX

Sometimes, I listen to Trent Dilfer on either the SC before SNF or Monday Night Countdown and I chuckle just like how John Madden used to commentate.

I think that the main issue with Cam is that he sometimes isn't very accurate with his passes and at the same time his receivers don't always catch the ball when it's thrown to them.

I don't think Cam Newton is a great passer of the football.

I don't think Cam Newton will ever be a great passer of the football.

Right now, I think he's average as a passer but can occasionally make terrific throws. I think his ceiling is a good passer who has the capability to make those great throws often.

I don't think he'll ever be a guy who terrorizes defenses exclusively with his arm.

But my thing is, how much does that really matter when he's finding ways to win regardless. For a long time, I was told that the true hallmark of a great quarterback was a guy who could overcome adversity and lead his team to victory.

And Cam's doing that. Sure it's unorthodox and sure it's ugly sometimes, but at the end of the day he's doing exactly what he's being asked to do, right?

So what's the problem with it?

Like I said, when he was putting up historic numbers as a rookie, it was Just Losez. Now that he's leading an undefeated football team, it's But His Stats Tho. You can't pick and choose your metric by which you judge QBs just because it makes a guy you don't like look bad.

I don't think Cam Newton is a great passer of the football.

I don't think Cam Newton will ever be a great passer of the football.

Right now, I think he's average as a passer but can occasionally make terrific throws. I think his ceiling is a good passer who has the capability to make those great throws often.

But my thing is, how much does that really matter when he's finding ways to win regardless. For a long time, I was told that the true hallmark of a great quarterback was a guy who could overcome adversity and lead his team to victory.

And Cam's doing that. Sure it's unorthodox and sure it's ugly sometimes, but at the end of the day he's doing exactly what he's being asked to do, right?

So what's the problem with it?

Like I said, when he was putting up historic numbers as a rookie, it was Just Losez. Now that he's leading an undefeated football team, it's But His Stats Tho. You can't pick and choose your metric by which you judge QBs just because it makes a guy you don't like look bad.

Those people are wrong. You can be a decent (or sometimes bad) QB and still win games. Look at Mark Sanchez. Look at Tebow. Look at Flacco. Look at Dalton this year. Hell look at Peyton this year. Not everybody is Brady or Rodgers. But I don't think the fact that his team is 7-0 should exempt him from criticism as far as his individual play. Last night the Panthers won but Cam played like shit for most of the game. Those two things can and should be separated.

Farooq

Banned
Have you seen Andrew Billings of Baylor play? If so what do you think of him.

Haven't seen enough to form an opinion. Although, I read he should be getting more attention than Oakman. Curious to see how well he tests.

What are your thoughts?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I don't think Megatron gets traded today but I'm pretty certain we'll trade him in the offseason.

And if Caldwell was going to get fired it would've happened yesterday so I think we're riding with him till the end of the season. I just don't see what Assistants or HC candidates will be available once the season is over and what happens with Martin Mayhew and Tom Lewand.

Hunter S.

lol at baseball.

According to Nielsen and Variety, the Broncos-Packers game “averaged a 7.2 rating/19 share in adults 18-49 and about 20 million viewers overall.” Despite the Royals being crowned world champions the Broncos game still achieved the best ratings of the night.

Those people are wrong. You can be a decent (or sometimes bad) QB and still win games. Look at Mark Sanchez. Look at Tebow. Look at Flacco. Look at Dalton this year. Hell look at Peyton this year. Not everybody is Brady or Rodgers. But I don't think the fact that his team is 7-0 should exempt him from criticism as far as his individual play. Last night the Panthers won but Cam played like shit for most of the game. Those two things can and should be separated.

There was a guy from PFT on the radio in Vegas today. The host asked him what he thought of Cam this year and the great season he was having and the PFT guy said he had him rated as the 28th best QB this year. The announcer was incredulous that a 7-0 QB could be rated so lowly. Cam was dreadful in that game against the Eagles, but the Panthers run the ball and play D so that covers up a ton of his poor play.

Line_HTX

Fucking dying here... Now I want a trade to happen just for the hell of it.

Come on, 50 minutes left until the deadline.

Top Bottom