• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 9 |OT| - A Fraud Had Some Nice Shoes

bionic77

Speaking of fat slobs, rando and RBH is there anything that doctors can cure?

My boy bell tore a tiny string in his knees and the best doctors can't get him back on the field for a whole year.

You guys are good for nothing!

Dragon

Banned
jerseys these days...

tumblr_mdxcg5ZjcL1qci7aeo1_250.gif

My boy bell tore a tiny string in his knees and the best doctors can't get him back on the field for a whole year.

tumblr_mzgpg5yaQY1r5jv7ho1_500.gif

Be glad. For some, it's a career ender.

Also, you do have DeAngelo Williams still.

MRSA

Banned

Dear bionic,

This week we are enemies but we are united by two common loves; our love for the Lakers and our love of bringing out the truth of the cheating Patriots.

Fuck you

PS, tell the Nuggets to go easy on our Lakers tonight.

There really hasn't been a run away game by either team. Given the way the Broncos have played they should win, but everyone had Panthers pegged to beat up on them and Colts showed plenty of life.
I mean... we can talk about how much the Packers suck, but the Broncos played out of their minds on Sunday. If they somehow carry that over week after week, they won't lose a game.

So the danger is, as always, a down game against a good team. Or, more relevantly when considering the Colts, a garbage game against a bad team.

Cornbread78

Dear bionic,

This week we are enemies but we are united by two common loves; our love for the Lakers and our love of bringing out the truth of the cheating Patriots.

Fuck you

Lakers are horrible, juzz sayin'

Godslay

Banned
I mean... we can talk about how much the Packers suck, but the Broncos played out of their minds on Sunday. If they somehow carry that over week after week, they won't lose a game.

So the danger is, as always, a down game against a good team. Or, more relevantly when considering the Colts, a garbage game against a bad team.

That was a special game.

You won't see that week over week.

Well Keenan Allen going down pretty much means my fantasy football season over.

But on FanDuel it's a new season every week!

There's no season-long commitment so you can play when you want!

Play for a chance to win real cash prizes!

Leagues start as low as a dollar!

If you join today, use my promo code TOP5NARYTOP3QB and FanDuel will match your first deposit up to 200 bucks!

What's there to lose? Get off the sidelines and get some!

Well Keenan Allen going down pretty much means my fantasy football season over.

But on FanDuel it's a new season every week!

There's no season-long commitment so you can play when you want!

Play for a chance to win real cash prizes!

Leagues start as low as a dollar!

If you join today, use my promo code TOP5NARYTOP3QB and FanDuel will match your first deposit up to 200 bucks!

What's there to lose? Get off the sidelines and get some!

but what if i'm just an average fucking idiot? what about someone like me?????????????????????????????????????????????????

but what if i'm just an average fucking idiot? what about someone like me?????????????????????????????????????????????????

Have you heard of Scott Hansen?

B429UcgCIAAPoZm.jpg

He's a real person just like you who turned a few bucks into a real 2 million dollar cash prize playing FanDuel!

Here's his picture again if you didn't see it the first time!

B429UcgCIAAPoZm.jpg

Join FanDuel
Put down a few dollar deposit
Use my promo code HARBZZZZ1 and FanDuel will match that deposit
Join a league

Win REAL MONEY!

It's that easy!

Have you heard of Scott Hansen?

B429UcgCIAAPoZm.jpg

He's a real person just like you who turned a few bucks into a real 2 million dollar cash prize playing FanDuel!

Here's his picture again if you didn't see it the first time!

B429UcgCIAAPoZm.jpg

Join FanDuel
Put down a few dollar deposit
Use my promo code HARBZZZZ1 and FanDuel will match that deposit
Join a league

Win REAL MONEY!

It's that easy!

mmmmm i'd definitely partake in that reverse oreo

Highlights from Farmer presser..
Hayden Grove ‏ @ H_Grove now Ohio, USA
Farmer: "I guess it's time for me to conversate about the Cleveland Browns." # Browns

I can see the sweat on Ray Farmer's forehead. He's sweating on the podium in this press conference. # Browns

Farmer asked for a napkin for the sweat on his head. I'm not making this up. # Browns

Highlights from Farmer presser..

He knows about the fire we set BG. It's hot in there with the petition of 50 names baby.

mmmmm i'd definitely partake in that reverse oreo

This is why I think you are a boy dad.

Yall be careful what you wish for, if Farmer gets canned, well lets just say.... Holmgren's not walking thru that door to save your franchise again...

But we will get Pey-Pey as our GM.

Just watched the Packers get crushed again on Game Pass. I don't care about the defense right now, their deficiencies are pretty consistent year to year. Either they'll have shored them up by the end of the year, or we're boned. Anyway, too soon for that call.

So here is a stream of consciousness megapost on just the offense.

First half thoughts:

Doesn't look all that different from what we're used to. With the exception that apart from the first two plays, the Pack can't run the ball worth a damn. Couldn't match the intensity, or the D giving up 17 points early, or some combination, who knows. But there are a lot of Broncos defenders beating lineman to the point of attack. Pretty embarrassing. Best you can say for the Packer guys is they didn't let (too many) rushers past in pass pro. Not too many. Got Rodgers blown up a couple times already, and it's only the 2nd quarter. Almost never had a clean pocket, whether he got hit or not. I know Denver's D is the best in the league (because I believe in statistics!), but this offensive line is supposed to be good. They weren't in this game. (edit: I guess what I'm saying is that it does in fact look pretty different from what we're used to)

Passing game: WRs aren't getting open every play, but OTOH when they're not, there's usually a lot of room for a certain QB to take off into. Problems: (1) he's looking downfield to throw, (2) the pocket is collapsing in all directions. When the ball came out quick, the Denver open field tackling was great. No YAC for the WRs.

Best Packers plays on offense have been misdirection in the run game. Reverse, counters, etc. Only happened a few times, blink and you'd miss it.

Second half:

Packers started with a grindy drive that ended in Crosby bombing in a FG. Interesting in a few ways:

1. ball usually came out quick
2. Rodgers got blown up multiple times despite that
3. most successful play was a Rodgers scramble
4. run game was 2 yards and a cloud of dust

Scramble drill was pretty poor, basically consisted of guys running deep. Maybe that was the game plan? It didn't work.

No respect for Lacy/Starks in the passing game. If they stayed in to block, that was an excuse for the Broncos to keep an extra guy around Rodgers. If he goes out into the flat, they left him open and dared Rodgers to throw it there, knowing that it'll be at best a one yard gain. And since we couldn't run worth a damn... (note: this is where Lacy being out of shape hurts. Impossible to say if it hurts much in the run game, because there are no holes anyway)

2nd drive, down 24-10 (uh oh!), moving the ball pretty good, nice PA pass to Cobb. Looking a bit like the Packers. But ends with a bizarre 2nd down jailbreak where Sitton and Linsley make simultaneous decision to first double block and then not block the DL and blitzing LB. Rodgers is crushed. 3rd and forever, nothing, punt.

3rd drive, down 27-10, first play, Richard Rodgers fucks up another block (not his first tonight...), Rodgers goes full Weeden, safety.

4th drive, 29-10, Rodgers takes a bad sack on 1st down. A few plays later, the ridiculous forward progress call against James Jones ends the drive and the game. (it was already over)

General thoughts:

Denver had us really well scouted. Nothing really surprised them all game, and they were always one step ahead on any wrinkle the Pack introduced -- with one exception. They never really shut down the Cobb coming out of the backfield look. Of course, the Pack went away from it for ... reasons. (possibly "we don't want to get Cobb killed during a only-slightly-meaningful regular season game" reasons?) Get back to 100% soon, Randall. You too, Ty Montgomery.

Fans lament not having Jordy, and there's no doubt the Pack miss the deep threat. But I find it pretty idiotic when we pretend you need a deep threat to have offensive success with a QB of Rodgers' caliber. You just need to scheme. Packers came in vanilla as fuck, and the Broncos blew them the fuck out.

tl;dr: Block better, assholes. Scheme better, assholes.

effzee

I've been super busy at work and barely online or in the loop. What did I miss?

Wise hunt fired
V. Davis traded
Keema Allen out for the season
Pep fired
Kaep to the Eagles?

bionic77

Dear bionic,

Fuck you

I don't mind the Lakers sucking dick. I have seen that before. When I was in college in Ohio it was really easy to get good tickets for nothing in Cleveland because Ohio. I convinced 4 of my best friends to go see Fat Magic instead of MJ. No drugs or violence was involved, I persuaded them with the facts. For some reason none of them wanted to talk to me after the game, probably unrelated, but I am still friends with all of them today and if we look back on it at least 2 of us agree that we made the right decision. What hurts is seeing Kobe being washed up. After the past 15+ years of joy he has given Lakers fans I don't want it to end like this.

Also, I used to hate the Raiders but you guys have sucked dick for so long it is hard to really get up for this game anymore. The Raiders when they suck always beat us. When they are decent we always handle them. You guys might be good this year so based on that trend I think we got it.

Regardless of who wins, fuck the Pats.

MRSA

Banned
I don't mind the Lakers sucking dick. I have seen that before. When I was in college in Ohio it was really easy to get good tickets for nothing in Cleveland because Ohio. I convinced 4 of my best friends to go see Fat Magic instead of MJ. No drugs or violence was involved, I persuaded them with the facts. For some reason none of them wanted to talk to me after the game, probably unrelated, but I am still friends with all of them today and if we look back on it at least 2 of us agree that we made the right decision. What hurts is seeing Kobe being washed up. After the past 15+ years of joy he has given Lakers fans I don't want it to end like this.

Also, I used to hate the Raiders but you guys have sucked dick for so long it is hard to really get up for this game anymore. The Raiders when they suck always beat us. When they are decent we always handle them. You guys might be good this year so based on that trend I think we got it.

Regardless of who wins, fuck the Pats.

We will watch the Lakers prosper again soon friend, we will do so eating fried chicken.

Farooq

Banned
Cowboys grading chart for their defensive line. Nick Hayden posted it on twitter to prove he wasn't terrible against Seattle.

FLW7q6w.jpg

Interesting to see a team's grading chart. Posting on mobile, so can't tell if it is too big.

Top Bottom