• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 9 |OT| - A Fraud Had Some Nice Shoes

Pepiope

l41lTRI8D4CgLF23m.gif

Those bad mechanics.

That sexy throw

Ginn brings that down and Cam's legend multiplies.
Ginn brings that catch in and I don't lose my fantasy match-up by 0.04 points.

cashman

Banned
If you only want to support upstanding human beings then you really shouldn't follow the NFL. With as large an organization as an NFL team is odds are likely that every team in the league is permeated with scumbags. Sorry for being a realist.

I think I made a post like this the other day. Yeah Hardy is scum, but they built a statue for a double murderer.

bionic77

Guys as an old let me let you in on a little secret.

Every team has had scumbags on it since the beginning. It was just easier to cover up before social media. People still don't care though. Look at Pats and Ravens fans. They don't care about cheating or murder as long as they win.

NFL fans are so enamored with the spectacle, the money, the "bigness" of the game that they don't even consider that they have any power over it.

If I was at a Cowboys game I'd boo every time Hardy made a play, and bring a "CUT HARDY" banner. The NFL exists because of its fans, not the other way around. They are susceptible to public pressure, but those jack offs in the suites feel like they are invincible because nobody does anything. Makes me sick.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Guys as an old let me let you in on a little secret.

Every team has had scumbags on it since the beginning. It was just easier to cover up before social media. People still don't care though. Look at Pats and Ravens fans. They don't care about cheating or murder as long as they win.

you guys can keep saying this as some sort of weird defense of Hardy, but just because there maybe used to be teams that had 1 "scumbag" doesn't mean people have to accept it now. Its pretty clear peoples opinions are changing on the matter. If this hardy situation blows up anymore something will be done with him.

Mkay I'm giving away a copy of Valkyria Chronicles (Steam) within the next 35 minutes, just quote this post if you want to be "entered" to win it. I will be using a random number generator instead of Modbot since I only want a regular of this community to get the game.

MechDX

you guys can keep saying this as some sort of weird defense of Hardy, but just because there maybe used to be teams that had 1 "scumbag" doesn't mean people have to accept it now. Its pretty clear peoples opinions are changing on the matter. If this hardy situation blows up anymore something will be done with him.

Its because his team has one of the said scumbags.

Not as bad as reading the Twitter reactions to this news today from cowboy fans. There are some really fucked up people with messed up priorities on Twitter.

rando14

Mkay I'm giving away a copy of Valkyria Chronicles (Steam) within the next 35 minutes, just quote this post if you want to be "entered" to win it. I will be using a random number generator instead of Modbot since I only want a regular of this community to get the game.

Hook a brotha up!! PLS I need this more than BG needs his Bamon noodles or Bread needs His Chargers...

Generate

Banned
One of my friends is telling me "Im fed up with people bro. On the road, in the shops, everywhere i have to deal with them."

He lives in Sydney.

MechDX

To be fair people should be able to redeem themselves.

Agreed for certain circumstances but when you are a grown ass man beating on women you don't deserve jack shit. Hope this completely blows up in Jones's fucking face.

Oh and someone asked about a certain persons opinion on this earlier:

Stephen A Smith Verified account 
‏@stephenasmith I completely support Jerry Jones & the @dallascowboys having Hardy on the team. What side are you on?

Greg Hardy felt he was untouchable, and this whole mess has just proven that he basically is. If anything he's even further beyond redemption now. It's ibly a matter of time before he gets blood on his Cowboys jersey.

Hmm but if she becomes a Dolphins fan she'll be miserable :( also y'all better learn to get a long cuz I'm going to be busy as hell till December.

But you'll be miserable together.. Or you could make her a lakers fan and be miserable for at least one or two seasons..

It's okay, Chris. If it gets too bad.. We put the dictator back on the throne.

Beefy

Messed up that people can do the shit Hardy did and get away with it. We have the same problem in football (soccer) over here. I don't think people in the public eye earning shit loads of cash should be given a second chance in their high profile job. Not only are they idols for thousands of fans but kids also see them as role models. Players etc shouldn't be allowed to just get on with their lifes.

Godslay

Banned
Playing football isn't how Greg Hardy can redeem himself.

Then what do you suggest? Cut him and hope for the best? Not saying that the Cowboys are the best option, but in terms of actual professional help, they can certainly provide it. Otherwise dude will probably never get help and perpetuate an abuse cycle.

Agreed for certain circumstances but when you are a grown ass man beating on women you don't deserve jack shit. Hope this completely blows up in Jones's fucking face.

Oh and someone asked about a certain persons opinion on this earlier:

I would agree with you, but what do you do?

If the guy serves his punishment and is actively pursuing help then he deserves a chance to reincorporate himself as a part of society. Football is merely an occupation.

You can't just say fuck it and do nothing. People make mistakes and as long as Hardy is progressing towards not being abusive towards partners then to be honest that's good enough.

If he's doing nothing and doesn't want help and it's all a facade then sure cut him.

I was raised under the same idea that you never put your hands on a woman, at the same time not everyone was raised like that. So in those instances people will make mistakes and if they are repentant then they should be given a chance for forgiveness and redemption.

To be fair people should be able to redeem themselves.
People deserve a second chance to be a better person, but that doesn't mean we should try to downplay the bad they've done. And just because you deserve a second chance doesn't mean you get to come back to the NFL. You can become a better person, but you don't need to be playing in the NFL to do that. And if you are gonna be welcomed back into the NFL you should at least act like you're a changed man who's learned his lesson. Based on what we've seen and heard from Greg Hardy I don't think he learned anything from this.

Top Bottom