• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Wild Card |OT| - A Fraud Goes Wild

So this weeks Eagles fancast had a thing where they said that a big part of Chip getting personal power last year was based off of Howie telling the scouting staff during Chips first 2 years to not give Chip any reports about who they were scouting or what they found out. I cant see how any team can be successful in a situation like that. I really dont see how Lurie could put Howie baqck in charge after doing stuff like that.

Fox318

Honestly I hope the Titans rebrand the team now that McNair is dead.

That market could be cool but I feel like Bud drove that city into the ground with sticking with that asshole Jeff Fisher.

What's all this about Sean Payton interested in the 49ers HC gig? Is there turmoil between him and the Saints' ownership?

Jed Dork's holding a conference today. Will he hold himself accountable?

Fox318

I'm hearing that Luck is also out for next season as well

vnF7JLr.gif

bionic77

That fraud ass omar epps will get an apology from me when he learns how to coach.
"Coaching" is overrated.

All you need is a qb and luck. If you don't have that then just worship the devil and cheat like the Pats.

If coaching was so important then Rex Ryan would be a champion and not Tomlin. Instead Rex was sent to hell for his inability to win it all.

Looks over books my friend. Just look at the results!

Godslay

Banned
Haha. This is hilarious. My God.

I guess you can keep doing your own narrative thing here.

I'm fine with him at QB, and that's all that matters.

You can compare his stats to Gabbert all you want because as it pans out over 16 games, Oz was on pace for:

3934 yards, 20 TDs 12 Ints ~62% completion percentage. That's serviceable in this league matched with a good defense. Especially for a guy in his first 7 starts.

Gabbert was on the same pace with the same amount of game starts, but what you fail to mention is that this has been Gabbert's best year at the position. He's totally had a serviceable year, and you look like a relic with the hahaha Gabbart tier shit.

So excuse me for wanting to stick with a green QB who was showing signs of being decent, over Manning who really dug some huge holes in games by throwing 17 picks in his 9 starts. Cheers to your salt points though, enjoy.

Draxal

What's all this about Sean Payton interested in the 49ers HC gig? Is there turmoil between him and the Saints' ownership?

Jed Dork's holding a conference today. Will he hold himself accountable?

Saints are on the way down, and it's a family thing.

Shanahan's also interested.

Crisco

Banned
I'm not really rooting for teams to get favorable match-ups for the Panthers. This isn't like the NCAA Tourney where there are 34523423 teams and if shit breaks your way you can have a cakewalk. If you want to win the Super Bowl, you're going to have to have to go through some good teams, anyway you slice it.

After a 15-1 regular season, I'm not AFRAID of anybody, especially playing in our house the whole way through. I would favor the Panthers to win every single game we could play even if Vegas/talking heads don't.

That being said, if Seattle does manage to win against Minnesota and then come to Charlotte and one and done us, I'm going to need to get counseling from Colts fans on how to deal with being another franchise's bitch for a half-decade+ (hell, we can take this all the way back to 2005, a decade+).

My biggest concern is how thin our secondary is, especially with a team like the Cardinals looming. Coleman should be ok with 3 weeks of rest, but Tillman got hurt again yesterday after he was already nursing a partially torn ACL. Our depth chart at CB right now looks like,

1. Norman
2. Finnegan
x1f631.png.pagespeed.ic.AicS1lNYYC.png

To win or even get to the 'owl, we'll have to win at least one shootout.

MechDX

Does this mean the Dolphins will make the playoffs one day?

Yes but you need two things: former Pats QB and a former Browns QB. Its the formula

Stephen Holder ‏@HolderStephen 12m12 minutes ago
Media in the Colts locker room right now. Players just had team meeting and it was conducted by... Chuck Pagano.

Um....Irsay not firing anyone?

MechDX

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 3m3 minutes ago
AFC East looks: Miami requesting HC interviews with Pats OC Josh McDaniels, Pats DC Matt Patricia, Bills asst HC Anthony Lynn, per sources.

Its happening Trejo!!!

Sanjuro

I'm fine with him at QB, and that's all that matters.

You can compare his stats to Gabbert all you want because as it pans out over 16 games, Oz was on pace for:

3934 yards, 20 TDs 12 Ints ~62% completion percentage. That's serviceable in this league matched with a good defense. Especially for a guy in his first 7 starts.

Gabbert was on the same pace with the same amount of game starts, but what you fail to mention is that this has been Gabbert's best year at the position. He's totally had a serviceable year, and you look like a relic with the hahaha Gabbart tier shit.

So excuse me for wanting to stick with a green QB who was showing signs of being decent, over Manning who really dug some huge holes in games by throwing 17 picks in his 9 starts. Cheers to your salt points though, enjoy.

You obviously are mad about something.

Why would I be salty about the quarterback game in Denver?
Why am I a relic when Gabbert is a current starting QB who is producing similar results?
Why is a just serviceable QB in demand for the top team in the league?
Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

Furyous

I'm hearing that Luck is also out for next season as well

That would be awful for you and I hope it's not the case. Imagine going through a season with Josh Freeman and Ryan Lindley. Would you be willing to part with a conditional seventh round draft pick for a young QB to hold things down while Andrew recovers? There's this dude that plays for this one team in the AFC North that might be available according to sources.

Draxal

Any job in the NFL is attractive unless it's one of the 1-3 guys who command any sort of clout.

A lot of jobs opened up this year and it's down the pecking order. Once that uncertainty is removed, it becomes much more attractive.

Sanjuro

A lot of jobs opened up this year and it's down the pecking order. Once that uncertainty is removed, it becomes much more attractive.

To who though? A shit coach who is a step away from college will bite. Even a coordinator who will get their due. It's the less desirable, but the location of the team wouldn't be the priority for that coach.

Draxal

To who though? A shit coach who is a step away from college will bite. Even a coordinator who will get their due. It's the less desirable, but the location of the team wouldn't be the priority for that coach.

If you're the Chargers you want to go after a top tier coach, and not the second tier.

MechDX

The wording of requesting is always a bit strange to me...can a team/Patriots in this case decline this request? Or is the decision completely up to the individual?

I believe teams can not block a request to interview for a head coaching spot. All other positions they can refuse

Why is anyone interested in the 49ers job with Trent Baalke still on the job?

Baalke is a huge part of why they're in such dire straits, and unless the next coach is some personnel genius, then why bother?

Godslay

Banned
You obviously are mad about something.

Why would I be salty about the quarterback game in Denver?
Why am I a relic when Gabbert is a starting QB who is producing similar results?
Why is a just serviceable QB in demand for the top team in the league?
Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

With their current production levels, if you extrapolate it out over 16 games, Oz and Gabbert would be around 14th/15th in yards, ~17th-20th in TDs, and around ~20th or so in Interceptions (lower is better).

That's average, and pretty much mirrors the year Big Ben has had.

Don't play dumb with the Gabbert gag, everyone knows what your are implying by it. If it was any other year for Gabbert, I'd agree but not this year. Keep trying though.

BigAT

I believe teams can not block a request to interview for a head coaching spot. All other positions they can refuse

Pretty sure the determination is based on whether or not it's a promotion. Like position coaches can interview to be coordinators, coordinators can interview for head coaching vacancies.

Top Bottom