• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 9 |OT| - A Fraud Had Some Nice Shoes

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
There's a lot of awful people in the NFL. If this particular awful person helps the Cowboys win the Superbowl then well ask Ravens fans how that feels. Pretty good I'd wager.

it'd be great if you people stopped with this bullshit. NFL players get arrested at a lower clip than the general public. Broken down that's actually pretty impressive considering African-americans get arrested far more often than whites, and there are more African American players than whites in the NFL.

Greg Hardy is a piece of shit and he should be in jail but our legal system failed, that doesn't mean he should be allowed to play in the NFL. But that doesn't also mean that the NFL is full of awful people.

Hello friends, it's been a while....so wake is gone....good thing we drafted Dion Jordan....oh wait...

Cheerleader-Crying-In-a-Car-On-a-Rainy-Day.gif

I don't know where this gif comes from, but I've seen it alot in here. I'm pretty sure she's saying "I kissed him" so that makes it's use pretty funny in different contexts.

jakncoke

Banned
it'd be great if you people stopped with this bullshit. NFL players get arrested at a lower clip than the general public. Broken down that's actually pretty impressive considering African-americans get arrested far more often than whites, and there are more African American players than whites in the NFL.

Greg Hardy is a piece of shit and he should be in jail but our legal system failed, that doesn't mean he should be allowed to play in the NFL. But that doesn't also mean that the NFL is full of awful people.

jj watt needs arrested for fucking his pig

MRSA

Banned
Alright bitches. Time for Spectre, then after I will watch the Lakers beat the Nets. Then I'm on call. Fuck.

I'm not saying that NFL is worse than the general public (although from what I remember your argument falls apart when adjusted for income level). What I am saying is if you support an NFL team or any organisation of that scale you have to accept that it's likely that scumbags are present. It would be intellectually dishonest to pretend otherwise. There's no possible moral ground if you support an NFL team.

And that doesn't mean that the Cowboys are full of awful people either, but fans like to act that way. Generalizations happen, Greg Hardy is a shitty dude, I wish he wasn't wearing a Cowboys jersey, wish he wasn't playing in the NFL, but of course I am still gonna root for my team. There's people like Jason Witten, Sean Lee, Tony Romo, and a bunch of other upstanding players that are worth rooting for.

Dragon

Banned
If you only want to support upstanding human beings then you really shouldn't follow the NFL. With as large an organization as an NFL team is odds are likely that every team in the league is permeated with scumbags. Sorry for being a realist.

You should be sorry for the "someone else bad exists" defense. It's shit.

Godslay

Banned
wtf is going on here

You do understand that by watching, consuming, and purchasing anything NFL you indirectly support (via revenue sharing) the Cowboys and because of that Greg Hardy and any other dirtbag that is in the NFL? You can't escape it.

You helped pay his salary.

Ideally teams shouldn't hire these guys. In any high stakes business, highly talented individuals are given chances and leeway that less talented individuals don't get. Hell it doesn't even have to be high stakes, if someone is critical to a company and they have some kind of issue (unless it's egregious of course) companies will bend over if they can't easily replace them.

It's the darkside of sports/reality. Sucks, but that's the way it is.

If Greg Hardy was some bum that couldn't play, nobody would care.

You should be sorry for the "someone else bad exists" defense. It's shit.
Are you dense? Who am I defending? All I'm doing is accepting the reality that bad people contribute to my team's success. Bad people have contributed to every team in the league. The other option is not supporting a team at all. Or living in denial.

Dragon

Banned
Are you dense? Who am I defending? All I'm doing is accepting the reality that bad people contribute to my team's success. Bad people have contributed to every team in the league. The other option is not supporting a team at all. Or living in denial.

I'm not dense. You mentioned Ray Lewis. It's a shit defense.

Greg Hardy is an ass clown that shouldn't have been signed would be the appropriate thing to say.

I'm not saying not supporting your team. But your argument is basically "whatever there are bad people everywhere".

The Cowboys saw these pictures before they signed him and they did it anyway.

Edit: As a Patriots fan I know better than most that there are bad people on NFL teams but it's not okay. It sucks and I wish these shitheads weren't enabled like Hardy has been.

jakncoke

Banned
I'm not dense. You mentioned Ray Lewis. It's a shit defense.

Greg Hardy is an ass clown that shouldn't have been signed would be the appropriate thing to say.

I'm not saying not supporting your team. But your argument is basically "whatever there are bad people everywhere".

The Cowboys saw these pictures before they signed him and they did it anyway.

Dont forget want to give him an extension lol

Top Bottom