• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Wild Card |OT| - A Fraud Goes Wild

spyder_ur

Bucs gotta re-sign Doug Martin with the swiftness. Shouldn't have let him have that kind of season on a contract year :(

That's basically the opposite of what I would recommend. He had a good year, but good franchises don't typically sign running backs to big money. Let him go if someone is going to give him a big contract.

DMczaf

Only if the price is right, if some other team wants to grab him and give gim a Demarco Murray contract let that other team be the dumbasses to do it. The Bucs will likely be a passing team going forward with Jameis.

Can also always franchise tag his ass and run him into the ground next year before tossing him aside too.

I think he has 3-4 seasons like that left in him, if we can get him on a 4 year deal that's financially viable, it has to be done. He brings great balance to the offense, just wish he could work on his receiving skills, seems like he regressed ever since that injury a couple of years ago.

That's basically the opposite of what I would recommend. He had a good year, but good franchises don't typically sign running backs to big money. Let him go if someone is going to give him a big contract.

Nah, i would never give him big money.

While not surprising, that was horrible to watch, hopefully the oline gets their shit together and edleman can get acclimated to game speed quickly...glad no one got seriously hurt though.

Oh and divorce sucks.
Damn, hang in there, my friend. :(

I for one was surprised by the game. The Dolphins are... not a good football team. At all.

I speak for everyone when I say I hope you guys apply the franchise tag to Bradford.

To bad for you that the Rams already locked Foles up long term. Gotta suck having the highest paid backup QB in the league.

Doesn't Cowher have two daughters in NY or something?

Yeah, they were saying that he recently moved to NY, to be closer to them, and that he is letting it be known that the Giants are the one job he would come back for.

Spinluck

So why do teams have to trade for Payton? Does it have to do with the Saints owner fighting for ownership of the team or some weird ass contact clause?

I'm sure no one cares, but I'd like to clear somethings up just so I have something to point back to.

I'm fine with Manning at QB, I've always been fine with him at QB. I backed his poor play with excuses up through the time he was benched. In the KC game, it became indefensible so I stopped doing it and I won't do it again.

The thing that rubbed me the wrong way was two fold. The first being that Brock was having a decent game, assuming you cut out the turnovers which I and I think many others feel weren't his fault. Schofield (RT) has been shit on for weeks now, letting guys get to the QB in ~2 seconds on multiple occasions. Yet, Kubes stood idly by letting Brock get shit on from the right side. Granted Brock held on to the ball at times, but Schofield is fucking garbage. Fast forward to yesterday and who gets benched when Manning comes in? Schofield. Weird timing, and it quite frankly pissed me off. So now we won't get to see if patching up that right side would have helped Oz from getting destroyed on that side. I'd be fine with a benching for performance or injury, but that wasn't the case yesterday. So the move looked pretty flaky to me.

The second part of this rant is that I think that Bronco's fans need to be careful with jumping back over to Manning. Manning was 5/9 for 69 yards, and yes the team looked a bit more charged with him back there. The same thing happened when Manning got shut down in the KC game after throwing 4 picks. The thing I am being cautious of is that a lot of people are saying that Manning is back without him really doing much yesterday. If he's back to 2013 level, I'll throw a fucking party and Brock can wait his turn. The idea of him being a turnover machine is still fresh in my head, so if that devalues fandom then so be it.

Like I said, I'll root for him to lead this team to the promise land, but it should be on a short leash should he be named the starter. If we see more of Peyton 2015 than of Peyton 2013, he should be sat right away. The margin for error is even thinner in the playoffs so I'd hate to see it all be derailed by a bunch of picks from Manning.

I was going to just post on Twitter and skip all the nonsense, but I won't go out like that.
You're being rational, that's about it. This is generally the case when Tabris disagrees with you on something.

Tabris

You were his fan
You were his supporter
But you didn't know all the things he did for you, no
So you took a chance
And made plans supporting Brock
But I bet you didn't think that they would come crashing down, no

You don't have to say, what you did,
I already know, I found out from him
Now there's just no chance, for you and me, there'll never be
And don't it make you sad about it

You told me you supported him
Why did you leave him, all alone
Now you tell me you need him
When you cheer for him, on the field
Girl I refuse, you must have him confused
With some other quarterback
Your bridges were burned, and now it's your turn
To cry, cry me a river
Cry me a river-er
Cry me a river
Cry me a river-er, yea yea

Striker

Giving up picks for a coach with all the holes on the team isn't wise. I also don't want Payton considering his track record for defenses. I welcome Cowher assuming they hang onto McAdoo or bring in a west coast offensive mind. Eli seems to really enjoy playing under McAdoo so he will probably put his two cents in about that. They will have an early 1st round pick and over $48M in cap space and the biggest FA's on the team are JPP and Prince, and quite frankly, neither are super high priority. Big question marks on both men. I'm okay with bringing them back but only at a certain price. Defense needs a major, major overhaul.

Spinluck

KC @ HOU
PIT @ CIN
SEA @ MIN
GB @ WAS

Hope Minny can pull the upset...want no part of Seattle.

As a non fan of both teams that game would be amazing.

As usual, the NFC has the best playoffs match ups going like 6 or so years straight.

I think he has 3-4 seasons like that left in him, if we can get him on a 4 year deal that's financially viable, it has to be done. He brings great balance to the offense, just wish he could work on his receiving skills, seems like he regressed ever since that injury a couple of years ago.

Nah, i would never give him big money.

Im all for resigning him on a 4 year 32 million dollar type deal with like 10-12 million guranteed but not a high priced one.

eznark

Banned
Given all the openings I don't see why McAdoo would stay. Hell if the Giants get the pill popper I think McAdoo would be great in New Orleans.

Godslay

Banned
You were his fan
You were his supporter
So you took a chance

To cry, cry me a river
Cry me a river-er
Cry me a river

Fair enough. Now I know the parameters.

Eh. He wasn't being so rational the other day. He seems to have gone with all my points though, so that is a positive!

Don't tear up your shoulder trying to pat yourself on the back.

Spinluck

Giving up picks for a coach with all the holes on the team isn't wise. I also don't want Payton considering his track record for defenses. I welcome Cowher assuming they hang onto McAdoo or bring in a west coast offensive mind. Eli seems to really enjoy playing under McAdoo so he will probably put his two cents in about that. They will have an early 1st round pick and over $48M in cap space and the biggest FA's on the team are JPP and Prince, and quite frankly, neither are super high priority. Big question marks on both men. I'm okay with bringing them back but only at a certain price. Defense needs a major, major overhaul.

Yeah I was thinking that, Payton wouldn't make sense on the Giants seeing how the offense wasn't really a bottleneck for the team this year. Eli is far along as a QB and can still improve without the help of a coach like Payton. That defense has been godawful, I remember when Giants were all about that D-line too. Outside of Ayers and a handicapped JPP they were straight trash on that front. Not even sure if JPP comes back.

What is even scarier for you guys imo is how that secondary managed to be worse lol. I did not catch every game, but what I did see was sad. And I watch the Colts D!

Joe Thomas isn’t sure if he wants another year in Cleveland
The older I get and the more the losing piles up, the more bittersweet it is because more losing brings more change,” said Thomas, who has played all 8,959 offensive snaps over 144 pro games. “That’s why it becomes harder to swallow, the closer you get to the end. Who knows what’s going to happen?”

"I’m not saying yes. I’m not saying no. … I was always wanting to be here and be part of the turnaround, but when there’s changes in the front office and changes in the coaching staff, they may want to go younger — they may not want me. Maybe when we find out what happens, there will be more certainty with the direction the team wants to go and the direction that my career is going to go."

jesus. yet another heart broken by cleve

Flicking through the movie channels and Armageddon is on. What a movie :*)

To bad for you that the Rams already locked Foles up long term. Gotta suck having the highest paid backup QB in the league.

Every team needs an experienced backup and now we're perfectly placed to reach our 7-9 goal next year.

Given all the openings I don't see why McAdoo would stay. Hell if the Giants get the pill popper I think McAdoo would be great in New Orleans.
Giants aren't giving up draft picks to get a coach. I'd be downright dumbfounded if that happened.

Eli has already expressed his desire to remain in the same offense if possible and I do think the Giants will give heavy consideration to McAdoo moving into the head coach position. It makes the most sense and they will allow McAdoo to choose his own staff, etc.

Spinluck

Joe can come be a #2 corner behind Davis in Indy.

We do have a history of signing Browns castoffs.

Edit: Plus I'm tired of seeing Tohler get burned.

Striker

What is even scarier for you guys imo is how that secondary managed to be worse lol. I did not catch every game, but what I did see was sad. And I watch the Colts D!
Safety and LB play has been terrible for a good portion of the season. Lots of teams took advantage of them all year, especially in key drives (notably Brees, Romo, and Newton). They couldn't make a stop all year.

I think it would be a good time to transition to a 3-4 given the cap space and inevitable coaching changes.

^ Bring Joe to NY.

Tabris

Fair enough. Now I know the parameters.

19.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEkB-VQviLI

You never close your eyes anymore when I talk about Peyton.
And there's no tenderness like before in your posts.
You're trying hard not to show it, (godslay).
But godslay, godslay, I know it...

You've lost that fan feeling,
Whoa, that fan feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...gone...wooooooh.

Now there's no welcome look in your eyes
when Peyton is on the tv.
And now you're starting to critisize little things he does.
It makes me just feel like crying, (godslay).
'Cause godslay, something beautiful's dying.

You lost that fan feeling,
Whoa, that fan feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...gone...woooooah

9da41af88cbe5dd4_CruiseSings.xxxlarge_0.jpg

I really think it will wind up being Gase when everything is done. I was surprised to see Mcadoo on their list, I hadnt heard any buzz about him being a potential candidate.
#8 offense in the league and #6 in scoring and the guy had mostly garbage to work with at the skill positions. Having Odell helps obviously but take a look at Eli Manning's numbers over the past two seasons. He's done an incredible job given what he's had to work with.

squicken

Also Bradfords QB rating after the bye:

Week 9: 103.4
Week 10: 118.1
Week 13: 99.3
Week 14: 77.4
Week 15: 91.6
Week 16: 91.4
Week 17: 108.3

Yeah after the bye he was really really good. Only problem was TDs weren't there. Some of that is drops and some were missed throws. The whole offense just never got in sync. But it was good to see Ertz and Matthews have career years. Too bad JMatt just missed 1000 yards, but then even he said he only had himself to blame

I'm not really rooting for teams to get favorable match-ups for the Panthers. This isn't like the NCAA Tourney where there are 34523423 teams and if shit breaks your way you can have a cakewalk. If you want to win the Super Bowl, you're going to have to have to go through some good teams, anyway you slice it.

After a 15-1 regular season, I'm not AFRAID of anybody, especially playing in our house the whole way through. I would favor the Panthers to win every single game we could play even if Vegas/talking heads don't.

That being said, if Seattle does manage to win against Minnesota and then come to Charlotte and one and done us, I'm going to need to get counseling from Colts fans on how to deal with being another franchise's bitch for a half-decade+ (hell, we can take this all the way back to 2005, a decade+).

How sweet was that pass breakup by Lippett? Wouldn't it be incredible if he developed into a starting CB...

Also, thoughts on a Shanny + Tanny future?

Yeah he had a solid game hopefully he works out because we need some of these rookies/new guys to step up. That LB that took over for Jenkins looked alright too (forgot his name). The defense did a really good job of eliminating Gronk too. I wouldn't mind Shanahan as coach I think he would fit well with Tannehill and this offense, he would just need a strong D coordinator.

SonnyBoy

That being said, if Seattle does manage to win against Minnesota and then come to Charlotte and one and done us, I'm going to need to get counseling from Colts fans on how to deal with being another franchise's bitch for a half-decade+ (hell, we can take this all the way back to 2005, a decade+).

We can assist in that therapy session.

Spinluck

I'm not really rooting for teams to get favorable match-ups for the Panthers. This isn't like the NCAA Tourney where there are 34523423 teams and if shit breaks your way you can have a cakewalk. If you want to win the Super Bowl, you're going to have to have to go through some good teams, anyway you slice it.

After a 15-1 regular season, I'm not AFRAID of anybody, especially playing in our house the whole way through.

That being said, if Seattle does manage to win against Minnesota and then come to Charlotte and one and done us, I'm going to need to get counseling from Colts fans on how to deal with being another franchise's bitch for a half-decade+ (hell, we can take this all the way back to 2005, a decade+)

Easy, beat them, then you get your ring.

Sure worked for us in 06!

If anything, you'll need my counseling for going one and done with a superb regular season record.

I can help you there.

#8 offense in the league and #6 in scoring and the guy had mostly garbage to work with at the skill positions. Having Odell helps obviously but take a look at Eli Manning's numbers over the past two seasons. He's done an incredible job given what he's had to work with.

I wasnt saying he shouldnt be a candidate, just that this weekend I listened to 2 different 3 hour long Eagles pre-game shows and neither show mentioned his name once.

tj hazuki

Excited for the post season, RedskinsGAF. This has been a great season to witness no matter what happens in the playoffs.

Yeah he had a solid game hopefully he works out because we need some of these rookies/new guys to step up. That LB that took over for Jenkins looked alright too (forgot his name). The defense did a really good job of eliminating Gronk too. I wouldn't mind Shanahan as coach I think he would fit well with Tannehill and this offense, he would just need a strong D coordinator.
I think the LB was Neville Hewitt? He made a few really nice plays, the first time our run D has looked decent in a long time.

The thing I love about Shanahan is his offenses always produce good RBs and he knows the value of a good running game. That is what this team needs right now to help Tannehill out.

Respect

I'm sorry to hear that bro, I'm one of the few that thinks Pats fans deserve love too. :(

:(

Hope you're doing alright

Damn, hang in there, my friend. :(

Thanks friends, appreciate it. Silver linings, we didn't have kids and we both will be better off. Fun fact, the divorced was signed and approved by the judge on my ex-wife's birthday (Dec 23rd).

I for one was surprised by the game. The Dolphins are... not a good football team. At all.

It didn't surprise me too much because of Brady's history. He sometimes struggles against a great defense (which admittedly can stop any QB) and whenever he plays in south beach.

I will say NE's defense has been very good this year, thought the front 7 would come around and be great unit and I think they have delivered, the secondary is the real bright spot though, particularly Logan Ryan. I thought they would struggle a lot, but they have really improved all year long and have become a very good unit. Even Butler has improved a lot more than I know I would have hoped.

SonnyBoy

Excited for the post season, RedskinsGAF. This has been a great season to witness no matter what happens in the playoffs.

Winning 9 games after winning only 3 last year is definitely something to be happy about. IDGAF who we beat to get 9 wins, as you can only play who's on your schedule. Prior regimes would lose to the teams they were supposed to lose to AND to the teams they should have beaten. If people want to invalidate this season by saying we beat nobody's, that's fine. Because in years past, we would have lost to them.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Season over yet?

A big fuck you to Gata for asking how the Packers will go one and done this season 5 months ago. But the answer apparently is that it'll be against Washington.

We might very well be the worst 10 win team in recent memory. Just read that we haven't been swept at home by the division since 1968....and consider that the NFC North is awful.

Sanjuro

Season over yet?

A big fuck you to Gata for asking how the Packers will go one and done this season 5 months ago. But the answer apparently is that it'll be against Washington.

We might very well be the worst 10 win team in recent memory. Just read that we haven't been swept at home by the division since 1968....and consider that the NFC North is awful.

Time to trade Fraudgers for RG3.

You were his fan
You were his supporter
So you took a chance

To cry, cry me a river
Cry me a river-er
Cry me a river
Go ahead and cry, Britney. 50cent laugh

I think the LB was Neville Hewitt? He made a few really nice plays, the first time our run D has looked decent in a long time.

The thing I love about Shanahan is his offenses always produce good RBs and he knows the value of a good running game. That is what this team needs right now to help Tannehill out.

Yeah him, it's funny how we had a bunch of nobodies playing on defense. I would hope Shanahan would keep Lamar, I can't believe there is a (big) chance we let him walk. With an oline the offense would be fine and Tannehill would thrive

Top Bottom