• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 9 |OT| - A Fraud Had Some Nice Shoes

ampere

Somehow missed this news but DeAndre Levy placed on injured reserve

No need to risk the chance of him getting hurt, but damn had so much hope for him going into the season. One of the leagues best linebackers the last few seasons and our defense has really missed him.

Onto the draft and our Super Bowl this year - beating the Packers at Green Bay for the first time since 1991. Any given Sunday.

I think y'all are more likely to get the first pick in the 2016 draft than you are to beat Green Bay this year.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
BEEP BEEP MOTHERFUCKERS!

c7aO4cI.gif

rando14

BG, trade me Vernon Davis in the Shirtless league!! P-L-S us boys hafta stick together....

p.s. Goooooooooooooooooooooooo.... Browns!!

MechDX

When you wake up and realize the Cleveland Browns play tonight but remember you don't get NFLN so you wont be tempted to even try to watch it.

fat-kid-celebrates.gif

Should I pick Cincinnati over Clevand -10.5 spread?

I have to make a pick for tonight's game and in leaning towards Cincinatti.

Also-- do you guys think Peyton Manning is back or was last week just a one time thing .
I only got to see the First half of the game , but he looked good.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Also-- do you guys think Peyton Manning is back or was last week just a one time thing .

He doesn't get to throw on the Green Bay secondary every game so there's that.

MechDX

Winter is coming

Early morning Panthers news:

The annual resodding of the field was moved up a few weeks to Wednesday to account for Monday's Hurricanopocalypse 3. The entire length of the field between the hashes is affected.

LB Shaq Thompson returned to practice after missing the last two games with knee injury. IF he plays this Sunday, it would be the third time all season the Panthers have had all three of their starting LBs available at the same time.

Godslay

Banned
Crazy to think that the Jags staff is probably the only safe coaching staff this year in AFCS.

Khan seems like the most stable owner out of that lot. One has to think that will translate to the division at some point. Weird to think that Jags might be most competent org in that division.

Godslay

Banned
Didn't watch or recall last week's Packers game, spent the time to read 10,000 word Cam Newton article.

At least Kas watched the gifs.

eznark

Banned
Where do you rank Cam on your list of QBs?

He is the new Dalton Line. Right there around 15. I had him higher in 2012 and 2013, because he was actually playing pretty ok football most of the time.

Seems to me like he has probably peaked. I assume they will try to get him some weapons though so at some point he'll actually put up better numbers, but this seems to be his true talent level. He's a lot like Dalton, his productivity is as dependent on those around him as his own skill. Including the scheme.

eznark

Banned
Didn't watch or recall last week's Packers game, spent the time to read 10,000 word Cam Newton article.

At least Kas watched the gifs.

Does it really take you 30 minutes to read 10k words?

My god, I'm so sorry.

And the problem with Kas is that he comments on games he didn't watch. I haven't said a work about the game other that "I remember the Packers looked like shit" which is about as in depth as 75% of the people who post in this thread get anyway.

eznark

Banned

Carolina ranks first in rushing, but starting RB Jonathan Stewart ranks 30th in yards per carry. Newton is the running game.

Is that accurate? Quick looks says he is averaging 4 YPC, there is no way that is 30th in the league.

Also, the Panthers are first in attempts. Newton accounts for about 25% of their yards. He isn't the entire running game by any stretch.

BigAT

Is that accurate? Quick looks says he is averaging 4 YPC, there is no way that is 30th in the league.

Also, the Panthers are first in attempts. Newton accounts for about 25% of their yards. He isn't the entire running game by any stretch.

Looks accurate, without any strict rules on carries count:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/bycategory?cat=Rushing&sort=40

Andre Williams of the Giants (2.7 YPC) doesn't even have a high enough average to appear on that lengthy list.

eznark

Banned
Looks accurate, without any strict rules on carries count:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/bycategory?cat=Rushing&sort=40

Andre Williams of the Giants (2.7 YPC) doesn't even have a high enough average to appear on that lengthy list.

10 guys with fewer than 75 carries, which I would argue doesn't make them comparable. He is 20th on starting RB's in my estimation (at least 10 carries per game) and 10th in yards per game.

Fun stat, Emmit Smith had fewer than 4.1 YPC in 9 of his 13 seasons.

Top Bottom