• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Wild Card |OT| - A Fraud Goes Wild

squicken

Ginn is 30 and has only ever looked serviceable at receiver with Cam. Philly Brown doesn't have a single elite physical attribute, he's the definition of a JAG. Ditto for Cotchery and he's 33 years old. Which of those guys is a "Golden Tate" type? Funchess is the only one with potential, but he's been very inconsistent as a rookie which has kept him beneath those other three on the depth chart. They get open because Olsen attracts a ton of attention in the middle of the field and Cam/Stewart force defenses to play the run first. Even with that, Cam is firing missiles into practically non-existent windows to get completions to these guys. I watch Seahawks game and see Doug Baldwin catching passes without a defender in the frame.

-Stewart, a very talented player who could never stay healthy, stayed healthy

-Olsen would be All-Pro is the voting was limited to humans only

-OL was solid and mostly healthy by NFL standards

-Ginn is a legit burner who takes the top off of defenses

-Funchess came on a bit late and could be the Golden Tate guy

That's a solid group. Not top 10, but not bottom 10 either

Against the shittiest Ravens team possibly ever, the Bengals converted 0 of 9 third downs.

BengalsGAF refreshing Twitter every second to see how Dalton's visit to check up on his condition goes in hopes they still have a chance

MechDX

6yv3Z84.gif

Go on with your bad self Kareem

Godslay

Banned
19.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEkB-VQviLI

You never close your eyes anymore when I talk about Peyton.
And there's no tenderness like before in your posts.
You're trying hard not to show it, (godslay).
But godslay, godslay, I know it...

You've lost that fan feeling,
Whoa, that fan feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...gone...wooooooh.

Now there's no welcome look in your eyes
when Peyton is on the tv.
And now you're starting to critisize little things he does.
It makes me just feel like crying, (godslay).
'Cause godslay, something beautiful's dying.

You lost that fan feeling,
Whoa, that fan feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...gone...woooooah

9da41af88cbe5dd4_CruiseSings.xxxlarge_0.jpg

I will forgive you for this. I'm sorry that you took everything so personal. I just want the Broncos to win. Let's be friends again and root for the Broncos together no matter who is taking the snaps?

So, you like Brock. Know he is Gabbert tier. Fine with Manning playing.

Right?

Whatever works for you.

Against the shittiest Ravens team possibly ever, the Bengals converted 0 of 9 third downs.

BengalsGAF refreshing Twitter every second to see how Dalton's visit to check up on his condition goes in hopes they still have a chance

McCarron healthy > Dalton 50%

And when you have the type of injury Red BB Gun has, that's about the best you can hope to have him by this weekend

squicken

I'm going to feel terrible for Titans fans, and Marcus Mariota, if they keep Mike Mularkey.

It's horrible they are even considering this. That team is by far the worst in the league. I'm not sure MM is all that great but the rest of the team is definitely bad

Art Stapleton ‏@art_stapleton 27s27 seconds ago
Eli Manning fighting back tears.
On uncertainty involving coaching future of Tom Coughlin: "We failed him." #Giants

Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN 4s4 seconds ago
A very emotional Eli Manning seemed to know what Tom Coughlin's future holds. "Maybe," he said. "But I don't want to share it right now."

I'm gonna be gutted during Mara's press conference. :(

SonnyBoy

Even as a divisional rival, it's hard to not respect and admire coach Coughlin. Stand up guy, I hope he doesn't get canned.

Colasante

It's horrible they are even considering this. That team is by far the worst in the league. I'm not sure MM is all that great but the rest of the team is definitely bad

In some ways, what's happened to the Titans the past few years is even worse than the Browns' variety of tire fires. At least people talk about the Browns when they make horrible decisions, all of Tennessee's idiocies go completely unnoticed.

Godslay

Banned
The salt is real. Thought you were one of the good ones!

Conversation was completed yesterday with the idea that by your own self-admission that you didn't watch his snaps.

Not going to waste my time arguing with someone whos picture is incomplete.

If that's salt, then I guess you got what you wanted. So I think it can end on that.

Striker

Off the top of my head, I know Shaun O'Hara, Lawrence Tynes, Dave Tollefson, and Steve Weatherford have spoken highly of Coughlin and said the big problem is the roster itself, and the blame should be on Reese/Ross. I can't disagree with them, but Mara/Tisch will do what they feel is best for the team. Hopefully Ross is canned and the strength and conditioning coach is gone also.

Colasante

I don't know if Ben McAdoo as the Giants head coach is already fait accompli, but if it's not I'd think there's a real possibility of Josh McDaniels going there. It'd be the right situation for him, with a quarterback in place, good owners, an invested fanbase, and he'd certainly get Bill's blessing.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Mary Kay Cabot Verified account
‏@MaryKayCabot

#Browns Justin Gilbert admitted he "missed a ton of meetings last year." Why? "hard sleeper". nothing deeper than that? "no"

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
This is a question for both Titans fans in here:

Any must follows on twitter for Titans news?

Asking for a buddy of mine who just got onto twitter for the first time and is a big Titans fan.

I cant believe that they are not even considering Chip. All three QBs that he has had have had the best years of their careers under him, and we know that him and MM get along well. It seems like such a no brainer.

Colasante

#Titans GM Ruston Webster has been fired, source said.

One step in the right direction for the Titoons.

Ruston Webster's draft slot since he was promoted to GM:

2012: 20th
2013: 10th
2014: 11th
2015: 2nd
2016: 1st

MechDX

Asking for a buddy of mine who just got onto twitter for the first time and is a big Titans fan.

Paul Kuharsky @PaulKuharskyNFL . Used to be the AFC South divisional writer for ESPN. Still read some of his stuff. Also Jim Wyatt @jwyattsports

Hope it helps

rando14

I need to know what their draft interview process is like. What questions are they asking ,hell... Are they asking questions? lol.

Lol remember this?

NFL scouting seems to get more and more interesting every year.

Consider the case of Arkansas center Travis Swanson, who admitted at his combine interview that he patterns his game after Cleveland Browns center Alex Mack.

If Mack leaves the Browns via free agency, Swanson would be a legitimate candidate to be drafted in Mack’s place.

Swanson went through the usual questions in his media interview, saying he's laid-back and likes all kind of music and plays guitar. All that stuff. Then he talked about an interview with a Browns scout at the Senior Bowl.

“I got asked to name all the things I could do with a single brick in one minute,” Swanson said.

A brick.

“That kind of threw me off,” he said.

Understandably.

squicken

Tom Gower writes somes Titans stuff and is a Football Outsiders staff. Paul Kuharsky is also a good follow. Radio and beat guy in Nashville

@ThomasGower
@PaulKuharskyNFL

Fox318

there are Titans fans?

I just assume people get lost and wind up in the stadium for games.

MechDX

Aaron Wilson ‏@AaronWilson_NFL 7m7 minutes ago
New Dolphins general manager Chris Grier is the son of Bobby Grier, the Texans' senior personnel advisor

Dolphins now Texans East.
Texans are Pats South

Dolphins and Patriots are now cousins by marriage! Congrats Chris and TDR! Say hi to Cousin Gata

Sanjuro

Conversation was completed yesterday with the idea that by your own self-admission that you didn't watch his snaps.

Not going to waste my time arguing with someone whos picture is incomplete.

If that's salt, then I guess you got what you wanted. So I think it can end on that.

Haha. This is hilarious. My God.

I guess you can keep doing your own narrative thing here.

Who's willing to take a chance in Forte next season? Only way he's going back to the Bears is on a discount.

Bears RB Matt Forte sounds open to hometown discount

“At this point, I’m not worried about earning powers and all that stuff,” Forte said. “I’ve made money as a football player, and it’s not about that to me.

“I’m not like looking for a huge-contract deal like I did coming out with my second contract. … I know I just turned 30.”

The Bears will have a ton of cap space next year. Pace seems intent on building through the draft and offering 1 year deals to fill in the gaps instead of making huge free agency splashes. There should be plenty of money available to re-sign guys like Jeffrey and Forte. But they do have two extremely capable backs waiting in the wings, and they need talent across the board. Can they really afford to keep Forte, as opposed to spending on a bigger need position?

rando14

Pls friends let's get along

Brian Nemhauser ‏@hawkblogger
Seahawks Offense gets a cumulative -5.4 grade from PFF on Sunday. Cardinals Defense gets a +6.4. Seahawks scored 36 points. Punted twice.

PFF does it again!!

bionic77

there are Titans fans?

I just assume people get lost and wind up in the stadium for games.
You owe an apology to all 50 Titan fans for the disrespect shown in this post.

Also apologize to Mike Tomlin. He might be a puppet but he is a puppet with a ring and another ticket to the playoffs!

Chargers:

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 42s43 seconds ago
Chargers will formalize their decision to retain Mike McCoy as head coach. Announcement likely today. GM Tom Telesco already has a new deal

Also:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m2 minutes ago
Former #Falcons coach Mike Smith will be among those interviewing for at least one of the openings, I'm told. He's already received interest

MechDX

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 3m3 minutes ago
Titans decision to keep interim president Steve Underwood as reported over weekend, another indication of possible sale. Lot of issues...

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 2m2 minutes ago
To be sorted out within that family and with the NFL about future ownership of Titans. Underwood is point man for that.

Just ride off into the sunset Peyton and buy them already.

Draxal

I don't know if Ben McAdoo as the Giants head coach is already fait accompli, but if it's not I'd think there's a real possibility of Josh McDaniels going there. It'd be the right situation for him, with a quarterback in place, good owners, an invested fanbase, and he'd certainly get Bill's blessing.

Giants are going to go after the Chin.

Fox318

You owe an apology to all 50 Titan fans for the disrespect shown in this post.

Also apologize to Mike Tomlin. He might be a puppet but he is a puppet with a ring and another ticket to the playoffs!

That fraud ass omar epps will get an apology from me when he learns how to coach.

I don't get why the Chargers are keeping McCoy but this is the same franchise that held onto Norv for far longer than he should have been around.

Top Bottom