• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 9 |OT| - A Fraud Had Some Nice Shoes

squicken

Benny Logan is out calling the Cowboys cry babies, so that's something I guess

e2: http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/n...truggles/7efce77a-0a89-44aa-80cf-16586aedaa14

All 22 look at Cowboy's struggles during losing streak

e:

CTI4_WvUYAAPFID.jpg

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Anybody in Houston needing to earn a quick buck:

NASA needs a flag football ref. Make 15.00 a hour by making sure that space engineers don't kill each other playing Earth's greatest game.

(Per Indeed)

Awesome way to get to say that you work for NASA while picking up chicks at the bar without having to do the whole years and years of post-secondary education/training bit.

Interesting

Line_HTX

Morning.

Anybody in Houston needing to earn a quick buck:

NASA needs a flag football ref. Make 15.00 a hour by making sure that space engineers don't kill each other playing Earth's greatest game.

(Per Indeed)

Awesome way to get to say that you work for NASA while picking up chicks at the bar without having to do the whole years and years of post-secondary education/training bit.

Well now, since it said Clear Lake ONLY that scratches me off the list.

squicken

Colts brehs, how awful would this be?
http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/11/05/jameis-winston-block-tampa-bay-buccaneers-week-9-nfl-preview

The hottest coach/GM candidate. I’ve always thought Josh McDaniels would leave New England only for a job that had a very good quarterback. Could a McDaniels/Nick Caserio as coach/GM from New England tempt Jim Irsay in Indianapolis, or whoever Martha Ford designates as headhunter in Detroit? Head coaches haven’t been fired in either place, obviously, but it would be a surprise if either Jim Caldwell in Detroit or Chuck Pagano in Indianapolis makes it to 2016. McDaniels/Scott Pioli might be another to watch as a combo platter.

Farooq

Banned
Benny Logan is out calling the Cowboys cry babies, so that's something I guess

e2: http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/n...truggles/7efce77a-0a89-44aa-80cf-16586aedaa14

All 22 look at Cowboy's struggles during losing streak

e:

CTI4_WvUYAAPFID.jpg

It's funny how even with the Dez, I expect the offensive struggles to remain the same.

Bracketing Witten and Bealey eliminates the short/intermediate throws, without Dez you needed recievers to win their match-ups. Both Williams and Street had a hard time winning consistently.

Now with Dez in the lineup, since Cassel has a below average NFL arm, I don't think he can make accurate throws to Dez outside the numbers.

For Dallas it comes down to running the ball effectively and manufacturing shot plays out of run heavy personnel groupings. I don't know if McFadden/Michael is a good match-up vs the Eagles LBs. Mcfadden is very stiff with his hips and has a hard time catching the ball.

Trey Williams is an interesting signing, it showed that they missed the element that Dunbar brought to the offense. I don't know if he will know enough of the offense for the coaches to trust him though.

squicken

Watched some highlights front last night, and I must say Johnny made some actually good throws on the run.

As far as positives for Johnny, he took them on scoring drives of 92 yards and 71 yards. Could have had 2 TDs had Gabriel made a tough catch in the EZ. Last year, he looked slow. Got run down by defensive linemen. Obviously he was out of shape b/c he looked quick and fast yesterday. He also avoided throwing crap up fro grabs until the final drive. If he didn't see anyone open he threw it away. A better defense and maybe he has the winner sauce afterglow today

But he still has a ways to go as a pocket thrower. Right now, McCown has to play if he's healthy. If the offense stalls with him, then they can consider going to Manziel again. But even at the half, Pettine was crapping on Manziel. So he's not going to play him if he doesn't have to

MRSA

Banned
rando, are our Raiders going to beat the Squeelers on Sunday? I sure hope so, the last time we played Pryor ran for a 92 yard TD, then jak became an alcoholic.

MechDX

Was going to go get Halo 5 today from Best Buy and now I see their ad for next week.

Buy Fallout 4 or Tomb Raider get $25 off Halo 5. Never played a Fallout game before but that is a hell of a deal!

$60 for F4 - $12 GCU discount - $10 GCU preorder bonus = $38

HALO 5 - $12 GCU - $25 = $23

Both games for $61! Plus you get a free digital copy of Fallout 3 for Xbox One BC

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Was going to go get Halo 5 today from Best Buy and now I see their add for next week.

Buy Fallout 4 or Tomb Raider get $25 off Halo 5. Never played a Fallout game before but that is a hell of a deal!

Both games for $61! Plus you get a free digital copy of Fallout 3 for Xbox One BC

Yeah, I don't care for either of those games but that is a fantastic deal. A dollar more than MSRP for two brand new games.

Dragon

Banned
I feel like I'm forgetting something. What was Pioli like?

Well he was in New England until 2008 and he came on with Belichick. He was responsible for bringing in players like Randy Moss.

He was good with KC In the beginning and then they floundered and he was fired in 2013.

Also I didn't realize how involved he was in the Belcher stuff:

Despite objections from security guards, Pioli was the first person to confront Jovan Belcher on December 1, 2012. He walked to the entrance of the team's practice area adjoining Arrowhead pointing where Belcher had a gun pointed at his head after Belcher had killed his girlfriend a few minutes earlier. Pioli was joined by Chiefs coach Crennel. Belcher shot himself in the head. Belcher was reported to have told Pioli, "I came here to tell you thank you...Thank you for my chance. I love you, bro." Pioli had signed Belcher has an undrafted free agent in 2009. Pioli gave a eulogy at Belcher's Kansas City funeral service.

Godslay

Banned
There's a book called Slow Getting Up that describes the author's (a Denver TE) first interaction with McDaniels after he took over as the Broncos HC from Mike Shanahan. He basically made it sound like he went into the boss' office and found the boss' nephew playing at his desk instead.

This is a good read, a little Bronco heavy.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2580349-why-i-drafted-jay-cutler-and-what-happened-from-there

This is the nugget that matters if you want to skip it:

Cutler was openly critical of Shanahan's dismissal and equally upset over the potential loss of his position coach, Jeremy Bates, who would eventually leave during the offseason to take a job at USC. Bates had a young and fiery personality that seemed to resonate with Cutler. His way of communicating with his young quarterback struck a chord, and many of the weaknesses we'd seen at Vanderbilt were slowly being chipped away: improved footwork, avoiding the sack, progression through routes, finding the outlet.

Now Cutler had to convince a 32-year-old first-time head coach he was worthy of the position.

Shortly after Josh McDaniels moved into his office at Dove Valley, he called in Cutler and his agent, Bus Cook, for a closed-door meeting. The story goes that McDaniels began with a 20-minute dissertation of his resume, how he'd worked his way up the ranks in New England to become Bill Belichick's right-hand man with the offense and how the team would have been nowhere the year before without his tutelage of backup Matt Cassel. He continued on with justification of his hiring by Bowlen.

After the perplexing recitation of accomplishments, McDaniels suddenly shifted gears.

He began to bash and berate Cutler and his game to the tune of a verbal flogging neither had ever witnessed. The expletive-laden diatribe went on for a few minutes, after which Cook stood up and told Cutler they were leaving. As they walked down the long hallway past Bowlen's office, Cutler turned to Bus and said, "Get me out of here. I don't care how you do it."

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
There's a book called Slow Getting Up that describes the author's (a Denver TE) first interaction with McDaniels after he took over as the Broncos HC from Mike Shanahan. He basically made it sound like he went into the boss' office and found the boss' nephew playing at his desk instead.

Sounds great then.

Was going to go get Halo 5 today from Best Buy and now I see their ad for next week.

Get Madden you fuck!

MechDX

Now that I think about it. If McDaniels had that same type of conversation with Luck ,Andrew would probably just hang his head and say "Yes sir. Im terrible." because he is that kind of goober,

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Now that I think about it. If McDaniels had that same type of conversation with Luck ,Andrew would probably just hang his head and say "Yes sir. Im terrible." because he is that kind of goober,

Nope

He'd walk out with his agent and tell him "Send me home! I don't care how."

Line_HTX

Damn, McDaniels is messed up, broke Cutler and never got Tebow to get out of his awkward footwork and accuracy issues.

This is more of a - Pioli is as dyed-in-the-wool Patriots as you get in the league. Him taking over the Colts would be some next level shit.

Oh shit... That would be so mind blowing.

Top Bottom