• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 9 |OT| - A Fraud Had Some Nice Shoes

squicken

Which reason?

Too short to get a seat at the adult's table?
Doesn't try hard?
Is inaccurate?
Holds onto the ball too long?
Makes bad decisions when he does throw?
Isn't actually fast enough/a savvy enough runner to make it to the second level against professional competition?

Generally speaking, I think he lacks the physical ability to be an NFL QB. So, a lot of those

Just from the limited film comparison I'd say Tom Brady today is a better rushing QB. Maybe Peyton as well.
I was/am a Johnny. But I'm not pep or kas when it comes to Johnny boy or any of my qbs. Hell I don't even believe he'll be our Qb next season. But this one is silly, you're just trying to pile on.

Farooq

Banned
@RapSheet

The #Cowboys are signing RB Trey Williams from the #Redskins practice squad, source said. He takes Joseph Randle's roster spot.

Looks like Dallas isn't done raiding another team's PS for RBs. Seems to be a replacement for the role vacated by Dunbar.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I was/am a Johnny. But I'm not pep or kas when it comes to Johnny boy or any of my qbs. Hell I don't even believe he'll be our Qb next season. But this one is silly, you're just trying to pile on.

He's super fucking slow! He's the Trent Richardson of rushing qbs! A Cadillac of failure!

squicken

99.9% positive you were one of the people saying they "need to find out what they have" in Manziel.

The QB failure rate with this Browns team would be 99%. They cannot run the ball or stop anyone on defense. It's a shooting gallery on any QB. Any QB making his 4th start would not be up to speed fully on blitz/coverage recognition. Make it Cincy's defense and it is an impossible task

As far as Manziel specifically, like I said, I have seen enough. It was a fun ride in college. But he lacks the physical and emotional ability to perform in the NFL

Sanjuro

I think my reasoning of not giving the nod to McCown or Johnny is if I recall their contracts are nearly identical for the same duration.

eznark

Banned
The QB failure rate with this Browns team would be 99%. They cannot run the ball or stop anyone on defense. It's a shooting gallery on any QB. Any QB making his 4th start would not be up to speed fully on blitz/coverage recognition. Make it Cincy's defense and it is an impossible task

As far as Manziel specifically, like I said, I have seen enough. It was a fun ride in college. But he lacks the physical and emotional ability to perform in the NFL

Yet when the season started you shit on Pettine for starting McCown.

He's super fucking slow! He's the Trent Richardson of rushing qbs! A Cadillac of failure!
You're about to make me sound like a stan!
Here's the 40 comparison http://m.49ers.com/video/videos/40-yard-Dash-Kap-vs-Cam-vs-Luck-vs-Manziel/451f1541-58be-4d99-a544-119677ae5d71
But I will say he did look slow last season, the little game tape this year he's looked quicker and up to speed though.
.....dosent matter really though as I expect us to be destroyed tomorrow .... I expect all our qbs to play like a normal year
Rays in denial #FireFarmer

squicken

Yet when the season started you shit on Pettine for starting McCown.

I also thought their new OC would be awful. I was wrong.

I also thought their WRs would suck, the defense's "name" players would continue to suck, Pettine would show no ability to fix anything, and it would be another lost year. Did okay there

eznark

Banned
^ None of that has anything to do with you doing a 180 on your thoughts on Manziel, unless you're going to tell me his 50 not completely awful attempts this year were enough to sway you. Please don't say that.
ez

Make me feel better about the loss this past weekend

It's been so long since we looked that bad

I still haven't really watched it. I went from a week in Disney to immediately going to Denver for a four day weekend. I'm swamped.

Kind of glad the Ohio legalization failed. I clearly am too old to handle those delicious strawberry cheesecake weed chocolate bars. Also pro tip...you're not supposed to eat the entire thing at once. Or I am, you can, just be prepared for insanity!

Kind of glad the Ohio legalization failed. I clearly am too old to handle those delicious strawberry cheesecake weed chocolate bars. Also pro tip...you're not supposed to eat the entire thing at once. Or I am, you can, just be prepared for insanity!
I think a deal will be passed in the not so distant future. I think people wanted a better deal, the use of the word monopoly in describing the deal probably put off a lot.

Konka

Banned
You're about to make me sound like a stan!
Here's the 40 comparison http://m.49ers.com/video/videos/40-yard-Dash-Kap-vs-Cam-vs-Luck-vs-Manziel/451f1541-58be-4d99-a544-119677ae5d71
But I will say he did look slow last season, the little game tape this year he's looked quicker and up to speed though.
.....dosent matter really though as I expect us to be destroyed tomorrow .... I expect all our qbs to play like a normal year
Rays in denial #FireFarmer

Serious question. Why is calling somebody a stan a thing now 15 years after the song came out. I can swear that this hasn't been a thing over the past 15 years.

I hope Teddy finally starts playing like he did at the end of last year.

I know his line is horrible and he's under pressure almost every drop back but I would like to see some strides.

Serious question. Why is calling somebody a stan a thing now 15 years after the song came out. I can swear that this hasn't been a thing over the past 15 years.

Because people use the term while simultaneously forgetting he existed.
Yeah it's really not even about the song anymore lol. Most ppl probably don't even realize the song. When I first heard the term didn't even realize it originated in that song. Quit being a old
Besides Kanye staning is the new hotness.

Crisco

Banned
ez

Make me feel better about the loss this past weekend

It's been so long since we looked that bad

I think the Packers just didn't game plan much for that one. Maybe they thought their defense could keep the Broncos in check or generate some turnovers for easy points. That was prevailing theory nationally anyway. Offensively, they kept it close to the vest with a very vanilla gameplan. Against the Panthers you're going to see a different offense, with routes and plays specifically designed to attack our weaknesses. It's a much more important game with actual playoff implications for both teams.

eznark

Banned
I think a deal will be passed in the not so distant future. I think people wanted a better deal, the use of the word monopoly in describing the deal probably put off a lot.

Issue 2 got destroyed. Didn't help issue 3. Given how soundly recreational pot was defeated in Ohio, I doubt anyone will put significant money into in in the future. It'll be an after the tipping point state.

Konka

Banned
Yeah it's really not even about the song anymore lol. Most ppl probably don't even realize the song. When I first heard the term didn't even realize it originated in that song. Quit being a old
Besides Kanye staning is the new hotness.

BG. I think you're statement here has allowed me to comfortably become old in a few years.

squicken

^ None of that has anything to do with you doing a 180 on your thoughts on Manziel, unless you're going to tell me his 50 not completely awful attempts this year were enough to sway you. Please don't say that.!

It's kind of like RG3. At some point, enough evidence mounts that a guy just isn't an NFL player. Coaches and teammates know when a guy is earning his place on the roster. There's never been an outcry from Skins players for RG3, or from CLE players for Manziel. That's been enough to convince me, along with him just looking too slight of build in his limiting playing time this year

bionic77

^ None of that has anything to do with you doing a 180 on your thoughts on Manziel, unless you're going to tell me his 50 not completely awful attempts this year were enough to sway you. Please don't say that.

I still haven't really watched it. I went from a week in Disney to immediately going to Denver for a four day weekend. I'm swamped.

How was Disney?

We are going there in 10 days for a week. I have not been to World for close to 20 years. When I was in Cali me and the wife went to Land and were not impressed (sorry Cali brothers, World is much better). Thinking of getting some kind of stroller/wagon to lug the kids around when they get tired. I remember World involves a shit load of walking. Hopefully the lines are light and it doesn't rain.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's kind of like RG3. At some point, enough evidence mounts that a guy just isn't an NFL player. Coaches and teammates know when a guy is earning his place on the roster. There's never been an outcry from Skins players for RG3, or from CLE players for Manziel. That's been enough to convince me, along with him just looking too slight of build in his limiting playing time this year

The difference between these two players is that if you built a team completely from scratch, you could probably make a good team with RG3 as QB where you likely could not do it with Manziel. He's just not an NFL talent at any level.

BigAT

The difference between these two players is that if you built a team completely from scratch, you could probably make a good team with RG3 as QB where you likely could not do it with Manziel. He's just not an NFL talent at any level.

What exactly are you basing that off of?

Drakeon

Wait RG3 from 2015? Not RG3 from 2012? Because that's a crazy statement to say he's better than Manziel. RG3 looked like basically the worst QB in the league the past year or two.

I'm not saying he couldn't be fixed, but he certainly needs time to sit and get to a QB friendly offense.

eznark

Banned
How was Disney?

We are going there in 10 days for a week. I have not been to World for close to 20 years. When I was in Cali me and the wife went to Land and were not impressed (sorry Cali brothers, World is much better). Thinking of getting some kind of stroller/wagon to lug the kids around when they get tired. I remember World involves a shit load of walking. Hopefully the lines are light and it doesn't rain.

It was awesome. We got one of those double strollers so the 3 year old could ride while the 5 year old stood on the back part. Easier than a wagon.

My mom had a fitbit and we averaged about 6-10 miles a day walking, depending on the park.

I'd probably recommend waiting til all the kids are 44" though. My son made it on all the 40" rides but we basically had to smuggle him in. My daughter made the 44" ones barely and...some of those were a mistake. Two weeks later and she'll still say "daddy, I don't want to go on tower of terror again" at random times.

Animal Kingdom was dope, two days is plenty for Magic Kingdom, and Hollywood was good if your kids are into Pixar stuff. Those were the only places we went this time.

The wrist band payment system is fucking MINDBLOWING.

large-20151104075302_zpsyftkvac8.jpg

Man God

Non-Canon Member
What exactly are you basing that off of?

That time the team that was built around him and what he could do made the playoffs?

I mean, he's a step away from being out of the league right now ala Kaep but what I'm saying is that he once was able to perform at a high level and could possibly do it again. Manziel however just isn't talented enough to hang on any level.

brentech

Probably not. The state arbitrarily seemed to make up issue 2 to complicate matters. The verbiage is super dumb and only one paragraph in the entire thing was semi relevant. Basically just a reason to make people read the word 'monopoly' or 'cartel' 5 times.
Issue 2 got destroyed. Didn't help issue 3. Given how soundly recreational pot was defeated in Ohio, I doubt anyone will put significant money into in in the future. It'll be an after the tipping point state.
But yeah, at the end of the day issue 3 (legalize pot) failed so bad that I don't see who is going to spend the money and time to get it back on the ballet soon. I don't think Responsible Ohio is going to be creative enough to change their plans.

It is pretty awesome. Don't have to worry about shit.

eznark

Banned
But yeah, at the end of the day issue 3 (legalize pot) failed so bad that I don't see who is going to spend the money and time to get it back on the ballet soon. I don't think Responsible Ohio is going to be creative enough to change their plans.

If they can convince the state chamber to at least stand on the sidelines they might have a chance, and honestly as recreational use becomes more common and businesses in legal states don't see problems, the chamber lobbying money will probably be allocated elsewhere.

Would that have helped you to stop shitting your pants all the time?

Unfortunately, Manziel is being setup to fail this week. Being named the starter on... Tuesday night... when your game is Thursday? And the Browns are playing the 7-0 division leading Cincinatti Bengals?

If McCown is too hurt to play then I guess he has no choice, but I don't think it's possible for Manziel to succeed here, and when he inevitably fails, it'll be hard to get another honest start because of it.

How was Disney?

Disney World is fucking awesome... Went there last November with my family. This is a really good time of year to go, it's not busy at all, and we probably went around the same time. We all stayed in different hotels, my (then) GF and I at the Animal Kingdom, the rest of my family (parents, sisters/husband, and their kids) stayed in the Contemporary. My hotel was awesome but it was pretty far from everything, but the bar was great... Solid drinks, great food. Are you staying on property?

There's definitely a lot of walking, and I'd encourage you to setup your fast pass stuff now (or, ideally, a month ago). Assuming you have your magic bands (silly name, but a great thing when they work) you can schedule out all of your rides/activities on the Disney website, and it really helps... Even though it seems like you'll be scheduling your whole vacation, it helps to have a plan because the parks can be so overwhelming. Assuming you've bought your park passes already and they're on your bands, one thing I'd recommend is to try them out at a park first on a day that you don't have anything time sensitive planned. I got down there a couple days after the rest of my family, and we had a scheduled breakfast and an early opening at the Magic Kingdom with the kids, and I couldn't get into the park because my band was screwed up and didn't have any of my park passes on it (but it did have my room stuff on it, weird). I got it sorted out but it was still a mess and I missed most of the breakfast with my nieces and nephews sorting it out. Disney was very, very courteous and helpful with it, but I was still pretty frustrated.

Last year Downtown Disney was a complete shit show due to construction and around the holidays it gets PACKED with people buying stuff, so if it's the same this year I'd just avoid Downtown Disney (this is a mixed shopping/dining/entertainment area, but it's not a park).

Something your kids will love, assuming they're.. I dunno like ages 3 - 8, is the great jungle gyms / playgrounds that they have at the Animal Kingdom park and Hollywood Studios. The animal kingdom one especially is great. It's this enormous dino themed play ground, which seems silly when you're in an amusement park (the whole place is a playground, right?), but this is perfect for kids to get all of their energy out swinging, climbing, sliding, etc. They have some pretty huge slides in this section that my 3.5 year old nephew loved, but they were big enough for kids who were older like 7 or 8 too. It's also just free form play for the kids. It's also covered by a canopy so it's in the shade and comfortable for parents to sit and hang out. If you're going with your parents or your wife's parents, it's a good opportunity for them to sit in one area and watch the kids for an hour while you and your wife go on some of the bigger roller coasters. The Everest roller coaster at Animal Kingdom is pretty awesome, my favorite ride throughout the Disney parks.

Konka

Banned
Unfortunately, Manziel is being setup to fail this week. Being named the starter on... Tuesday night... when your game is Thursday? And the Browns are playing the 7-0 division leading Cincinatti Bengals?

If McCown is too hurt to play then I guess he has no choice, but I don't think it's possible for Manziel to succeed here, and when he inevitably fails, it'll be hard to get another honest start because of it.

Fortunately for Manziel, this game technically counts as a prime time game for the Bengals.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Just to educate everyone, Josh McCown is injured. He's not being benched or demoted.

Johnny Manziel is the backup.

brentech

Would that have helped you to stop shitting your pants all the time?
Luckily I made it without that problem. When it was bad I was just away from my desk and missing too much work. That's why I had to leave the normal job and work on my own.
Now I'm fairly healthy, but apparently pot does help some people with ulcerative colitis or crohns.
Who knows. Wasn't a problem until I was in college and seems to finally be calming down. Only 12 years of my life ruined!

tmdorsey

It was awesome. We got one of those double strollers so the 3 year old could ride while the 5 year old stood on the back part. Easier than a wagon.

My mom had a fitbit and we averaged about 6-10 miles a day walking, depending on the park.

I'd probably recommend waiting til all the kids are 44" though. My son made it on all the 40" rides but we basically had to smuggle him in. My daughter made the 44" ones barely and...some of those were a mistake. Two weeks later and she'll still say "daddy, I don't want to go on tower of terror again" at random times.

Animal Kingdom was dope, two days is plenty for Magic Kingdom, and Hollywood was good if your kids are into Pixar stuff. Those were the only places we went this time.

Yes it is. World in general is great. Hollywood Studios is my favorite. I think my girls like Magic Kingdom though obviously. Went on a Disney cruise about a month ago. It's really like the park on a boat. Expensive though jeez. I highly recommend it though.

Bowser

Sam Monson @PFF_Sam
Ted Ginn has dropped 23% of catchable balls thrown his way. That's really bad. Devin Funchess is at 46%. That's "are his eyes even open?"

;_;

Top Bottom