• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 9 |OT| - A Fraud Had Some Nice Shoes

I hope Teddy finally starts playing like he did at the end of last year.

I know his line is horrible and he's under pressure almost every drop back but I would like to see some strides.

I've been a little concerned at his inconsistency this season, Banned, but it's never been as troubling as Ponder was. He played mediocre (and that's me being nice) almost the entire game vs. CHI, but I tell you what, man- those last two drives were fantastic. That was veteran level play for a young guy- and it was there when the Vikes needed it most. I hope it's just a sophomore slump.

During the Frazier era, the Vikes definitely lose two of those last three games (KAN and CHI). Last year they inched closer, but still couldn't quite close those deals. This year their defense is keeping them in it and the offense is doing just enough to get wins.
Red zone offense is still a problem, as are the slow starts. Some of Norv's playcalling is head-scratching and I'm beginning to wonder if the old man is just long in the tooth in today's NFL.

Tough part of the schedule is rapidly approaching. The Rams will be a great test at home, but the Vikes are a better overall team and should win. Then we get the Carr vs. Bridgewater battle in Oakland, then an absolutely brutal stretch of GB, ATL, SEA, and AZ. If the Vikes can take even three of those six I'll feel ok. It'll also guarantee them at least an 8-8 record, which is an improvement from last season. I still feel like this will be a 10-6 team with a one-and-done in the Wild Card. It's progress, though.
Defense will be fine- but this offense needs to step up.

eznark

Banned
I can't wait til that wristband system is universal. All it'll take is for one of the payment systems to "win" significant market share.

No real reason my Moto360 or Band 2 couldn't have the exact same functionality. Tap your wrist, enter a pin number, and you get shit for free. Bernie gonna pay my credit card bill!

bionic77

It was awesome. We got one of those double strollers so the 3 year old could ride while the 5 year old stood on the back part. Easier than a wagon.

My mom had a fitbit and we averaged about 6-10 miles a day walking, depending on the park.

I'd probably recommend waiting til all the kids are 44" though. My son made it on all the 40" rides but we basically had to smuggle him in. My daughter made the 44" ones barely and...some of those were a mistake. Two weeks later and she'll still say "daddy, I don't want to go on tower of terror again" at random times.

Animal Kingdom was dope, two days is plenty for Magic Kingdom, and Hollywood was good if your kids are into Pixar stuff. Those were the only places we went this time.

The wrist band payment system is fucking MINDBLOWING.
Double stroller it is.

My daughter just barely makes 40", son is just under 44" but I don't think they are ready for shit like Tower of Terror. I think they can handle Space Mountain though if we are big enough for it. Me and the son are dying to go on the updated Star Tours ride and we were just glad they were big enough for that.

We have a 4 day pass and the plan is 2 days at Magic, 1 day at Hollywood and 1 day at Animal Kingdom.

My sister goes every year so I knew about the wrist band thing, I was more happy with the tags for our luggage that will magically show up in our room (if this shit works).

Disney World is fucking awesome... Went there last November with my family. This is a really good time of year to go, it's not busy at all, and we probably went around the same time. We all stayed in different hotels, my (then) GF and I at the Animal Kingdom, the rest of my family (parents, sisters/husband, and their kids) stayed in the Contemporary. My hotel was awesome but it was pretty far from everything, but the bar was great... Solid drinks, great food. Are you staying on property?

There's definitely a lot of walking, and I'd encourage you to setup your fast pass stuff now (or, ideally, a month ago). Assuming you have your magic bands (silly name, but a great thing when they work) you can schedule out all of your rides/activities on the Disney website, and it really helps... Even though it seems like you'll be scheduling your whole vacation, it helps to have a plan because the parks can be so overwhelming. Assuming you've bought your park passes already and they're on your bands, one thing I'd recommend is to try them out at a park first on a day that you don't have anything time sensitive planned. I got down there a couple days after the rest of my family, and we had a scheduled breakfast and an early opening at the Magic Kingdom with the kids, and I couldn't get into the park because my band was screwed up and didn't have any of my park passes on it (but it did have my room stuff on it, weird). I got it sorted out but it was still a mess and I missed most of the breakfast with my nieces and nephews sorting it out. Disney was very, very courteous and helpful with it, but I was still pretty frustrated.

Last year Downtown Disney was a complete shit show due to construction and around the holidays it gets PACKED with people buying stuff, so if it's the same this year I'd just avoid Downtown Disney (this is a mixed shopping/dining/entertainment area, but it's not a park).

Something your kids will love, assuming they're.. I dunno like ages 3 - 8, is the great jungle gyms / playgrounds that they have at the Animal Kingdom park and Hollywood Studios. The animal kingdom one especially is great. It's this enormous dino themed play ground, which seems silly when you're in an amusement park (the whole place is a playground, right?), but this is perfect for kids to get all of their energy out swinging, climbing, sliding, etc. They have some pretty huge slides in this section that my 3.5 year old nephew loved, but they were big enough for kids who were older like 7 or 8 too. It's also just free form play for the kids. If you're going with your parents or your wife's parents, it's a good opportunity for them to sit in one area and watch the kids for an hour while you and your wife go on some of the bigger roller coasters. The Everest roller coaster at Animal Kingdom is pretty awesome, my favorite ride throughout the Disney parks.
We are staying at the one near Animal Kingdom. Don't remember the name. Never stayed on site before. My dad thought that was a waste of money. We usually rented a house and played golf and tennis on the days we did not go to the park. That was actually a ton of fun but my kids are the perfect age for Disney and everyone says it is easier at the park hotels. Plus we are doing some kind of character themed breakfast or lunch.

No parents come with us so we can't go on the bigger rides. Just hope it doesn't rain. I know the kids will have a ton of fun. We are probably going to Downtown Disney one day for the Rainforest Cafe. My kids have never been there before. I have been there a bunch with my uncle and my cousins (the one in DC not Florida). The food was always blah but I remember little kids loved that place.

Sanjuro

My step father is one of those weird Disney nuts for some reason, so I ended up always staying at the parks. The Animal Kingdom resort was the last time I went, and was probably the most enjoyable. You had a balcony and giraffes were just hanging out next to you. I just remember the worst part about the resorts years prior was the food. Even as a kid, I'm still haunted by the crap they used to serve. Glad they fixed that.

Epcot was the best though.

eznark

Banned
Double stroller it is.

My daughter just barely makes 40", son is just under 44" but I don't think they are ready for shit like Tower of Terror. I think they can handle Space Mountain though if we are big enough for it. Me and the son are dying to go on the updated Star Tours ride and we were just glad they were big enough for that.

We have a 4 day pass and the plan is 2 days at Magic, 1 day at Hollywood and 1 day at Animal Kingdom.

My sister goes every year so I knew about the wrist band thing, I was more happy with the tags for our luggage that will magically show up in our room (if this shit works).

Exactly what we did. It was perfect. Space Mountain is like 48" though, so neither will make it. That one and Mt. Kiliminjaro at Animal Kingdom were literally the only ones they checked.

The only ride line that was way too fucking long was the 7 dwarves. Not worth it unless you get the fastpass for it, in my opinion. Do Thunder Mountain twice or something.

Dragon

Banned
Texas peeps here, is an hour and a half enough time to get through customs and connect to another flight at DFW? There wouldn't be another flight until the following morning...

bionic77

Exactly what we did. It was perfect. Space Mountain is like 48" though, so neither will make it. That one and Mt. Kiliminjaro at Animal Kingdom were literally the only ones they checked.

The only ride line that was way too fucking long was the 7 dwarves. Not worth it unless you get the fastpass for it, in my opinion. Do Thunder Mountain twice or something.
We could not get fastpass for Dwarves. Why is the wait so long?

Sucks they can't do Space Mountain. I have never been on the updated ride.

Sanjuro

Texas peeps here, is an hour and a half enough time to get through customs and connect to another flight at DFW? There wouldn't be another flight until the following morning...

I once managed to board a flight in 18 minutes arriving at DFW, or I would have missed my flight. I'd say it's very possible.

Dragon

Banned

Dwarves just opened in 2014. Still a novelty I'm assuming.

I once managed to board a flight in 18 minutes arriving at DFW, or I would have missed my flight. I'd say it's very possible.

Hmm thanks. Looking at going to Vancouver to watch the Bruins on December 5th. I'd assume I'd get killed and then my body used as fuel for the inevitable riot there...being a Bruins fan and all.

We are staying at the one near Animal Kingdom. Don't remember the name. Never stayed on site before. My dad thought that was a waste of money. We usually rented a house and played golf and tennis on the days we did not go to the park. That was actually a ton of fun but my kids are the perfect age for Disney and everyone says it is easier at the park hotels. Plus we are doing some kind of character themed breakfast or lunch.

No parents come with us so we can't go on the bigger rides. Just hope it doesn't rain. I know the kids will have a ton of fun. We are probably going to Downtown Disney one day for the Rainforest Cafe. My kids have never been there before. I have been there a bunch with my uncle and my cousins (the one in DC not Florida). The food was always blah but I remember little kids loved that place.

Staying on Disney Property is definitely worth it, especially at the Animal Kingdom resorts which are nice and tons of fun. Animal Kingdom is great because your kids will be able to go out onto the deck or to the lobby, or anywhere, and watch giraffes like.. 25 yards away.. eating shit out of trees. This was the view from my room, just wake up look outside and see antelope, zebras, and giraffes wandering around grazing... It was great.

The restaurants at Animal Kingdom are, IMO, the best of the disney hotel restaurants with legitimately good food, but most are directed towards an East African / Indian theme. But, they still have.. y'know.. "Gobi Mac and Cheese" and whatever Chicken fingers so the kids will be fine. They have some pretty good drinks there too, like this habanero margarita which was damn good. Pools at that hotel are good too, the one at...... Kidani Village (I think that's the name of it) has a water slide, and the pool bar had 4 or 5 decent beers on draught too (I basically drank my way through Disney last year), so good spot to throw the kids in the pool, grab a couple pints and hang out.

Only drawback to Animal Kingdom is the distance from most of the parks and how large the hotel is. I had to walk a damn good distance to get to my room, because the hotel goes around this animal preserve area, so it's a long walk from the lobby if you're not close. At the end of the day after walking ~10 miles and standing in the bus for 15 minutes, it was kind of a drag, but all in all, staying in the hotels is so worth it for the shuttle, services, and also the great experience... Your kids will love it, and that hotel is also great for adults too.

Dwarves is new and it's a kids roller coaster that adults can enjoy too so it's pretty busy. I imagine it's like the equivalent of Big Thunder Mountain when I was a kid, whcih was like the seminal roller coaster experience of my child hood. Definitely wouldn't be worth the 60+ minute wait for non-fast pass. If you have one of those "Extra MAgic Hours" days, you can try to do it then and it's worth going on if the wait is 10, 15 mins.

Space Mountain is good fun but I'm sure you'll find other rides that both kids will enjoy.

Bowser

Ian Rapoport said:
One bonus for new #Colts OC Rob Chudzinski: QB Andrew Luck, who battled rib & shoulder ailments earlier, is fully healthy now.

So wait, does this mean Luck was fully healthy Monday night then?

Andrew Luck am Wolverine confirmed.

MechDX

So wait, does this mean Luck was fully healthy Monday night then?

Funny if the Pats didn't report an injury on the IR Report people would have their pitchforks out wanting blood but the colts? No outrage, no demanding, no accusations...fucking hypocrites

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Funny if the Pats didn't report an injury on the IR Report people would have their pitchforks out wanting blood but the colts? No outrage, no demanding, no accusations...fucking hypocrites

Like those three straight years the P*ts had Br*dy on the injury report? Where's your outrage?

Dragon

Banned
Were you outraged

Outrage culture.

Old-Dominion-Fraternity-Photo.png

BigAT

Belichick already makes a mockery of the injury report and have for years, where have you been?

Here's clips of Charlie Davies British announcer for I believe BBC calling the Browns game Sunday. It's legitimately hilarious, if you have a minute listen. He even calls the ppl in charge wankers. Skip in about 2 minutes into the video
ESPN Cleveland
ESPN Cleveland – ‏@ESPNCleveland

ICYMI: #GoldenBoyz @HammerNation19/@egoldie80 came across #Browns highlights from British announcer Charlie Davies: http://stationcaster.com/stations/wknr/media/mp3/British_Highlights_w_The_Golden_Boyz-1446502937.mp3 …

gutshot

Here's clips of Charlie Davies British announcer for I believe BBC calling the Browns game Sunday. It's legitimately hilarious, if you have a minute listen. He even calls the ppl in charge wankers

All I'm hearing is a Weezer song and then an ad read from some sports radio talk show host. At what point does the British guy come in?

Dragon

Banned
Indy's owner is a degenerate criminal drug addict.

The Colts can always blame the drugs when things go sour.

What is the Pats excuse?

Multiple Choice

A) Belicheat
B) Hermurderez
C) Brady being less than a man
D) Gronk/Edelman STD
E) All of the above

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Here's clips of Charlie Davies British announcer for I believe BBC calling the Browns game Sunday. It's legitimately hilarious, if you have a minute listen. He even calls the ppl in charge wankers. Skip in about 2 minutes into the video

"They have one too many wankers in the building and I can't imagine the fans can put up with this much longer."

I'd pay money to watch games with this guy doing commentary.

But Cam is such an inaccurate passer y'all!!!!!!!11

Glad to see you come around and defend Bradford. We can always use more people on our side.

Florio was on the radio today saying that the Titans fired Wiz now to get things in order so that they could make a push for Chip in the offseason. I cant imagine Lurie trading Chip for anything. I especially wouldnt want to do business with the Titans after they turned down that crazy deal the Eagles offered them for the #2 pick.

Zeke

I get Larry Allen vibes watching some of Collins plays. There was a play during the Seattle game where he blocks Mebane and at the end of the block just sends him flying back on his ass. Then there was that run blocking play he had early in the second quarter where he takes the LB Walker out just levels him then gets into the second level and destroyed the safety.

squicken

My folks had such an awful time with DFW customs on their last trip that they went and did the Global Entry thing. Of course they were exiting a 777 from London that time, but there just weren't enough customs officials working to handle all the people

Striker

JPP practicing today.

Rueben Randle still lingering with his hamstring. Blamed it on missing Eli's deep pass in the final drive that hit off his finger tips.

Prince doing individual drills.

China doll Beason still absent. Yawn.

Dragon

Banned
Usually you talk a lot of nonsense, but today you seem to be on top of your game.

What changed? Coffee?

Tired of protesting bionic. I'm giving into the hate and uncertainty.

My folks had such an awful time with DFW customs on their last trip that they went and did the Global Entry thing. Of course they were exiting a 777 from London that time, but there just weren't enough customs officials working to handle all the people

Damn...okay. That makes me a bit more worried. I may look into the Global Entry thing. My boss is making me work in Poland for about a month early next year so I think it'll be worth it anyway with all the trips back and forth to England.

Sam Monson @PFF_Sam
Ted Ginn has dropped 23% of catchable balls thrown his way. That's really bad. Devin Funchess is at 46%. That's "are his eyes even open?"

;_;
I don't get why teams draft WRs like this. Everyone knew this was a problem for Funchess. You can't teach catching ability.

squicken

Tired of protesting bionic. I'm giving into the hate and uncertainty.

Damn...okay. That makes me a bit more worried. I may look into the Global Entry thing. My boss is making me work in Poland for about a month early next year so I think it'll be worth it anyway with all the trips back and forth to England.

For their most recent trip, their were literally no lines for people that had Global Entry at immigration and customs. I know they had to go to the airport before their trip for an interview, but otherwise it was relatively painless. Good for 5 years

Why would you do that?
Most commonly it's done to get money for a down payment on a house. I looked into it for awhile but never went through with it.

MRSA, it's not a bad option as long as it's a small percentage of what you've got and you plan on paying it back quickly. Biggest disadvantage is just that the chunk of money you take out isn't growing. Also, if you lost your job you'd have to pay it back in a short window (I want to say 60 days but I'm not sure) or face early withdrawal penalties which could be rough.

I think it's an okay option as a last resort if you're responsible but only if you're desperate. I had a co-worker who did it to get money for a down payment on a house and he swears by it.

Top Bottom