• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 9 |OT| - A Fraud Had Some Nice Shoes

jbug617

Banned
I would eat Konka's pizza. It doesn't look that bad and he stuck to traditional toppings.

Cowboys defense of Hardy
@RapSheet: #Cowboys haven't commented on Greg Hardy, but a source involved says they were not allowed to see the photos beforehand (as @MarkMaske said)

Farooq

Banned
I'm not dense. You mentioned Ray Lewis. It's a shit defense.

Greg Hardy is an ass clown that shouldn't have been signed would be the appropriate thing to say.

I'm not saying not supporting your team. But your argument is basically "whatever there are bad people everywhere".

The Cowboys saw these pictures before they signed him and they did it anyway.

Edit: As a Patriots fan I know better than most that there are bad people on NFL teams but it's not okay. It sucks and I wish these shitheads weren't enabled like Hardy has been.

They actually didn't.

@DavidMooreDMN

Sources: Cowboys did not see photos before signing Greg Hardy

The NFL had access to these and other photos before issuing its suspension of the defensive end in April. But Cowboys officials, sources said, were not allowed to view the photos, several of which were under a protective order.

At most they had an idea of what the pictures depicted.

Generate

Banned
Hello friends, I made pizza.

otZx1IOl.jpg

fwPKvJOl.jpg

Konka you made syphillis

rando14

Hello friend, how's school going? I fee like we haven't chatted in a bit

Hello dear Christopher, school is going well!! I am currently studing for a Cardio exam tomorrow (EDIT: meant Monday), tryna read EKG's but this shit is hard!! Left Anterior Fascicular block with an RBBB?? Ffffuuuuu *puuuuuuuuuuuukes

How about you my dear friend, how is everything in the Physics world, I pray for your success and happiness

Farooq

Banned
I stand corrected. They gonna release him now though?

I don't know.

Edit: I am not trying to excuse Jerry or the Cowboys. Not being able to see the pictures is not a legitimate defense in my mind. They said they did their due diligence at the time of the signing and should live with the consequences.

squicken

Timing of this is pretty obvious. Neither the Cowboys or the NFL want this being the story for the Sunday Night game. Jerry may not really care but even he has his limits for the amount of bad press he will endure

I've never doubted Hardy's guilt. Like Grover, I read all the bench trial stuff, so none of this is a surprise. And we saw Ray Rice knock out his wife on video, but he'd still be playing if his game wasn't in decline when he got in trouble.

Lots of bs in this thread, though. The NFL may have some bad apples, but most teams don't have Roethlisberger, Suggs, Lewis and Hardy types on the roster. Those fans just care about winning more than rape/domestic battery and try and say everyone else is the same. Most of us never face that decision

I'm not dense. You mentioned Ray Lewis. It's a shit defense.

Greg Hardy is an ass clown that shouldn't have been signed would be the appropriate thing to say.

I'm not saying not supporting your team. But your argument is basically "whatever there are bad people everywhere".

The Cowboys saw these pictures before they signed him and they did it anyway.

Edit: As a Patriots fan I know better than most that there are bad people on NFL teams but it's not okay. It sucks and I wish these shitheads weren't enabled like Hardy has been.
I think you're inferring things that I never said. I said that if Hardy contributed to the Cowboys winning a Super Bowl that I would still be happy that my team won the fucking Super Bowl. Just like Ravens fans probably were happy in spite of the fact that the leader of their defense is a goddamn murderer.

You're almost making it sound like I had a choice whether Hardy plays for my team or not.

squicken

If only the Cowboys would have saw the pictures!

What a grave mistake! The Cowboys are a victim here.

Seriously. That is an absurd piece of CYA they are putting out. They didn't want to see them. The sealed file was a godsend for them

Jerry won 3 SBs turning a blind eye to the White House and all the other stuff the Boys got up to under JJ and Switzer and the fans loved him. Then he got tough and passed on Sapp and Moss and people yelled at him for being mediocre. Cowboys fans told him what their core beliefs are and he is just running his team accordingly

Dragon

Banned
I think you're inferring things that I never said. I said that if Hardy contributed to the Cowboys winning a Super Bowl that I would still be happy that my team won the fucking Super Bowl. Just like Ravens fans probably were happy in spite of the fact that the leader of their defense is a goddamn murderer.

You're almost making it sound like I had a choice whether Hardy plays for my team or not.

You have a choice to support their decision to sign the dude or not.

I'd be happy if the Pats had won in 2007 even though Stallworth was a drunk driving asshole. But I wouldn't cheer for him and if you cheer for Hardy it's pretty fucked up.

squicken

Banner on Twitter saying bad apples aren't worth it, and you can win without them. Someone brought up Josh Gordon

Joe Banner ‏@JoeBanner13
Just for the record, I tried to trade Josh Gordon.

Regarding the Browns QB situation, it's clear that Josh McCown gives them the best chance to win.

But they're a 2-7 team, 6.5 back in the division (and down a tiebreaker now so effectively, 7 back), and they have pretty much no chance of making the wildcard. At this point, winning games now would be secondary to setting up the future. And a big part of that future will be, whether or not JFF, the guy they spent a first round pick on, can give them anything going forward. I would throw him out there and see what he has. If he's decent, you have something to work with. If not, dump him in the offseason and try again.

I mean, I can understand why Mike Pettine wouldn't do that though. It's not exactly in his best interest to forgo his best shot at winning games in order to audition QBs for the next guy. And I don't think he ever really believed in Johnny in the first place. I'm sure if he had his way against the FO, he would rid his hands of JFF and be done with him forever.

Hello dear Christopher, school is going well!! I am currently studing for a Cardio exam tomorrow, tryna read EKG's but this shit is hard!! Left Anterior Fascicular block with an RBBB?? Ffffuuuuu *puuuuuuuuuuuukes

How about you my dear friend, how is everything in the Physics world, I pray for your success and happiness

I'm glad it's going well and don't worry friend you'll do great!! Good luck too you!! The physics world is good, kicking all kinds of ass right now,

Hello Christoph..

I haven't seen you in forever..

Hello friend, I know been super busy with school and work, finally got a little break here at work.

You have a choice to support their decision to sign the dude or not.

I'd be happy if the Pats had won in 2007 even though Stallworth was a drunk driving asshole. But I wouldn't cheer for him and if you cheer for Hardy it's pretty fucked up.
Obviously I'd prefer if there weren't any Greg Hardy types in the league and wish him no personal success beyond being on a winning Cowboys team.

They seem to have enough confidence they can pull off a trade for Gordon that they're keeping him until his suspension's up. If they thought they couldn't get something for him, he'd have already been gone

squicken

e2: haha

Richard Deitsch ‏@richarddeitsch
Industry sources tell me ESPN will offer around $4M per for Bayless when his contract comes up next summer.
---

I mean, I can understand why Mike Pettine wouldn't do that though. It's not exactly in his best interest to forgo his best shot at winning games in order to audition QBs for the next guy. And I don't think he ever really believed in Johnny in the first place. I'm sure if he had his way against the FO, he would rid his hands of JFF and be done with him forever.

That's why I don't want him playing. I'm not even sure Pettine is wrong. JFF didn't do what he was supposed to do last year and spent the offseason in rehab. How do you trust a guy like that to be the QB? Plus, CLE isn't exactly well coached and their schedule is brutal

They need to trade him and let him catch on with a team that actually wants him. What's so CLE is that Gilbert is even worse than Manziel and was drafted higher, but they won't cut him. He just plays special teams and is awful. He played just a handful of defensive snaps last night and got away with a DPI and almost gave up a big catch and run when he touched down Jones. Such a bad organization

e:
well said, wanky

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Some people are assholes.

Some people beat women and children.

I think reasonable people can tell that there's a huge gulf between those two things. I don't expect NFL players to be angels but I do expect them to not be downright evil pieces of shit. You can't just handwave away people like Hardy and AP by saying "all players are assholes".

squicken

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/24593/24593

Jason Wilde on Rodgers, Packers passing.
Quarterbacks/wide receivers coach Alex Van Pelt said receivers did get open during last Sunday night’s humbling 29-10 loss to the Denver Broncos, in which Rodgers threw for just 77 yards -- the fewest of his career in a game he started and finished. But the receivers getting open didn’t happen enough, and when they did get open, Rodgers was working the opposite side of the field instead of the area he had a receiver available.

“When you go back and look at the tape, we have guys open,” Van Pelt said. “But we need to do more. That’s a fair statement.”

Both Van Pelt and Clements said there are varying degrees of being “open.” For instance, hulking New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski “is open even if there are two guys hanging on him,” Clements said. “Smaller, quicker guys will have to create separation with their route running and their quickness.”

Top Bottom