• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 9 |OT| - A Fraud Had Some Nice Shoes

Man God

Non-Canon Member
At least the Colts aren't as bad as the Titans who leave more talented people on the bench because...I don't know why exactly! Too young? In the dog house?

Most of them aren't great either but they play some absolute cans at times.

Browns do it too.

Narag

At least the Colts aren't as bad as the Titans who leave more talented people on the bench because...I don't know why exactly! Too young? In the dog house?

Most of them aren't great either but they play some absolute cans at times.

Browns do it too.

ATN podcast guys suspected Whisenhunt got canned when he did after he threw the roster under the bus on Monday.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
4lCauCn.gif

Spinluck

I am really looking forward to Packers/Panthers and Broncos/Colts.

Dolphins/Bills could be alright but that Patriots game broke me.

Friend pls

Go into every Pats game expecting the worst. They can only break you if you have hope.

I do not expect much from my Colts this Sunday. We always play DEN close but this is the best D they've had in forever.

I'm already expecting 3INTs from Luck. If he keeps it 2 that's already a win for me.

Line_HTX

I guarantee you the Saints will make the their game against a interim head coached, Zach Mettenberger lead Titans as close a contest as possible. It'll be thrilling for everyone but us.

Good point there. Defense hardly covers when you need it.

ATN podcast guys suspected Whisenhunt got canned when he did after he threw the roster under the bus on Monday.

What did Ken say?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I am really looking forward to Packers/Panthers and Broncos/Colts.

Dolphins/Bills could be alright but that Patriots game broke me.

I can understand why after they did better against two great defenses in the Bills and Jets with the head coach they hate. Besides that one drive it almost looked shut out worthy.

I can understand why after they did better against two great defenses in the Bills and Jets with the head coach they hate. Besides that one drive it almost looked shut out worthy.
Huh? Dolphins were trash against the Jets and Bills. The only good games the offense has played were against the Titans and Texans because they actually got the running game going and weren't buried by halftime.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Huh? Dolphins were trash against the Jets and Bills. The only good games the offense has played were against the Titans and Texans because they actually got the running game going and weren't buried by halftime.

What I'm saying is they did better offensively in those two games against better defensive teams then they did against the Patriots. The Pats held them scoreless outside of that one drive.

What I'm saying is they did better offensively in those two games against better defensive teams then they did against the Patriots. The Pats held them scoreless outside of that one drive.
I guess? They scored only 14 in both of those games, had no running game, and Tannehill had 5 INTs between the two. So maybe on the shit scale they were a 9/10 as opposed to a 10 against the Pats. I don't really see the point in differentiating.

Also, ppg allowed:

8. New England - 19.0
12. NY Jets - 19.9
18. Buffalo - 24.7

Plus playing the Pats at home, short week, Brady's record on Thursday night and primetime games, etc. etc...

Everything I'm hearing out of Indy is too similar to what went down in San Francisco, except Harbaugh was actually a decent coach who actually went to the Superbowl and could beat good teams outside their division.

AFC South is a dumpster fire.

Friend pls

Go into every Pats game expecting the worst. They can only break you if you have hope.

I do not expect much from my Colts this Sunday. We always play DEN close but this is the best D they've had in forever.

I'm already expecting 3INTs from Luck. If he keeps it 2 that's already a win for me.

Friend what will you do, the new One Punch Man episode airs (with English subs) right when football starts on Sunday.

Talon

Cutting Hardy wouldn't really redeem the Cowboys in any way either. They'd just be responsive to outcry.

They made it loud and clear what they prioritized when they signed him.

MechDX

Matt Miller's Twitter timeline is gold right now. Dropping truth bombs about Hardy and getting attacked be cowboy "fans"

@nfldraftscout

Greg Hardy is a piece of shit and fuck him and fuck anybody including posters here who defended him for even a second saying he did nothing wrong

Watching some Gurley highlights... I wonder how many teams regret passing on him? Dude is fun to watch, so explosive and he just sheds tackles constantly.

Godslay

Banned
Semi-related question.

You think Shanahan and Cutler would still be in Denver if they stuck with the original plan?

It was a sound plan, and they had everything in place.

Hard to say. Probably just based on performance like any other HC/QB combo.

Shanahan had a track record of hitting a couple 0.500 seasons, then hitting say a couple of 11-5 type seasons. Worst season he had was 99' where they were 6-10 and in full on Superbowl hangover mode. Towards the end though, the 0.500 seasons seemed like the norm, and it did feel like time for a change at the time.

Alternatively, Shanahan could have grown as a GM (was really hit or miss here) while Cutler grew as well. Could have been a good thing, considering that for as much as I liked Jake, Cutler had more potential. It's just too bad that they put Cutler into production before he was ready.

So I really don't know. It's one of those alternate universe things. Where one decision cascades into what we have today. I've been a vocal critic of Cutler in the past, but seeing behind the curtain leads me to believe that I was duped more by McDaniel's narrative (and by proxy the Broncos at the time), of Cutler than what probably really happened. So that has reformed my opinion of the guy.

With that in mind and looking back, I personally would have like Shanahan stick around with Cutler, to eventually hand things off to Kubes. Kubes, who by Shanahan's own admission, said that he specifically wanted to come and live/work in Denver and with the Broncos. Texans interrupted that process, but maybe it was for the better.

I mean after all we ended up with Kubes and Manning so all Broncos fans should be grateful that things went the way they did.

There were at least 3 posters I saw unironically saying because she didn't show up, he deserved to be freed. In addition to the stuff about the retrial

Well technically he did. You can't lock someone up when the victim refuses to cooperate. The legal system's hands were tied, but the NFL's weren't. Goodell has frequently played sheriff and taken shit into his own hands, except, seemingly, when it's most needed (see Hardy and Rice). Like, oh deflated footballs? Let me make this my number one priority and spend the better part of a year on an intensive investigation that results in penalties to both players and teams. But guys beating the shit out of the spouses? Eh, give them a couple games maybe the heat on us will die down.

MechDX

Worth noting after @DianaMoskovitz’s report on Greg Hardy: @NFL saw most of the photos & suspended him 10 games. Reduced on appeal

Ian Rappaport Twitter

Wow.

Pepiope

He should not be allowed to take the field on Sunday.

Worth noting after @DianaMoskovitz’s report on Greg Hardy: @NFL saw most of the photos & suspended him 10 games. Reduced on appeal

Ian Rappaport Twitter

Wow.
But now it's public, so they're going to change their minds.

Ian Rappaport Twitter

Wow.

Yeah because they botched their suspension/punishment process so bad that the courts have no choice but to invalidate everything they do.

This is squarely on the NFL.

Top Bottom